Crisis Core FF7 (3.25.08) bonus preorder deal!

kosmos13x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Announced by SE today. If you preorder at either Amazon.com, Gamestop/eb, or Gamecrazy you will recieve a limited edition Shinra UMD case free! The game is currently on preorder for 39.99. Here are some links (so far):

http://www.crisiscore.com/ (link on bottom if you want the detailed info on the bonus with pics)

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Core-F..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1201463446&sr=8-1 (also comes with free shipping!)

http://www.gamecrazy.com/games/game.aspx?id=12490&LF=STL

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=191285

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: When you pick up your preorder, you can apply the very famous 10% off coupon to bring the game down to 35.99 + state tax. PLEASE NOTE that you CANNOT use the coupon during the preorder period..ONLY when the game comes in and the price refigured (thus if you pay in full on preorder you should be getting money back).

GAMESTOP/EB ONLY: game+guide bundle deal for those who are not aware. If you get the guide and game instore, you are entitled to recieving 10% off the guide + another 10% off the guide with edge card. So in total:

Game + bonus - 35.99 with 10% coupon
Guide - 14.39 with bundle and edge discount
total - 50.38 + state tax

Enjoy and hope you CAGs will find this useful :D

2-29-08 EDIT

Bestbuy will have an exclusive metallic packaging (think first edition kingdom hearts ps2 case cover).

CCpreorder.jpg

*edit again and again and again*

For the Best buy deal:

There is an empty umd preorder box that some best buys are carrying now. It is basically a "preview" cover of the metallic packaging with "best buy preorder" plastered all over it. THIS is not the metallic packaging everyone is talking about. All first shipments of the ACTUAL game at best buy will have the metallic packaging. The preorder box only entitles you to 1) have an extra box laying around the house 2) takes off 5 dollars of the bill (bring your reciept) when you go get your game, due to that the preorder box costs $5 itself.

NOW best buy has 2 different preorder systems (so far reported):

1) you get the preorder box, but its still first come first serve on the actual game. You just get 5 dollars off due to buying the preorder box.
2) you get the preorder box, and they take your name and hold a copy back for you to pick up, still get 5 dollars off for reason mentioned in number1.

Hopefully this will clear things up.

[quote name='eau']I preordered Appleseed Ex Machina 2-Disc DVD LE from bestbuy.com, counting on the promotion that promised me a bonus ID book. Of course, those suckers didn't ship the one with ID book. I promptly returned it to the store for a full refund.

As a general rule, never order anything from bestbuy.com that is supposed to come with a bonus item. There is a high chance that you won't receive it. The only exception is if the bonus item appears as a separate item in the order, in a similar fashion to the 101 Dalmatians DVD with bonus plush.[/quote]

That sucks. There will be a day when retailers don't screw their customers....there will be a day.....

My gf actually had me watch the first appleseed with her the other day (note that i never watched it before and was like wtf is appleseed). I really enjoyed it in the end and wasn't what I was expecting. I watched part of Ex Machina with her also (she also got the 2 disker) but for some reason I couldn't find to like it as much as the first mainly do to a different look to characters and prefer the old VA's. Still looked great from the parts I watched.

:( I'm still disapointed with the crappy LE case from BB.

[quote name='eau']I preordered Appleseed Ex Machina 2-Disc DVD LE from bestbuy.com, counting on the promotion that promised me a bonus ID book. Of course, those suckers didn't ship the one with ID book. I promptly returned it to the store for a full refund.
[/quote]
Ditto. Lost $2 for shipping, although those assholes sent me a $5 coupon code, I have no idea what to use it on. Ended up exchanging the one I bought in-store for one with the book, plus Warner sent me one in the mail so now I have 2 copies of the book.

[quote name='kosmos13x']That sucks. There will be a day when retailers don't screw their customers....there will be a day.....
[/quote]
Yeah, a cold day in Hell. This is why it makes me glad when sometimes I am the one who actually screws them over.

Anyway, back on topic, I ended up getting the BB exclusive Crisis Core for $31.19 after a PM with Fry's, so pretty decent deal.

[quote name='bryan78']Ditto. Lost $2 for shipping, although those assholes sent me a $5 coupon code, I have no idea what to use it on. Ended up exchanging the one I bought in-store for one with the book, plus Warner sent me one in the mail so now I have 2 copies of the book.[/quote]
Those fuckers didn't send me any coupon code for their screw-up :bomb: How early did you preorder it?

[quote name='eau']As a general rule, never order anything from bestbuy.com that is supposed to come with a bonus item. There is a high chance that you won't receive it. The only exception is if the bonus item appears as a separate item in the order, in a similar fashion to the 101 Dalmatians DVD with bonus plush.[/QUOTE]Um, thanks for the advice, I guess? I'm not sure how that applies here, though... Am I missing something? :\

I only pre-ordered it through them in hopes of getting the metallic cover (seeing as how their B&M stores only seem to be carrying that one, it's likely I'd be getting one). And there really isn't a "bonus item," here, as it's just their only listing for the title going "backordered" upon release, which is strange to say the least.

