Crappy Games you Love

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
What are the games that everyone else hates, but you still love.

Personally I like Battle Arena Toshinden 3. It's got a ton of characters (about half are just copies) but that combo system was neat. I don't care what anyone says, I'll never let you go BAT 3. :cry:

Most of the 3D sonic games. They are actually pretty bad sometimes but man do I love em. Also, the Gex games, god i miss those. Finally dare I say it.....

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness .....

[quote name='Jrunt20x']Most of the 3D sonic games. They are actually pretty bad sometimes but man do I love em. Also, the Gex games, god i miss those. Finally dare I say it.....

Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness .....[/quote]

Gex, yah, totally forgot about him. Those games were pretty fun.

i am telling you....rising zan for the playstation 1. the crappiest graphics, shoddy gameplay, yet it someone manages to be a lot of fun. the dialogue is hilariously cheesy, and you have to love a game whose ratings go from hero to super ultra sexy hero. also, the theme song is not to be missed

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Metal Gear Solid 2.

So many people hate that game, yet I love it so much[/quote]

I myself don't really consider that a crappy game, especially if that game got a solid 86.6 on GameRankings. I love most of the previous Mortal Kombat games in the series despite people calling it repetitive.

[quote name='dopa345']I found Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness not as horrendously terrible as I thought it would be if that counts.[/quote]

I found Catwoman not as horrendously terrible as I thought it would be if that counts. The professional reviewers gave it a raw deal based primarily on the movie, which pretty much blew chunks. The game wasn't actually that bad.

Enter the Matrix
The Bouncer
Not really crappy but some might say it wasn't too good but I loved every moment of XIII. So much so I played through it twice.

I got a couple hours of enjoyment out of Product Number 3, which was not the "Product Number 2" that most reviewers touted it as.

Guerilla War (NES) - It was the first game I ever beat, maybe because there were unlimited lives. It was fun! I still remember the music for it even though I haven't played it in so long. I loved the mine cart and sewer levels.

Jones in the Fast Lane (PC) - just...lol! I wish I could find my copy of it...I need to wax my marble...

Ballz (SNES) - it was fun for a little bit

Killer Instinct (SNES) - it got good reviews, but by the time we the game, the system was outdated and the game was $5. My bf thought it was crappy and absolutely hated it but I would play it with his sister all the time.

Wolfenstein 3D (PC & GBA) - fun! like a historic version of Doom with less enemies (well, actually Doom is a version of it...) Not exactly crappy IMHO, but a lot of people think it was/is.

Bible Adventures (NES) - It's so crappy, it's cute. I like the Noah's Art game. The controls are very loose but it's funny to stack the animals up.

Bump 'N Jump (Atari/Intellivision - I think) - I haven't played this in a while but it was the first game I was actually good at.

Yo Noid! (NES) - It's not crappy, but it's a licensed game based on the Domino's character. If it's under $10 pick it up because it's pretty fun.

That Paper-Airplane Mini Game from Wario Ware (GC & GBA) - It's one of the simpliest games ever, but it's just so fun to do.

An ex girlfriend of mine loved Guerilla War. One night I brought up the NES in a conversation. She was a very casual gamer - you think a girl like that might mention Super Mario Bros. or Tetris, but she instantly proceeded to tell me how she used to play Guerilla War with her father. That surprised me. I was thinking of getting her an NES with Guerilla War and some other games as a birthday gift but we broke up before that.

Anyways, I liked Ford Racing 2 and Corvette for the PS2 (yes, those are two of the games in that Wal-Mart racing 3-pack). They definitely wouldn't be anywhere near a list of the best current-gen racers, but they're not awful, either. If you like racing games and come across a copy of either one for around $5, they're worth a try.

I also liked Sub-Terrania for the Genesis. The controls definitely could have been better than they were, but it was worth the 99 cents I paid for it.

