Credit Card Scams?

nefaquotek

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Basically I was looking at my parent's statement for the credit card. The card I use since I dont have one. My dad makes a lot of small purchases on gas stations and sometimes restaurants. So I never paid attention to the statement.

Now I see two things that no one in the family can recognize

#TLG*GREATFN
#WLI*SHOPPERDISCOUNT

I searched and found out that they are scam dealies that appear with stores like buy.com and cheap tickets.com. Here's a link...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/149/ripoff0149880.htm

So anyway, has this happened to any of you guys before? I never bought from cheaptickets.com and I never gave those 5$ return websites any of my info...

Moderators I didnt know where to post this so I placed it in here.

Thanks for your time.

Oh and if it is a scam, do you guys know anyway I could get refunded?

[quote name='nefaquotek']Basically I was looking at my parent's statement for the credit card. The card I use since I dont have one. My dad makes a lot of small purchases on gas stations and sometimes restaurants. So I never paid attention to the statement.

Now I see two things that no one in the family can recognize

#TLG*GREATFN
#WLI*SHOPPERDISCOUNT

I searched and found out that they are scam dealies that appear with stores like buy.com and cheap tickets.com. Here's a link...

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/149/ripoff0149880.htm

So anyway, has this happened to any of you guys before? I never bought from cheaptickets.com and I never gave those 5$ return websites any of my info...

Moderators I didnt know where to post this so I placed it in here.

Thanks for your time.

Oh and if it is a scam, do you guys know anyway I could get refunded?[/QUOTE]

I got hit by WLI before. Made a post about it a little while back; turns out they were sold my information by good ole EB Games. I didn't pay too much attention to my statement, so the little $9 charge each month went unnoticed for a while. Just call them up and bitch...tell them you never authorized the charges and you want a full refund. I ended up getting a $250 credit.

[quote name='PRMega']I got hit by WLI before. Made a post about it a little while back; turns out they were sold my information by good ole EB Games. I didn't pay too much attention to my statement, so the little $9 charge each month went unnoticed for a while. Just call them up and bitch...tell them you never authorized the charges and you want a full refund. I ended up getting a $250 credit.[/quote]

Gosh, that really blows. Now I dont know what to think. I buy alot online and this is crap. Ya I total 180$ worth in charges. Thanks for the info..... I will definately bitch away.

Seriously, this is why I check every statement every month. If there is one penny more than what I can account for, someone is going to hear about it.

Always read your statement, there is NO excuse not too...especially if you buy anything online.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Seriously, this is why I check every statement every month. If there is one penny more than what I can account for, someone is going to hear about it.

Always read your statement, there is NO excuse not too...especially if you buy anything online.

TBW[/quote]

I completely agree with you. The problem is that the statement is not mine, its my dad. He's a bit on the irresponsible side and when I check the statement there are alot of weird purchases for his company. I just thought it was his purchases. I guess I better start taking care of that credit card for him.

Yeah, I check my statements just about every other day. There really is no excuse not to, as you can do it online instantly.

Recently I noticed my bank charged me a NSF fee, something like $35.00 dollars when I had more than enough in the bank. I called those jackasses and they refunded it.

bread's done
Back