Luckily, I just checked the item listing on their website, and it has been updated with "Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day," so here's hoping they'll email me tomorrow with "Hey, look, we aren't completely useless, and your game is on the way!" If not, I'll just have to cancel it and try to get it from somebody on here or NeoGAF. That is, if it doesn't take them forever to refund my money...

[quote name='Scott']Um, thanks for the advice, I guess? I'm not sure how that applies here, though... Am I missing something? :\

I only pre-ordered it through them in hopes of getting the metallic cover (seeing as how their B&M stores only seem to be carrying that one, it's likely I'd be getting one). And there really isn't a "bonus item," here, as it's just their only listing for the title going "backordered" upon release, which is strange to say the least.

Luckily, I just checked the item listing on their website, and it has been updated with "Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day," so here's hoping they'll email me tomorrow with "Hey, look, we aren't completely useless, and your game is on the way!" If not, I'll just have to cancel it and try to get it from somebody on here or NeoGAF. That is, if it doesn't take them forever to refund my money...[/quote]
Seeing how many copies each store received and they were all the exclusive version, it's pretty safe that you would get the exclusive cover as well. I would let the order go through.

If it's an exclusive/bonus version with wording like 'minimum 10 per store' and the stores did get only a handful on top of the multitude of the regular version, I'd be worried and try to get to a store and physically get hold of it.

I have a feeling that the initial batch that Square-Enix made for Best Buy is all of metallic cover. So there should be plentiful of it going around. If you were to get it few months later after the initial batch was exhausted, you might be SOL ;)

It looks like people preordered at Amazon might be screwed out of the bonus UMD case. Some dude posted in the Amazon discussion board that he preordered back in January and received no UMD case in his shipment.

Good luck to you if yours is coming from Amazon.

[quote name='eau']It looks like people preordered at Amazon might be screwed out of the bonus UMD case. Some dude posted in the Amazon discussion board that he preordered back in January and received no UMD case in his shipment.

Good luck to you if yours is coming from Amazon.[/quote]

yeah amazon is pretty much horrible in sending you out advertised bonus items. Friend of mine preordered about 4 months before it came out (in fact the first day it was available) and he got nothing.

I wonder if there's a huge stack of boxes that goes up to their warehouse ceiling of undistributed bonus items.... :lol::lol::lol:

or employees had a great day

[quote name='kosmos13x']
I wonder if there's a huge stack of boxes that goes up to their warehouse ceiling of undistributed bonus items.... :lol::lol::lol:

or employees had a great day[/quote]
Who knows. They might have a field day on ebay :lol:

[quote name='yuckfou']Bonus Shin-Ra UMD case ^^
DSC_1999Small.jpg

DSC_2001Small.jpg

DSC_2002Small.jpg

Normal Cover + Limited Ed. Cover:
DSC_1989Small.jpg
DSC_1990Small.jpg

Brady Guide book:
DSC_1991Small.jpg
DSC_1992Small.jpg

DSC_1994Small.jpg
DSC_1998Small.jpg
[/quote]

disappointed with the LE BB cover. they could have at least added color to it ALA KH II or put out a different type of cover art.

[quote name='Evander']For those debating the BB version just because of the cover, I stopped by a BB today (after picking up the copy I pre-ordered from GS) and all the BB cover is, is the exact same cover as the regular version, but with all of the color removed. It's just black ink on shiny silver paper. That may appeal to some folks, but personally, I actually like the regular cover more.[/quote]

That Sucks, guess I'll have to Cancel it!

I stopped into my local BB last night and got the last one with the silver cover. Personally I like the cover, it makes the cover look much more mysterious.

[quote name='bryan78']I don't know why all this fuss about the cover anyway, the cover itself isn't that great. You can't even see the dude's face.[/quote]

The reason why they did that (cut off zach's head) is because ff7 cover was similar with cloud. well...

*slight spoiler*

We found out that cloud "lives" zach's story as his own until he figures it out that it wasn't him.

*end spoiler*

which means that the Crisis core cover was kinda refering to that, same background, same buster sword.....but NOT cloud. Kinda hard to explain what im getting at but hopefully get the point.

[quote name='eau']Seeing how many copies each store received and they were all the exclusive version, it's pretty safe that you would get the exclusive cover as well.[/QUOTE]That's what I'm hoping on, yeah.

I got a shipped notice a little bit ago, too, thankfully. Yay for no cancellation/refund hassles. :)

[quote name='Vitality X']disappointed with the LE BB cover. they could have at least added color to it ALA KH II or put out a different type of cover art.[/quote]
Btw, that's how the Japanese LE cover looks like.

