Crappy Roommates

billyknoxville

CAGiversary!
This guy has only been living with me for 9 days, and It's already hard to resist the urge to punch him in the face.

He leaves the lights on all over the place, sometimes over night. Meanwhile we split the electricity bill. He leaves food in the sink(Gross!), and does not follow the damn trash can rule (The one who tops it off, drops it off). Is it so hard for a fucking 21 year old to pick up after him self and turn off the lights once you leave a room.

Discuss crappy roomates, and the horror it may bring.

PS: This was my friend from school, but ever since he moved in, his is the most anti-social person ever.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you guys are friends, punch him in the face, then buy him a beer. You'll both feel better.[/QUOTE]

I concur.

What are you, gay? Hate your roomate for man-reasons. Like mine...stoled my money, didn't pay rent, killed my hamster...so I changed the locks on the door and threw his crap on the lawn while he was at work one day.

...he was a friend from high school, too.

One of my old room-mates once tossed a slimfast in the garbage can that didn't have a trash bag... then I asked her to clean it up and she just stuck a trash bag on top of the ickyness without ever cleaning it up. I didn't notice until I went to take the trash out and the bag was stuck to the trash can. I ended up ripping the bag and having to clean up all the trash. She was my bestfriends girlfriend at the time, so I couldn't do shit.

[quote name='billyknoxville']This guy has only been living with me for 9 days, and It's already hard to resist the urge to punch him in the face.

He leaves the lights on all over the place, sometimes over night. Meanwhile we split the electricity bill. He leaves food in the sink(Gross!), and does not follow the damn trash can rule (The one who tops it off, drops it off). Is it so hard for a fucking 21 year old to pick up after him self and turn off the lights once you leave a room.

Discuss crappy roomates, and the horror it may bring.

PS: This was my friend from school, but ever since he moved in, his is the most anti-social person ever.[/QUOTE]
I feel your pain. Sounds like the two homos I was living with back up at UF and I do literally mean homos. Never again will I do roommate matching. I eventually just stopped talking to both of them but because they were best gay pals and because of their Asian fetish decided to change our apartment to look like a fucking chinese restaurant. It also created some awkard situations when we would have confrontations and it was 2 vs 1 (I stopped taking the garbage out for like 2 months to spite them). Everything you mentioned in OP is very familiar; the only advice I can give is to wait it out and leave after your lease expries and move somewhere else.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']If you guys are friends, punch him in the face, then buy him a beer. You'll both feel better.[/QUOTE]

He just turned 21, and I recently found out he has no intention of drinking. I wish I found all this out before he moved in. He's turning out to be such a fizzle.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe this will make you feel better-- I used to have a crazy ass roommate-- his schedule-- go to bed at 5 or 6 AM after he finished his homework and dropped it in his teachers mail box...slept through class until 5 PM, woke up, went and drank with some of our friends(usually just funneling to get a quick rush) and ate some junk food.

then around 12, he'd start snorting adderall or ritalin and do his homework, turn it in, go to sleep, repeat. on the weekends he'd get drunk all day and end up walking around in a daze(with a beer or puke stain on his shirt) mumbling to himself about how hot some girl was. We lived in a dorm room, so I basically didn't sleep for the semester...

last time I saw him, he had just graduated college and had a little lip balm thing full of coke that he snorted from about 5 times in the half hour that I was talking to him.
I'm pretty sure he's the most screwed up person I know...

Oh buddy.

On a few occasions, when one of my former roomates and his people drunk, they'd start throwing Knives at the walls in the middle of the night. One wall in particular. Tore it up real good. I actually cut a deal under the table with the management to get out of there. One night they threw a few into my very bedroom door and scared the crap out of me.

Also, some of his friends stole 2 games from me, back when I had them in the living room (Budokai 2 and FFX-2, back when they were pretty new) and he never paid me back even though he said he would.

[quote name='Methane']What are you, gay? Hate your roomate for man-reasons. Like mine...stoled my money, didn't pay rent, killed my hamster...so I changed the locks on the door and threw his crap on the lawn while he was at work one day.

...he was a friend from high school, too.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I moved into with a guy who had a poster around school. He seemed cool.

Next morning, he takes a Kareoke machine into the bathroom, and sings George Micheal and the 'Barbie Girl' song real loud at 7:30 AM. This goes one for a week or two before I ask, "What's up with the Kareoke in the shower?" No reply.

Now he takes twice as long in the shower. One full hour? Have you ever tried to hold a turd in, while your roomate is singing Abba songs in the shower? I think not.

While I lived there, the living room was full of his kitchen things (bags or rice, ketchup packs, etc) that should have gone in thew cabinets.

Sometimes he would come into my room and turn off my computer, saying it was 'taking up too much power'.

One day I came home from work early. He was practicing a 'dance routine' with what looked to be two high school girls.

I moved after that.

