Cricut help

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
So my wifes birthday is coming up very soon and she really wants a Cricut (machine for scrapbooking, crafting, etc.). I really don't know much about it and they look pretty much priced the same everywhere. However, their are some Ebay listing for reconditioned ones for around $100. So does anyone here have a wife/girlfriend/friend/self that uses or has one that can help me out with any input?

I got one for my girl this past Valentine's Day. Got it from eBay from the person listed as Proudparents or something, they sell a ton of them. You can also get the cartridges from them for cheap. You're probably not going to find a better deal online or B&M. Don't buy your wife something refurbished, used, or otherwise unless she has specifically stated she's ok with that. I figure most ladies like their stuff new unless it's something like a car. Spend the extra $70-80 for a new one. It's still cheaper than if you got it from Amazon.

If/when you get it make sure you update the software/firmware, it wasn't working for custom stuff the first month or two we got it because their firmware was out of date. She could use the cartridges, but couldn't do the really creative stuff that requires the PC. Otherwise it worked fine without it. You'll probably want the little spatula to lift things off the mat as well. There are a few little things you want that aren't included. Hope that helps some.

My girlfriend got one a couple years ago on Black Friday. She loves the thing and its an easy to go gift for holidays. I usually purchase the cartridges from cricutmachine.com. They run some really good sales from time to time. They do have the machines and bundles in the site but I don't know how the prices compare to ebay and what you want to pay but I recommend them for cartridges and accessories. Sign up for the emails to be made aware of deals (but they do tend to send a lot)

bread's done
Back