What is this free gift card delivered by email if you order it online at CC? Can you use this emailed gift card in the store?

The CC had to manually adjust to give me the $10 gift card and somehow i got $10.88. Combin with my gamer card I get 10% off.

So I pre-ordered my copy of Crisis Core at the end of January and finally got it in the mail from Amazon today and guess what..they didn't send me my UMD case. I emailed them and they said they couldn't send me it cuz they were out of stock from the supplier. Now I can't get it unless I go to ebay. They credited my account $10 for future purchases but I could care less about it. I wanted the case as part of my collection.

Has anyone else had a problem where Amazon didn't ship the umd case with their order??

If you ordered Crisis Core from BestBuy.com and have received your order, does your copy have the "metallic" cover? I ordered from BestBuy.com in the hope of getting said cover, but upon seeing that it looks like a black-and-white photocopy, I'd rather have the regular cover.

[quote name='11440']If you ordered Crisis Core from BestBuy.com and have received your order, does your copy have the "metallic" cover? I ordered from BestBuy.com in the hope of getting said cover, but upon seeing that it looks like a black-and-white photocopy, I'd rather have the regular cover.[/quote]

That's why a lot of us are dissapointed with the *cough* limited edition metallic cover (which isnt metallic at all imo). I thought it was going to be like the Japanese LE metallic cover but for some reason its shiny to me while BB looks black and whiteish like you said.

If you get the LE cover and you dont like it, you can return it to the store for a full refund (just dont open it of course). The store may have some of the colored ones in stock, if not go to gamestop or someplace that sells that game.

Got my UMD case from Amazon yesterdaY. Both items were shrinkwrapped together. Looked ghetto as hell:D Anyway, happy it came and good luck to everyone who pre-ordered through them.

i preordered mine and got the regular cover. i am so damn pissed about it. and now at 5am march 30th....theyre selling the limited covers and free shipping as well online. if they have limited covers left why didnt i get one like i was supposed to? thankfully this is my first best buy problem and its not a huge one but its still annoying when now i have 2 (soon all 4 types) different versions instead of 3.

[quote name='Kane666']i preordered mine and got the regular cover. i am so damn pissed about it. and now at 5am march 30th....theyre selling the limited covers and free shipping as well online. if they have limited covers left why didnt i get one like i was supposed to? thankfully this is my first best buy problem and its not a huge one but its still annoying when now i have 2 (soon all 4 types) different versions instead of 3.[/quote]
I learned my lesson with similar preorder bonus mess. Now I hit the store directly in order to make sure I get what I want, instead of leaving it to the mercy of the shipping department staffed by people who would rather not be there.

Btw, what 3 different versions? I am only aware of 2:
  • Best Buy exclusive metallic cover
  • Regular colored cover

I preordered the game from Amazon and I didn't get the UMD case OR the game! For some reason it was "undeliverable" which is bs because they delivered another Amazon package to the same address a couple of months ago.

But I spoke with a woman from customer service and she couldn't find any mention of the preorder item in the listing. Does anyone have a link or any proof that Amazon did offer the preorder item?

[quote name='eau']I learned my lesson with similar preorder bonus mess. Now I hit the store directly in order to make sure I get what I want, instead of leaving it to the mercy of the shipping department staffed by people who would rather not be there.

Btw, what 3 different versions? I am only aware of 2:
  • Best Buy exclusive metallic cover
  • Regular colored cover
[/QUOTE]

The European version has a foil slipcase with different artwork and includes an artbook. More info here: http://www.crisiscoregame.com/

[quote name='forumreader']The European version has a foil slipcase with different artwork and includes an artbook. More info here: http://www.crisiscoregame.com/[/quote]
Woohoo. How did I miss this one?! So, this is only available as a preorder. The artbook is very tempting. Where are you people preordering this from?

fuckING HELL.

I ordered the Best Buy limited edition and what do they send me? The standard one. Just reminds me why I hate that store so much.

Local Best Buy only had the limited cover in stock, after looking at it I wish I could have gotten the colored one but whatever, not like i'm staring at the cover all the time

[quote name='blueweltall']Don't worry the special edition isn't all that great. Its just a black and white printout cover. Theres no shine to it at all.[/quote]

Not true...there is plenty of shine to it. It looks great. I don't know what people were expecting, but the Cover is exactly what I thought it would be and I love it.

[quote name='blueweltall']Don't worry the special edition isn't all that great. Its just a black and white printout cover. Theres no shine to it at all.[/QUOTE]

I like the original cover better myself.

[quote name='blueweltall']Don't worry the special edition isn't all that great. Its just a black and white printout cover. Theres no shine to it at all.[/QUOTE]

I like the original cover better myself.

bread's done
Back