Critique my Gba Collection! (New pics, also see a few measly GBC/DS/3DS/PS1 games)

HotJuicyBurgers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Allright Cags, I'mma list the games I own first, then the games that I will eventually buy second, And then you can A) critique me, and B) Tell me games that I am missing. Keep in mind though, that I am not looking for a complete collection of all gba games. My philosophy has been that if it's a game I wouldn't play, there is no point in me having it.

List of Gba Games I Own

Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Boktai: The Sun is in your Hands
Breath of Fire II
Capcom Classics Mini mix
Castlevania: Double Pack
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
Double Dragon Advance
Drill Dozer
Earth Worm Jim
Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
F-Zero Gp Legend
F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Jet Grind Radio
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Klonoa 2: Dream Champ Tournament
Legend of Zelda A Link to the past + 4 Swords Adventure
Legend of Zelda Minish Cap
Lego Bionicle (Had this when I was younger and always loved it, Don’t Judge!)
Lunar Legend
Megaman & Bass
Megaman Battle Chip Challenge
Megaman Battle Network
Megaman Battle Network 2
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue
Mega Man Battle Network 3: White (Rockman EXE 3 in Japan)
Megaman Zero
Megaman Zero 2
Megaman Zero 3
Megaman Zero 4
Metal Slug Advance,Neo Geo AES port
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Zero Mission
Namco Museum
Phantasy Star Collection
Pokemon Leaf Green
Pokemon Ruby
River City Ransom EX (remake of River City Ransom)
Riviera
Scurge: Hive
Shining Soul II
Sonic Advance 3
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Summon Night Swordcraft Story
Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
Sword of Mana
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis
Tales of Phantasia
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Konami)
Waro Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
Wario Ware Twisted
Wolfenstein 3d
Yggdra Union
Zelda II The Adventure of Link
Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars

List of Gba games I plan on buying

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django
Breath of Fire, SNES port
ChuChu Rocket!

Classic NES Series :
Castlevania
The Legend of Zelda
Metroid

Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX
Duke Nukem Advance
Earthworm Jim 2 SNES port
F-Zero Climax
Game & Watch Gallery 4
Gunstar Super Heroes
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, enhanced remake of NES's Kirby's Adventure
Lufia: The Ruins of Lore
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Mega Man Battle Network 4: Red Sun (Rockman EXE 4 Red Sun in Japan)
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Rockman EXE 5 Team of Blues in Japan)
Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Colonel (Rockman EXE 5 Team of Colonel in Japan)
Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar (Rockman EXE 6 Dennōjū Falzer in Japan)
Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar (Rockman EXE 6 Dennōjū Glaga in Japan)
Ninja Five-O
Shining Force, Genesis port
Shining Soul
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2

Gameboy/Color Games

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Pokémon Red
Pokémon Gold
Pokémon Trading Card Game
Pokémon Yellow

Ds
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day!
Chrono Trigger (squeel!)
Dementium: The Ward
Elite Beat Agents
Final Fantasy IV
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Pokémon HeartGold
Professor Layton and the Curious Village x2 (If anyone wants to buy a sealed new copy of it pm me lol)
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Touch Detective
Trace Memory (Another Code: Two Memories in other places)
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2

3DS

Pilotwings Resort
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D + Soundtrack
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition

Ps1

Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
(Not Pictured) Grandia
Mega Man 8
Parasite Eve

If you managed to read through all that, what do you think?

Edit: Picked up two more games today at a Naples Gamestop (Tactics Ogre for 5 dollars!)
EditEdit: Added a bunch of games, edited both lists
EditEditEdit: added all new pictures, (gba games havent really changed, added names of gb/gbc ds/3ds games and the ps1 games that like to hang out next to them)

DSC_1040.jpg

DSC_1041.jpg

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

DSC_1044.jpg

DSC_1045.jpg

DSC_1046.jpg

DSC_1047.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg

DSC_1049.jpg

Ps1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at what you do have and what you plan on getting, I'd say it is a really solid collection. I don't see a fault in it. I would add the Super Mario Advance games but you may have already played those on the NES/SNES/Virtual Console, etc. Some of my favorites include those, Castlevanias, Mega Man Zero series, Metal Slug, Metroid, Duke Nukem, Sonic Advance series, Mario & Luigi, Wario Land 4 to name some which I se you've already on your list.