Finally, I'll mention the 8 and 16 bit Simpsons games on the NES, SNES, and Genesis. All of these lean on the difficult side (especially Bart's Nightmare on the SNES/Genesis) but if you have the patience to figure them out, you might enjoy them. My favorite out of these is Virtual Bart (SNES/Genesis) - especially the part where you have to throw tomatoes at the other kids before the class photo is taken. :lol:

[quote name='SadieDee']
Wolfenstein 3D (PC & GBA) - fun! like a historic version of Doom with less enemies (well, actually Doom is a version of it...) Not exactly crappy IMHO, but a lot of people think it was/is. [/quote]

Man, how can you mention Wolfenstein 3D as a "crappy" game? It was without question the most popular PC game when it was released, and along with Doom created the fps genre...

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='CaseyRyback']Metal Gear Solid 2.

So many people hate that game, yet I love it so much[/quote]

I myself don't really consider that a crappy game, especially if that game got a solid 86.6 on GameRankings. I love most of the previous Mortal Kombat games in the series despite people calling it repetitive.[/quote]

prety much everyone calls it the most overrated game of all time, so I felt it was worth putting on the list

[quote name='rockhero'][quote name='SadieDee']
Wolfenstein 3D (PC & GBA) - fun! like a historic version of Doom with less enemies (well, actually Doom is a version of it...) Not exactly crappy IMHO, but a lot of people think it was/is. [/quote]

Man, how can you mention Wolfenstein 3D as a "crappy" game? It was without question the most popular PC game when it was released, and along with Doom created the fps genre...[/quote]

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said that I like the game, but some people have called it crappy. In fact, the GBA version of Wolfenstein 3D, which is exactly like the PC version, got a 61% from GameRankings.com. That surprised me but I still got the game...and loved it. Doom came out the year after Wolfenstein, so even though W3D was first, the emphasis is always placed on Doom as being a break through game of the genre. I don't think W3D was the first FPS either and you to admit, Doom was a superior game in terms of graphics and level design.

I was born in '84 and my family always had a computer in the house. So, when I was 8 - 10 playing that game, my expectations from it were probably a lot higher than someone older, who just grew up on pong or didn't have a computer for most of their life. I don't how old you are or if you are the same age, but that's how I grew up. I know there's a lot of people my age that haven't played it or even heard of W3D. My bf (a year older than me) is one of those people, so I made a copy of the game for him. Believe me, he didn't think it was as great as I did, lol, and I quoteth him, "It's okay..."

Looking back on those games, I think they were the greatest but if I replay them, well, they are actually kind of crappy, especially compared with today's games.

Now, I definately think the original Pong and Pokemon are crappy, but I'm sure some people will be like "OMG!!1!1!!IT's TEH BEST GAME EVER!!1!" I never grew up with just pong or a GB or GBC so that why I think it sucks. My bf and his sister have tried to make me play and learn to enjoy pokemon. I just don't like those games at all!! They're crappy and boring!!!...but my bf is the same person that didn't like Wolfenstein 3D. Lol, it's just an opinion :wink:

[quote name='SadieDee']
Did you even read what I wrote?

I said that I like the game, but some people have called it crappy. In fact, the GBA version of Wolfenstein 3D, which is exactly like the PC version, got a 61% from GameRankings.com. That surprised me but I still got the game...and loved it. Doom came out the year after Wolfenstein, so even though W3D was first, the emphasis is always placed on Doom as being a break through game of the genre. I don't think W3D was the first FPS either and you to admit, Doom was a superior game in terms of graphics and level design.

I was born in '84 and my family always had a computer in the house. So, when I was 8 - 10 playing that game, my expectations from it were probably a lot higher than someone older, who just grew up on pong or didn't have a computer for most of their life. I don't how old you are or if you are the same age, but that's how I grew up. I know there's a lot of people my age that haven't played it or even heard of W3D. My bf (a year older than me) is one of those people, so I made a copy of the game for him. Believe me, he didn't think it was as great as I did, lol, and I quoteth him, "It's okay..."

Looking back on those games, I think they were the greatest but if I replay them, well, they are actually kind of crappy, especially compared with today's games.

Now, I definately think the original Pong and Pokemon are crappy, but I'm sure some people will be like "OMG!!1!1!!IT's TEH BEST GAME EVER!!1!" I never grew up with just pong or a GB or GBC so that why I think it sucks. My bf and his sister have tried to make me play and learn to enjoy pokemon. I just don't like those games at all!! They're crappy and boring!!!...but my bf is the same person that didn't like Wolfenstein 3D. Lol, it's just an opinion :wink:[/quote]

I did read what you wrote, I guess I'm just surprised that Wolfenstein would even come into anyone's mind when thinking of crappy games when there are so many terrible ones to choose from. I mean at the time it "singlehandedly justified the existance of shareware"according to Computer Gaming World.

