Creatine Recommendations?

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Im looking into starting to take take creatine. I was checking out gnc and they had this big thing but it was like 59.99. Dont know if its worth it or not.

Anyone on here take it? Can you recommend a good one?

I was looking on ebay and they seem to have good price.

http://search.ebay.com/creatine_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Im not sure which ones are good as i see some powder, some capsule and even one liquid.

thanks

I almost started taking it, but my personal trainer really dissuaded me. He said people still don't know the long-term effects it could have on you, and to just eat lots of chicken and boiled eggs instead.

yea i know about the chicken=protein...usually when i following a strict diet tahts all i will eat..

im just looking for a boost of sorts...

I took it for about 3 months. I was lifting regularly and it helped me gain strength, however, I couldn't run very far because my calves would tighten up. I asked my doctor about it and then promptly quit because he confirmed that nobody really knows the long term effects. Suspected side effects are liver and kidney damage, which you really don't want to fool around with.

I took it myself for about 4 months, but stopped when I started gaining a lot of weight. Have you checked your local vitamin world? They sell a huge container for under $20 regularly.

My uncle used to bodybuild back in the 70's. He would eat egg whites and steak all day long and like 30 glasses of water.

If I remember right it was like 6 egg whites with dinner. I don't remember what he ate the rest of the day though. Everytime he wanted a snack he had egg whites already cooked and would eat them cold. I would say 40-50 egg whites a day sounds about what he ate. The bottom line though is you are only going to get so big. You can never beat genetics. However you can modify genetics i.e egg whites and supplements. I wouldn't take supplements. It's not worth it in the long run. go the natural route.

I tried creatine several years ago when I was looking to get past a plateau - it sure did help. I added about 100lbs to my bench press in a few short weeks but after a while I noticed I was only getting stronger and losing a bit of definition. I didn't want to be a meathead so I stopped. It definitely works though it just wasn't for me.

[quote name='javeryh']I tried creatine several years ago when I was looking to get past a plateau - it sure did help. I added about 100lbs to my bench press in a few short weeks but after a while I noticed I was only getting stronger and losing a bit of definition. I didn't want to be a meathead so I stopped. It definitely works though it just wasn't for me.[/QUOTE]

Thats not bad...Which one did you take?

I took the generic GNC brand but this is about 3 years ago so I don't think they carry the exact same kind but you should be OK with what they've got. It was a white flavorless powder that you could mix in a drink or whatever. I hated the taste so I just put a dry scoop in my mouth and chased it with water - it was gross but over in 10 seconds.

kool...does anyone know about the liquid creatine?

I saw it one that ebay page as well....I thought i read in the article that the powder has the most supposed side effects or w.e

i have used creatine for a long time on and off and moved on to other supplements but usually creatine works best. and you should also try bodybuilding.com they got great prices

[quote name='wicked189']i have used creatine for a long time on and off and moved on to other supplements but usually creatine works best. and you should also try bodybuilding.com they got great prices[/QUOTE]

thanks ill check them out

bread's done
Back