Credit Card Reward Deals?

Kyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm looking to sign up for a new credit card that has an excellent rewards and travel program. I'm open to any suggestions, as long as the card doesn't have an annual fee (APR doesn't matter no me, I pay bill in full each month).

So far, the only one that piqued my interest is Amex Blue. Any other suggestions?

I suggest the chase freedom for up to 3% back.

Also Chase sapphire offers 1% back but does give me $250 for signing up.

Blue only really works well if you spend over $10000 a year because they have a tiered system for rewards. I prefer the Bank of america AMEX Cash rewards card which gives a flat 1.25% on all purchases.

Macy's. Not really useful unless you like to shop there, but it's highly recommended as a credit builder on the FICO Forums. They used to give out credit line increases every 3 months, now it's 6. Since it's a store specific card, it shows up as a different type of account on your credit report ("charge account" instead of "credit card"). Supposedly it's easier to get approved in-store than online.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board?board.id=creditcard

[quote name='OnChkMnDS']Does anyone know one that is easy to sign up for without any credit history?[/QUOTE]

If you don't have any credit history, you really don't have too many options.

If you have a checking account in a certain bank, view what type of cards they offer.

When I had no credit, I tried applying for the Amazon credit card and others that gave around $30 for signing up, but got repeatedly rejected. Luckily I found a good credit card at my bank that instantly approved me and gives me 1% cashback on almost anything, 2% on restaurants and groceries or 4% on gas.... not bad for starters. :D

If you own or planning to get a PS3, Playstation card gives a pretty good reward: 1% on everything, 3% on Sony purchases from Sony retailer, 5% on Sonystyle store purchases. And you can turn it into giftcard, merchandise and also statement credit.

Citi ThankYou point is also good since you can use it for travel booking at Expedia and merchandise, gift card, etc. Citi has different card that gives different % back.

If you buy a lot of games or whatever on Amazon, their Chase card gives 3% back on Amazon purchases and 1% on anything else. The reward comes in Amazon gift certificate codes when you earn $25.

At one time they were offering a free $30 gift certificate when you first sign up, but I don't know if that's still going.

bread's done
Back