Creative Zen Nomad 30Gb mp3 player at walmart

anybody got one of these? is it a hassle to transfer mp3's to the player?

also, someone spoke on here awhile ago about an mp3 player that works just like a USB jumpdrive, by the fact that you just plug it into the USB drive and drag the songs to the player. any idea what player this was? tia.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...5268-5881411?v=glance&s=electronics&n=1195892

Check out the review on Amazon Sounds Pretty good. And I Believe virtually all Mp3 players connect through the USB port (Via Compatible Cable). This 1 does have transfer for FIles as well. Heres the Descrip on Amazon...(Simply open NOMAD Explorer (integrated into Microsoft Windows Explorer) and drag and drop data files into the data folder or music files into the music library). I Still find it hard to believe a 30Gb Mp3 player is going for this Price. Makes me kinda wish I hadnt bought my Iriver H320 $266.............Naaaaa I love my Iriver.

Oh Yeah I find this to be a Big Plus as Well (-Removable, high-capacity Li-ion battery -- up to 14 hrs continuous playback per charge)
Always good to be able to Remove the batteryand Replace it.

[quote name='Xenomorph']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002BRMNA/qid=1107382781/br=1-2/ref=br_lf_etk_ce_av__2//103-8405268-5881411?v=glance&s=electronics&n=1195892

Check out the review on Amazon Sounds Pretty good. And I Believe virtually all Mp3 players connect through the USB port (Via Compatible Cable). This 1 does have transfer for FIles as well. Heres the Descrip on Amazon...(Simply open NOMAD Explorer (integrated into Microsoft Windows Explorer) and drag and drop data files into the data folder or music files into the music library). I Still find it hard to believe a 30Gb Mp3 player is going for this Price. Makes me kinda wish I hadnt bought my Iriver H320 $266.............Naaaaa I love my Iriver.[/quote]

hell yea man! Irivers beat all!!!

[quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='Xenomorph']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002BRMNA/qid=1107382781/br=1-2/ref=br_lf_etk_ce_av__2//103-8405268-5881411?v=glance&s=electronics&n=1195892

Check out the review on Amazon Sounds Pretty good. And I Believe virtually all Mp3 players connect through the USB port (Via Compatible Cable). This 1 does have transfer for FIles as well. Heres the Descrip on Amazon...(Simply open NOMAD Explorer (integrated into Microsoft Windows Explorer) and drag and drop data files into the data folder or music files into the music library). I Still find it hard to believe a 30Gb Mp3 player is going for this Price. Makes me kinda wish I hadnt bought my Iriver H320 $266.............Naaaaa I love my Iriver.[/quote]

hell yea man! Irivers beat all!!![/quote]

I didnt know anything about Irivers. I just needed an Mp3 player and with $100 in Gift certificates From Bb I figured, Sure Why Not. It turned out Better than I thought. The thing is Awesome!!

[quote name='BasketCase1080'][quote name='Xenomorph']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002BRMNA/qid=1107382781/br=1-2/ref=br_lf_etk_ce_av__2//103-8405268-5881411?v=glance&s=electronics&n=1195892

hell yea man! Irivers beat all!!![/quote]

I got my h320 for that price and I love it.

The only downside with the Nomad is that you must use the Creative software to transfer both music and files (unike the ipod and others, which windows recognizes as a removable hard disk). That and it's a little too big for my tastes. Other than that it's a great player, does everything a 4g ipod does, nearly as well.

[quote name='RaekwonThaChef']The only downside with the Nomad is that you must use the Creative software to transfer both music and files (unike the ipod and others, which windows recognizes as a removable hard disk). That and it's a little too big for my tastes. Other than that it's a great player, does everything a 4g ipod does, nearly as well.[/quote]

this is not true, windows does recognize Nomads as removable hard disks

I have one and absolutely love it. I find that the software that is included is very good and I havent had any problems hardware or software wise.

so you just plug it in and drag and drop it?

also, for those who have the iRiver...what does it feature that this doesnt?

i always like asking people who actually own things before i buy them.

i have a question for u folks. i have not gotten into the whole i-pod, mp3 thing b/c i buy a lot of cds, i mean a lot of cds. i buy them when they drop on tues and i buy mix cds from djs or street vendors (NYC). is it easy to rip the songs from cds to your player? i will always buy cds, it wld be nice if i cld have plenty of music w/o having to travel w/ multiple cds

[quote name='Bivensra']i have a question for u folks. i have not gotten into the whole i-pod, mp3 thing b/c i buy a lot of cds, i mean a lot of cds. i buy them when they drop on tues and i buy mix cds from djs or street vendors (NYC). is it easy to rip the songs from cds to your player? i will always buy cds, it wld be nice if i cld have plenty of music w/o having to travel w/ multiple cds[/quote]

Many programs are available to rip CD's. I use WinAmp personally. I just pop the CD in and hit "Rip". It's easy to do, but a bit time consuming, estimating 15 minutes a CD.

I've had a Zen Xtra for a little over two months now. Thing kicks ass, delivers excellent sound, easy to use. Being able to replace the battery is also awesome, as opposed to players that don't allow that, or at least not so easily.

bread's done
Back