[quote name='rallen']
He was practicing a 'dance routine' with what looked to be two high school girls.
[/QUOTE]

Now, I dont think he can be blamed for just this by itself though.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Now, I dont think he can be blamed for just this by itself though.[/QUOTE]

I tried racking my brain for any explanation that could excuse this in my own mind and allow me to keep on living there.....can't think of one :lol:

my old roomates broke the lease a month early and only told me a week before i had to get out...

....yeah

my best friend and i just moved in together, hopefully it works out better.

[quote name='rallen']Did I mention they were two ugly, flat-chested, boyish high school girls?[/QUOTE]

the olsen twins? that guy sounds like a real weirdo...barbara streisand karaoke in the morning...yikes

[quote name='rallen'] He was practicing a 'dance routine' with what looked to be two high school girls.

I moved after that.[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't hold a grudge just because he found a better "dance" partner. :)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']And this is why i'm hoping I don't get a roommate.[/QUOTE]

Just pray for the quiet, respectful, catholic clean guy who keeps to himself and studies.

[quote name='Apossum']Just pray for the quiet, respectful, catholic clean guy who keeps to himself and studies.[/QUOTE]

That would be worse. I'm a strong strong atheist. Catholics and I don't mesh at all.

but if he keeps to himself, it doesnt matter what he is though, you know. I lived with a Catholic and we just never talked. You can get a long with pretty much anyone on the grounds that you never have to interact.

I don't have an apartment yet but Berkeley is horrible when it comes to pairing people up for dorms. Most of the other UCs ask a lot of questions to try to pair up people who have a good chance of getting along; at Berkeley, they ask what approximately what time you go to bed (before 10, between 10 and 1, after 1) and whether you listen to music while you study. Last semester, my friend ended up getting an apartment and moving out of her dorm early because her roommate stole stuff from her (talking with the RA made the situation worse), never took out the trash, etc. My roommates would decide to clean my little corner of the room (I usually had like boxes of games piled up because the room was so small I didn't really have any place to put them) and sometimes, I would kinda leave things out because I was late for class planning to clean up after I get back...but I would get back to see that it has already been "cleaned" for me, with a bunch of my stuff in the trash, my cds/games/dvds/whatever the heck I had left out all scratched up and thrown into a "neat" pile, etc. Whenever I brought it up with them, they said that it made them feel "uncomfortable" if the room wasn't clean and neat. At the end, we got into so many fights that one of my roommates kicked my slim PS2 and it kinda flew. She wouldn't pay for it either; her family's rich but she doesn't work and gets money from her parents. She said she couldn't get the money from her parents for that reason and besides, I'm "richer" than her since she had to depend on her parents for spending money and tuition while I'm independent and have my own job. And people wonder why we never talk to each other nowadays, hehe

I'm so happy I'm staying at home while attending NYIT. It makes life so much easier. Plus with my brother off to florida, and my mom working in manhattan...

YAY!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That would be worse. I'm a strong strong atheist. Catholics and I don't mesh at all.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're very special. Better to have a crack addicted serial rapist for a roomate than someone who says God bless you. Yah, don't want that, damned converting freaks, leave me sneeze in quiet!

[quote name='BLarR']Yes, you're very special. Better to have a crack addicted serial rapist for a roomate than someone who says God bless you. Yah, don't want that, damned converting freaks, leave me sneeze in quiet![/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl:
and yes i did rofl twice.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']That would be worse. I'm a strong strong atheist. Catholics and I don't mesh at all.[/QUOTE]

a strong atheist would be able to handle someone elses beliefs ;-)....but that's beside the point--- you wouldn't ever have to talk to this guy! and when you do, he's polite, responds to orders and offers to pay for pizza. :lol:

there really is no perfect situation...and there's no such thing as a cool open minded, reciprocating roommate. they just don't exist.

Throughout my five years in college, I had the worst and best roommates. One time I was living with 3 other guys and we had a townhouse (2 floors, 4 bedrooms). Apparently I had to take the bedroom downstairs and those three took the bedroom upstairs. My bedroom was in the living room and my roommates would stay up till 2 am in the morning chatting and laughing away in the living room (right next to my bedroom). They fuking pissed me off, so I cussed them out. One of them was my best friend from middle school. I moved out after a quarter living with them. I found someone to take over my lease and I just sublease my room. Some friends you can only be friends with them, you just can't live with them.

[quote name='Apossum']a strong atheist would be able to handle someone elses beliefs ;-)....but that's beside the point--- you wouldn't ever have to talk to this guy! and when you do, he's polite, responds to orders and offers to pay for pizza. :lol:

there really is no perfect situation...and there's no such thing as a cool open minded, reciprocating roommate. they just don't exist.[/QUOTE]

Its not that I couldn't handle him, it's that I'm a really vulgar,a nd evil person. A strong catholic won't like me listening to Cradle of filth at 4 AM while laughing hysterically at dead baby jokes.