I didn't mean any offence, I just can think of literally ten gazillion crappier games than Wolfenstein and it was one of the last games I expected to see in this thread. Then again, I am a definite Id fanboy so that might have something to do with it.

I had a lot of fun with Mario Paint for the SNES. That game that came with the little mouse controller, where you could make little animations and set them to music.

Turok Evolution GC
One of my favorite Gamecube game is Turok Evolution. Before playing that game I hated FPS, but now I think there OK. I thought the 4 player multiplayer was really good too.

Street Racer PS1
I dont know if this game is considered bad or not, but I think that that game is one of the most fun PS1 games.

I also really enjoyed Ford Racing 2 for PS2

Saga frontier 2 for the ps1, the graphics were incredible, it had a good story, just the battle system needed work.
I think the game was more of an aquired taste then actually crappy.

the series ended with unlimited saga, whoever brought that one i give my condolences

[quote name='n8n8baby']i am telling you....rising zan for the playstation 1. the crappiest graphics, shoddy gameplay, yet it someone manages to be a lot of fun. the dialogue is hilariously cheesy, and you have to love a game whose ratings go from hero to super ultra sexy hero. also, the theme song is not to be missed[/quote]

I picked this up for like $2.99 at EB. The game was hilarious. He's Rising Zan the Samurai Gun-man and you should learn from his super sexy combos.

Everyone seemed to think that Super Mario Sunshine was overrated and that certain things about it knocked it down a few notched. I actually love that game, FLUDD is such a cool addition... and the camera wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. It's actually right up there with MArio 64 for me.

[quote name='pumbaa']Everyone seemed to think that Super Mario Sunshine was overrated and that certain things about it knocked it down a few notched. I actually love that game, FLUDD is such a cool addition... and the camera wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be. It's actually right up there with MArio 64 for me.[/quote]

Yeah, I liked the game quite a bit, though I wasn't all that much of a fan of Mario 64.

Games that I own (and like ALOT- not love) that most other people hate are:
PS1- SW: Episode 1 Phantom Menace
PS2- Endgame
Xbox- Future Tactics: Uprising
GC: Worms 3-D
GBA- Mario Pinball Land
DC- Speed Demons

I only posted one game per system to save on space.

I *love* bad games. Nothing makes my day brighter then buying a brand new crappy game. I've played way too many to single out just one. And believe me, I'm trying to come up with one that I loved that would blow people's minds.

Hmmmmmmm...

OK, I might get banned for this but... I loved... god help me...

I LOVED SUPERMAN 64!!!

*cries*

I also loved Journey Escape for the Atari 2600. It was my favorite game in the world when I was two years old.

c_JourneyEscape_front.jpg

Also I like Robo Pit for PSX. At the time it was released it really wasn't crappy, but I still play it now.

602495.jpg

I also enjoyed the Spawn game for Dreamcast.

[quote name='killswitch64']I actually enjoyed Future Tactics on PS2.[/quote]

I didn't hate that game, either. Ever notice how the monster models look a lot like Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, which is getting tons of praise (though rightly so)?

[quote name='Rig']South Park: Chef's Love Shack
I have a blast playing this with my friends...[/quote]

It's decent to play with gaming noobs. I like the DC version, cuz they read all the questions aloud. It sucks that you can buzz in at any time, though.

Some of mine are probably more unknown than "crappy" but they still got subpar reviews:

Everblue 2 - the first-person deep-sea salvaging RPG by Capcom for PS2! 59% average score (my score in GI: 8.75)

Space Griffon VF9 - first person mech game with good story by Atlus for PSone (long box)

Slam City w/Scottie Pippen - awful FMV basketball game for Sega CD. Scottie is the worst. rapper. ever.

BMX XXX - not as good as Aggressive Inline, but it's still a decent extreme game that got bagged on far too harsh. 58% avg. score (my score in GI: 7.75)

bread's done
Back