CRAZY thing that happened to me today...

41down

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
so...on my way driving to work this afternoon, while stopped at a stop sign, i saw this router box laying in the road. i thought it was just an empty box but after looking again i saw it was wrapped in plastic. i ran out of my car and grabbed it. whaddaya know, brand new netgear wireless router sealed in the plastic. after coming home from work and doing some research i see it retails for almost $100. seriously, what are the chances of something like this happening?

41101405.jpg

some poor sap probably bought it and placed it on top of their car while pulling their keys out and forgot it up there.

Good find!

nope no receipt..its $96 on amazon.

i feel bad for whoever lost it too, but lets be honest... if i wouldnt have grabbed it, it would have either been ran over or taken by someone else. if i had a way of giving it back to it's rightful owner then i would definitely do the right thing...but i dont.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='41down'] seriously, what are the chances of something like this happening?
[/QUOTE]

to determine that, you'd have to find out how many were manufactured, the total surface area of the earth, and how many times you drive by that particular stop sign

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Good find OP, lol.

Is it the wndr3700? If it is, it's supposed to be a pretty router[/QUOTE]
It's not a 3700. I have one of those, and while it's similar, it's not that. And yes, the 3700 is pretty. Also a really awesome router.

[quote name='ninja dog']to determine that, you'd have to find out how many were manufactured, the total surface area of the earth, and how many times you drive by that particular stop sign[/QUOTE]

A mathematical model for this situation would require a much larger number of variables than the three you listed.

Try opening up the router and look for drugs or money inside. If so, it was some sort of money/drug drop and you stumbled across it. Expect for people to come after you now.

[quote name='blindinglights']A mathematical model for this situation would require a much larger number of variables than the three you listed.[/QUOTE]

yeah but

bread's done
Back