I used to live in GA, Lafayette Georgia that is... And me and my gf were looking for a roomate. We found another couple. They seemed nice at first so we let them move in. TURNs out the guy was the head of the KKK and his wife was as screwed up as a fruit loop that thinks its a pretzel. Ok so anyways. This guy not only was in the KKK and so was she, but he also thought he was a re-incarnated version of himself from 10,000 years ago and his arch nemesis who killed him 10,000 years ago wa walkin around another world somewhere and he had to find a portal to get to this galaxy to kill off this guy so he can transform back into his former self and regain peace with his homeworld. Yeah he was discharged from our United Sates Army 2 years prior for insanity... I am not even kidding...

My roommate kicks ass. He likes the same stuff as me, has tons of cool toys (HD digital projector, upright arcade cabinet, etc.), and is an all around nice guy.

P.S. He also rocks at Halo and is a mod at mlg.

I've had many roommates throughout college, and as a result I've had a few that I didn't like. I don't know your situation, as I've never lived with less than 3 people. Generally speaking it's best to handle these situations as soon as possible.

I'd talk to him about all the things that he's doing to upset you. There may even be some things you're doing (without knowing) too.

That way you can fix the problems immediately and not have it lead to one big blow up one random night after you've been drinking too much. Then you go to kick his ass, but your girlfriend stops you, meanwhile he starts up again and you've calmed down, so then your other roommate has to step in and hold him down, only to slam him into the wall after he starts mouthing off to your other roommate's girlfriend... trust me you don't want that.

[quote name='valor19']My roommate kicks ass. He likes the same stuff as me, has tons of cool toys (HD digital projector, upright arcade cabinet, etc.), and is an all around nice guy.

P.S. He also rocks at Halo and is a mod at mlg.[/QUOTE] this thread is about crappy roomates... Not roomates I hope to buttfuck someday

[quote name='NesHavok']I used to live in GA, Lafayette Georgia that is... And me and my gf were looking for a roomate. We found another couple. They seemed nice at first so we let them move in. TURNs out the guy was the head of the KKK and his wife was as screwed up as a fruit loop that thinks its a pretzel. Ok so anyways. This guy not only was in the KKK and so was she, but he also thought he was a re-incarnated version of himself from 10,000 years ago and his arch nemesis who killed him 10,000 years ago wa walkin around another world somewhere and he had to find a portal to get to this galaxy to kill off this guy so he can transform back into his former self and regain peace with his homeworld. Yeah he was discharged from our United Sates Army 2 years prior for insanity... I am not even kidding...[/QUOTE]

LoL. You seem to pick your roommates really well. I usually filter those people out.
Must of been an adventure living with a person from 10,000 years ago.

[quote name='NesHavok']this thread is about crappy roomates... Not roomates I hope to buttfuck someday[/QUOTE]

Actually, I thought this thread was just about the OP's roommate. I was just showing that you can have good roommates. I do appreciate your mature input though.

:bomb: I had a roommate who didn't pay rent for 2 months, when I told her she needed to move out, that I had to find a new roommate, she called a psychic line that wracked up $ 400 on my phone bill....In total owing me over a thousand dollars:bomb:

best of luck

[quote name='beguile']LoL. You seem to pick your roommates really well. I usually filter those people out.
Must of been an adventure living with a person from 10,000 years ago.[/QUOTE]
it was so embarrassing, oneday we went to the flea market and there was an old fat man selling carved tree branches walkign sticks that were made to look like wizzard staffs!!! hehe oh, nd guess what happened when this dumbass saw them. He started flying of his rocket accusing the man of being some kind of scumlord. He said he shouldn't own this many staffs and that if he didn't know what they were he was lying. And that they have secret powers and he had been looking for his old one he used to own 10,000 years ago, blah blah blah...

[quote name='valor19']Actually, I thought this thread was just about the OP's roommate. I was just showing that you can have good roommates. I do appreciate your mature input though.[/QUOTE] well i thought it would get a laugh...:lol:

[quote name='Hot Donna']:bomb: I had a roommate who didn't pay rent for 2 months, when I told her she needed to move out, that I had to find a new roommate, she called a psychic line that wracked up $ 400 on my phone bill....In total owing me over a thousand dollars:bomb:

best of luck[/QUOTE] yep that's what every room mate i've ever had did when I told them to move out... They either skipped rent, stole my shit, or did both, oh and this 1 chick trashed her bedroom with garbage b4 dhe left... very mature!!!

Three of my good friends and I rented a house a few years ago. We made our ground rules before moving in. We had a few simple rules: 1. No Smoking in the living room (stupid rule not my idea but all 4 of us are/were smokers). 2. Pay all bills on time. 3. Clean up after one self. 4. No girlfriends moving in with us.
First rule was broken about 2 weeks after we moved in. Not a big deal but why make a stupid rule if it is just going to be broken. Second rule we were all good about. Third rule I will just say I was always bitching for my mates to help clean.

