Crimson Skies/MechAssault/WDL Tankz

Darkfire001

CAGiversary!
Anyone else wish we could get some more "mechanized" warfare type games back on the Xbox 360?

I thought Crimson Skies was a great game and Mech Assault was incredible as well. They were not only fun online, but had pretty solid single player storylines, and were chock full of features like split screen/system link/download able content.

I know Mech Assault did very well on the console and I thought I had rumors of a sequel but it seems like nothing is even in the pipeline. Strange since I think it would be a great title in 2008.

Even if "glory" titles like Crimson Skies/Mech Assault don't get released, I'd at least like to see something in the strain of "battletanx" like WDL Tankz get released. Just something thats run & gun but with Tanks/Vehicles, split screen, and system link. Something anyone can jump into and have a fun time with :)

I would love to see a sequel to crimson skies. One addition I would like to see would be a "free play" area where you could set up to raid bases or fight off waves of aircraft without going through the storyline or getting on x-box live. Don't get me wrong, the story was great. But sometimes you just want to strafe an airfield. ;)

I have not yet played Mech Assault, but I loved the Mechwarrior 4 series of games on the PC. I would definately like someting along those lines for the 360. Especially if it had split screen co-op, which could very easily be implemented into a game like that.

I checked and MechAssault sold over 700,000 Copies and helped launch Xbox Live (as I remembered correctlY), MechAssault 2 sold over 400,000 Copies.

Crimson Skies sold over 400,000 copies too......it got rave reviews as well.

From the stuff I've checked online there were rumors several months ago that a studio was working on a Crimson Skies sequel and its been confirmed that its an "A-List" next gen title. Its supposedly coming to PC & 360, which made some people think its not Crimson Skies, but then again Games for Windows needs games like Crimson Skies to encourage adoption.

I'm not sure why nothing came out during E3, but hopefully something new will come out this holiday and let us know whats up. The game is set for release in 2008 likely :)

I'd kill for another Crimson Skies.

Unfortunately, last year Peter Moore said there were no plans to continue franchises like CS and Mech Assault.

I guess that could have changed by now but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see something official.

[quote name='TC']I'd love to see a new MechAssault. Not that abortion that was MA2. That was a coaster.[/quote]
+1. I'd love to see a Mechassault on the 360.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']+1. I'd love to see a Mechassault on the 360.[/quote] i third that idea. I wouldnt mind a new crimson skies either

Crimson Skies was absolutely amazing. MechAssault 2 was rather dissapointing, to say the least... though it was intruiging and worth a rental at least at the time.

[quote name='majorscud']I couldve sworn microsoft confirmed a new crimson skies.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they ever confirmed it. I remember seeing screenshots from an "unnnamed project" that looked just like the Crimson Skies style aircraft, but that's the most I've heard.

bread's done
Back