Crap Games to Avoid (Blacklist?)

GBA: Tang Tang, Urban Yeti, Dark Arena, Iridion 3D

XBOX: Robin Hood, Mortal Kombat Deception (except Chess)

[quote name='dopa345']Just go to gamerankings.com, and put in all the games that scored below 50% or whatever cutoff you want.[/quote]

It's possible that a game that got below 50% could be a good game, usually in regard to the multiplayer being the only part of the game worth playing.

I'll agree on Deception. For $49.99, it's definately a 'steer clear', unless you have someone to play on Live against.. it's $27.99 used over at Gamefly, and it's pretty much worth $27.99, but definately not $49.99.

[quote name='tyecko'][quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='tyecko']Eternal Darkness- GC
Animal Crossing- GC[/quote]

You ever play either of those games? Man, how assinine is it to suggest these 2 games be black listed?[/quote]

Yes I have played and owned both of them and returned both shortly to the stores after playing them. I had heard Eternal Darkness was good and I loved the RE series on Gamecube but Eternal Darkness had such cheesy enemies, and bad clunky controls, and weak graphics I couldn't take it. And as Animal Crossing goes, I was really looking forward to it because of all the good reviews it has gotten and the 1st day I played it I said, "yanno, this is pretty fun." and I was looking forward to playing it the next day. After about 3 days I noticed something, its the same damn thing over and over again, you walk around town which takes forever, you talk to the same animals, you fish and dig and look at the lost and found and put up wallpaper in your house, and you turn in fossils. It is just so completly boring after playing it for a few days that I had to return it. And how about next time you say something is asinine you spell it correctly.[/quote]

If you are going to become a member of the grammar police you should begin by spelling completely correctly and refrain from using run-on sentences... ;) Last I checked this was a message board, and not a thesis for a Doctorate in gaming sciences. ;)

[quote name='tyecko']Thanks jerk.[/quote]

For an individual who I have seen argue in such an eloquent manor I must say that I am disappointed by your rebuttal. I was expecting something clever or mildly amusing. Oh well, feel free to correct any grammatical errors in my posts. ;)

Spanky's Quest and Primal Rage for the SNES. I traded MegaMan soccer for these two games when I was around 7 years old (I traded it to my cousin). Worst trade ever.

[quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='tyecko']Thanks jerk.[/quote]

For an individual who I have seen argue in such an eloquent manor I must say that I am disappointed by your rebuttal. I was expecting something clever or mildly amusing. Oh well, feel free to correct any grammatical errors in my posts. ;)[/quote]

Is that sarcasm or just truth? Anyways I felt the same way thats why I decided to take it down, I didn't feel that it lived up to my standards.

[quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='tyecko']Thanks jerk.[/quote]

For an individual who I have seen argue in such an eloquent manor I must say that I am disappointed by your rebuttal. I was expecting something clever or mildly amusing. Oh well, feel free to correct any grammatical errors in my posts. ;)[/quote]

Hahah I just got that you wanted me to correct manor to manner right?

How in the world has no one mentioned Universal Studios (GC)? Such a tedious game...

I have to agree on Turok Evolution as well... it's practically unplayable and the graphics are... horrendous to say the least...

I'm sure there are a ton of others but those are the two that jump out immediately at me.

[quote name='dhrez']It's possible that a game that got below 50% could be a good game, usually in regard to the multiplayer being the only part of the game worth playing.[/quote]

what? like halo?

:lol:

[quote name='tyecko'][quote name='GSJaia'][quote name='tyecko']Thanks jerk.[/quote]

Hahah I just got that you wanted me to correct manor to manner right?[/quote]

That is correct. ;) Also, the previous comment from me was not meant to be sarcastic. I did expect something clever. ;)

You have not play crap until you've played Hellboy on the ps1, so many bugs,graphics are unfinished/suck, voices are god awful,fighting system includes hold down square and THATS IT. Definetly a game that should be put in cement and shot into space.

I find it difficult to denote any truly high-profile release (Dark Cloud 2, Super Mario Sunshine) as crap, mainly because, even if I don't like the game, I can respect that some people do and that they had hype for a reason. However, I can still smell crap when I'm near it.

Circus Maximus (Xbox)
Disney's Hide and Sneak (GC)
Tetris Worlds (Any)
Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (GBA)
Ping Pals (DS)
Metal Dungeon (Xbox)
Motor Trend: Lotus Challenge (Xbox, PS2)
Terminator 3: ROTM (All)
Sneakers (Xbox)
Tube Slider (GC)
Great Escape (All)
Bad Boys 2 (All)
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury (PC, Xbox)
Conflict Desert Storm 1 (All)
Fugitive Hunter (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu (GBA)
Simpsons Road Rage (GBA)
Any Rugrats Game (GBA)
Rune: Viking Warlord (PS2)
Rocky (GBA)

That's all I can think of now. Happy Holidays!

Update: Replaced Rocky with Terminator 3: ROTM. I spoke too soon. I meant Rocky for GBA, not consoles.

I don't get the hate for Dark Cloud 2.
It was a good game.
It wasn't great. but it was a good solid game.

Haven (PS2) is pretty bad. Too much variety in the gameplay, the yo-yo thing he has as a weapon is too short, the whole character kind of sucks - you're a slave who's been poisoned and you have to collect antidote or you die.

Although ratings wouldn't agree with me - Lotr: Return of the King was a horrible one player experience because of dumb A.I. I'm a big fan of the movies, but this game was so frustrating it's almost unplayable (I wanted to toss my controller at the TV more than a dozen times)

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Fight Club (PS2/Xbox)[/quote]i agree fight club was a big dissapointment!!! what a crappy game.
i also think that starsky and hutch was a crap game, what is the deal with that anyways?

bread's done
Back