Forth rule was blown out of the water. The bitch never went home. It started out her just staying all weekend every weekend, not a bid deal I was busy on the weekends doing my own thing. My girlfriend was going to college out of town (around 100+ miles away) so I would go see her on weekends or some times she would stay the weekend with me. Soon she was staying 4 nights a week, then 6 1/2 days a week. I started to get pissed. I talked to my roommate about it and he said well you have your woman stay with you on weekends. I said yes 1-2 weekends a month 2-4 nights every 30 days. Your woman stays over 28 out of 30 days a month, takes showers here every day, does her fucking laundry using my soap. It needs to stop. Pussy whiped pansy did nothing about it. Well it just got worse. I never liked the bitch in the first place but now she is costing me money. I would get off of work early some days and she would be watching TV on my fucking couch alone. I would tell her to leave and she told me that her boyfriend was on his way to meet her. He would show up 2 hours later.

To live in a small house with 4 guys and a freeloader it was way to crowded. Every way I would look I would see her ugly face. Two of us mates hated this bitch but all we could do was wait it out because she refused to leave and pay. I was out as soon as the lease was up.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Its not that I couldn't handle him, it's that I'm a really vulgar,a nd evil person. A strong catholic won't like me listening to Cradle of filth at 4 AM while laughing hysterically at dead baby jokes.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, gotcha. unfortunately, that wouldn't fly with anyone. dealing with noise is always sucks.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']

That way you can fix the problems immediately and not have it lead to one big blow up one random night after you've been drinking too much. Then you go to kick his ass, but your girlfriend stops you, meanwhile he starts up again and you've calmed down, so then your other roommate has to step in and hold him down, only to slam him into the wall after he starts mouthing off to your other roommate's girlfriend... trust me you don't want that.[/QUOTE]

haha you seem to talk with experience. ;)

UPDATE: We had a house meeting today, just to lay out some ground rules. Most pertaining to the roommate in question, but halfway into it, he mumbled "Well. I'm moving out." So that was it!

We did not sign a lease, as it was a month by month basis, but I figured we're better off trying to find another roommate then be stuck with an already proven bad one. Gaining and losing a roommate in 9 days, I think that's a pretty good record. I guess so much for being friends.

PS: I tried to make peace with him, but he wasn't having it, cest la vie.

sorry to hear that it had to end on a weird note, but people who can't compromise or comprehend that they aren't living at their parents place anymore need to get smacked around.

[quote name='spoo']Three of my good friends and I rented a house a few years ago. We made our ground rules before moving in. We had a few simple rules: 1. No Smoking in the living room (stupid rule not my idea but all 4 of us are/were smokers). 2. Pay all bills on time. 3. Clean up after one self. 4. No girlfriends moving in with us.
First rule was broken about 2 weeks after we moved in. Not a big deal but why make a stupid rule if it is just going to be broken. Second rule we were all good about. Third rule I will just say I was always bitching for my mates to help clean.

Forth rule was blown out of the water. The bitch never went home. It started out her just staying all weekend every weekend, not a bid deal I was busy on the weekends doing my own thing. My girlfriend was going to college out of town (around 100+ miles away) so I would go see her on weekends or some times she would stay the weekend with me. Soon she was staying 4 nights a week, then 6 1/2 days a week. I started to get pissed. I talked to my roommate about it and he said well you have your woman stay with you on weekends. I said yes 1-2 weekends a month 2-4 nights every 30 days. Your woman stays over 28 out of 30 days a month, takes showers here every day, does her fucking laundry using my soap. It needs to stop. Pussy whiped pansy did nothing about it. Well it just got worse. I never liked the bitch in the first place but now she is costing me money. I would get off of work early some days and she would be watching TV on my fucking couch alone. I would tell her to leave and she told me that her boyfriend was on his way to meet her. He would show up 2 hours later.

To live in a small house with 4 guys and a freeloader it was way to crowded. Every way I would look I would see her ugly face. Two of us mates hated this bitch but all we could do was wait it out because she refused to leave and pay. I was out as soon as the lease was up.[/QUOTE]

God, I fucking hate freeloaders. Glad you got your ass out.

[quote name='Methane']What are you, gay? Hate your roomate for man-reasons. Like mine...stoled my money, didn't pay rent, killed my hamster...so I changed the locks on the door and threw his crap on the lawn while he was at work one day.

...he was a friend from high school, too.[/QUOTE]
wow, living with banky sounds pretty sweet

[quote name='punqsux']wow, living with banky sounds pretty sweet[/QUOTE]

I didn't know him in High School...besides, he lives like a million miles away from me...ya dogdamn pirate.

bread's done
Back