Crayon Physics Deluxe pay what you want birthday sale.

If Paypal fees aren't changed for things like this, send $0.32 if you actually want to give 1 cent to the developers.

[quote name='Filbert']I thought there weren't any Paypal fees on donations.

(edit)I gave them a dollar.[/QUOTE]

This is a sale and not a donation though.

[quote name='the_punisher']Giving them $.01 costs them money, gave them $1.17[/QUOTE]

No, giving one cent means PayPal gets 1 cent, devs get nothing. The fee structure is 30 cents + 2.9% of the gross payment. i.e. if you donate $1, PayPal gets 33 cents, devs get 67 cents.

[quote name='Hostile']This is a sale and not a donation though.[/QUOTE]

When I went through checkout, it said 'thank you for your donation', so perhaps this dev set this up as a donation....

"We can only assume that it was related to our publicizing that the most common price point chosen was $0.01 and raising people’s awareness to the fact that we don’t see any money for purchases of $0.30 and under." -- 2D Boy, creators of World of Goo SOURCE

I believe a donation to charity is different from a donation to a company or person.

I've wanted this for awhile but it's been overpriced.

EDIT: Wow, their servers suck. 1 hour to d/l a 30meg file?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered it originally, and bought from Steam as well. Love indie developers, so I donated $Pi as an additional funding of greatness.

remember if you're gonna donate under 32 cent, donate 1 cent at most because ebay will get all of it and the developer gets nothing. So a 25 cent donation would be a waste.

[quote name='SEH']I feel bad, but they just got my penny.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dissolve']I just made them a penny richer.[/QUOTE]

Cheap Ass Gamer

x2

Go donate again & have a nice day. ;)

They email you links to the game... but this doesn't help.

"The server at www.crayonphysics.com is taking too long to respond."

Hmmm, guess I will wait it out to get my game. If not I will resort to other means of getting it since my $3 paypal transaction went through.

damn I bought it for $10 during the steam holiday sale. Great game though. Tons of different levels and the music is really relaxing.

anyone know how long your secret link stays active for? I need to get to bed and my download says it's going to be an hour and 15 minutes... ugh!

bread's done
Back