Crappy Stylus?

johnnypark

CAGiversary!
Feedback
57 (100%)
I've been using the same stylus since I got my DS Lite almost a year ago. I've noticed the touch screen isn't as responsive as it could be with certain games, and the spinning wheels in Elite Beat Agents and Diddy Kong Racing are murder.

Well, I recently started Trauma Center, and a FAQ I read suggested using 2 styli to have quicker access to all the functions. So, I got the spare that came with my DS and it's incredibly smooth, no friction and completely responsive.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or for that matter, used a 3rd-party stylus and noticed a significant difference in gameplay?

Nope, they always feel the same for the most part.

Perhaps the first one you were using was defective? It could of been something like a small piece of plastic at the tip that was creating that friction, you never know.

I've never used a 3rd party stylus and it seems like the stylus that came with my lite is as good as ever.

The stylus on my old DS was a little weird towards the end now that I think about it, though. I think I may have messed up some of the plastic on the end.

The only game Ive ever had stylus control issues with is Puzzle Quest, and then only on the map screen. But I just assumed it was because PQ is one of the buggiest games ever (still awesome tho!)

[quote name='Puffa469']The only game Ive ever had stylus control issues with is Puzzle Quest, and then only on the map screen. But I just assumed it was because PQ is one of the buggiest games ever (still awesome tho!)[/QUOTE]
I dont have that problem at all.

Jeeze it's time to eat something. I only clicked on the topic because I honestly thought it said "Crabby Sluts"
:whistle2:s

But on the ACTUAL topic of crappy stylus'...I actually like the DSL stylus better, and I haven't used a 3rd party stylus. Too afraid :(

Like others, the official stylus that came with my DSL is as good as when I first got it, but I noticed that 3rd party ones aren't as responsive.

I dont know how a piece of object can make it unresponsive. Its like taking your fingernail/finger and touching the scree. It acts as a stylus as well. You can take a pencil eraser and it will do the same thing as a stylus.

I have had the same problem. They do wear out. I have a new one the size of a pen, which is retractable, and it is smooth as hell. If you have a screen protector, it may be time to change that as well, those will definitely make a difference.

[quote name='net2']I have had the same problem. They do wear out. I have a new one the size of a pen, which is retractable, and it is smooth as hell. If you have a screen protector, it may be time to change that as well, those will definitely make a difference.[/QUOTE]
Then maybe its the old screen protector that is making it not responsive. It could be the scratches affecting the location of where you touch.

I noticed if you drop a DS lite stylus and it lands on the tip (on something flat and hard), it makes a small flat spot on the stylus tip, and that drags on the screen and drives me nuts...i threw it out and bought another one

careful too, this can scratch it!

bread's done
Back