Creat Studios/TikGames' "End of Summer Sale Spectacular" for PSN - 8/31 to 9/14

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
I just got a press release about a new sale that begins with this week's PSN update for all of Creat Studios and TikGames' PSN games and DLC.

Games:
Cuboid - $5.99
Digger HD - $5.99 *
Hamsterball - $5.99 *
Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos - $5.99
Magic Orbz - $5.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - $5.99
Mushroom Wars - $5.99 *
Smash Cars - $8.99 *
Wakeboarding HD - $8.99 *

* - Has a demo if you want to try it out first

DLC:
Cuboid - Booster Pack - $0.99
Cuboid - Level Editor - $0.99
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack - $0.99
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack - $0.99
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack - $0.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack - $0.99
Smash Cars - Virus Run - $0.99

The DLC isn't on sale like the press release said it would, so this is just for the games.

I'm omitting the bundle pack for Cuboid since I'm going to guess that it'll be exempt from the sale. I'll add it back in if it is a part of the sale. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say that the sales for the PSN games will also cause their PS+ sale prices to drop for the next two weeks.

If you don't know when PSN updates happen, they usually update around 7 PM EST on Tuesday, so don't expect this stuff to be on sale until then.

If you would like recommendations, I'd suggest Digger HD if you like Dig Dug and want a fun remake of an old PC Dig Dug clone. Magic Orbz is an interesting take on Breakout with 3D levels and physics. Mushroom Wars is a fun Galcon-style strategy game that is sort of a simplified RTS. Stay far away from Interpol, as it's a picture search game with poor SD images.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree with your recommendations from the sale. I picked up most of these when they ran a similar sale a couple of months ago. Strangely, the discount is only 40% off this time instead of the previous 50%. Seems a bit stingy not to just match the previous sale.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I've always wondered about Cuboid; any good?[/QUOTE]
If you are intrigued by what you know, then you'll enjoy it. Nothing amazing, but worthwhile. Can be completed 100% in about 5-6 hours if you are good at solving puzzles. Note that you won't be able to get 100% of trophies unless you also buy the Professional levels pack and the level editor. I enjoyed the standard Beginner/Expert difficulties that are in the main game, but after finishing them I had no desire to pay extra money for Expert level stages (who knows how hard they might be...) and I never had any interest in creating my own levels but there are trophies tied to that too, just like LittleBigPlanet. However, that was when the add-on levels were $7.99 and the Level Editor was $3.99. For 99 cents each I might go back and complete my 100%...

If you have played the demo of recently-released Voodoo Dice, Cuboid is similar but not as complex, and actually a tad better of a game than VD.

Also I can recommend Mushroom Wars, awesome game. Try the demo!

Stay away from Interpol.

Definitely in for the Magic Orbz add-on's. I didn't think those would ever go on sale. There isn't a way to buy PSN content from a PC is there?

And of course remember all that DLC is "free" if you're a PSN Plus member. Might make it worth the $50 leap for some people.

oh good. I picked up Cuboid for $2 more the first week of PlayStation Plus. Regretting that decision more and more every day.

For some reason the DLC for Magic Ball does not show up on sale in the US PSN Store for me. Anyone else not seeing the .99 cent prices them?

[quote name='onimushadavis']No .99 cent Magic Orbz DLC for me either, was kind of looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]
Same. OP, do you have a link for the sale?

I checked out the magic orbz dlc packs last night and saw they weren't 99 cents as well. Shame cuz i was all ready to buy them too. I hope they change it.

bread's done
Back