If you love RPGs and Mario, Mario & Luigi is worth very penny. I was really surprised by how fun and addictive it became. The graphics are very fluid and awesome for a GBA title as well. If I could just choose one game or make it a top 3 list, this game would be on it.

Pretty nice collection but I would say maybe spice it up with some imports.

Do you ever worry about the batteries in the carts not working down the line? That's what has always stopped me from GBA collecting.

Unless I'm mistaken, there was no Legacy of Ys game on the GBA, was there?

About the only thing I can say is that some series seem incomplete and you don't list them in your plan to buy section... like you have Pokemon LeafGreen and Ruby but not FireRed, Emerald or Sapphire. You have Breath of Fire II and Earthworm Jim but no plans to get the others?

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Isn't it that the only games that use batteries for saving are the games using internal clocks? I thought that other games saved on flash?[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly sure all GBA games have battery backed saves... but the only ones which ever have issues with dead batteries are the game that have internal clocks.

This thread SUCKS..........................................without pictures.

J/k. Great list! Looks like you covered all the good ones. Personally, I'd add Zelda 2 and Mario 2 in the Classic NES/Famicom Mini section.

Breath of Fire and Earthworm Jim 2 are on there :(

And the pokemon games arent on there because.... ehhh
It's kind of like something i know, but really have no rush to do.

[quote name='Vinny']Unless I'm mistaken, there was no Legacy of Ys game on the GBA, was there?

[/QUOTE]

And I just looked it up and you are right, it was for DS, although for some reason its on the wikipedia list of all gba games

[quote name='nickerous']This thread SUCKS..........................................without pictures.

J/k. Great list! Looks like you covered all the good ones. Personally, I'd add Zelda 2 and Mario 2 in the Classic NES/Famicom Mini section.[/QUOTE]

I have Zelda II :p

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Breath of Fire and Earthworm Jim 2 are on there :(

[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, I guess I missed those.

Looking over the list again though, are you including imports or something? Because in addition to Ys I & II, Ghosts 'n Goblins and Kid Icarus were never released on the GBA- at least not in the States.

Really? hmmm
I typed up a lot of those personally, but i did use wikipedia to supplement my list, so I'm not surprised that there are mistakes. I'll update my list.

Also I've been keeping my games in DS cases with the covers from the cover project.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']People have been talking about adding some imports, anyone have any ideas as to what? I can't really speak japanese, so keep that in mind lol[/QUOTE]

bit Generations series. No Japanese reading ability required. They're a bit more difficult to find now, but pretty interesting and fun to play.

There are other ones that with no Japanese required which are fun too. Though you'd have to fumble through the beginning menu and figure out the controls, which isn't too bad. Can't think of their names off the top of my head unfortunately.

No Mario Kart??

Nice collection man. I recently bought up about 15 GBA games with a few more on the wantlist to go with my new Micro. Got 'em all stored in a Ziploc, classy eh? Most are platformers and ports of classics.

Whoa! I missed something. What country are you in?
Here in America, GBA boxes are cardboard which are subject to damage.
We don't have nice DS like case for our GBA games.
I am very jealous. ;)

[quote name='beaus27']Whoa! I missed something. What country are you in?
Here in America, GBA boxes are cardboard which are subject to damage.
We don't have nice DS like case for our GBA games.
I am very jealous. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think you might have missed my post where I said i was using ds cases with covers from thecoverproject.net :p
I live in America just like you buddy
If you look at Megaman battle network, you'll see its just a normal ol box

You have a good GBA collection. I have a small one (haha) I have these titles:

Sigma Star Saga Complete
Super Puzzle Fighter II cart
Super Monkey Ball Advance Jr. cart
Final Fantasy VI Advance cart
F-Zero Maximum Velocity cart
Gunstar Super Heros cart
Dual Blades cart
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising cart

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']I think you might have missed my post where I said i was using ds cases with covers from thecoverproject.net :p
I live in America just like you buddy
If you look at Megaman battle network, you'll see its just a normal ol box[/QUOTE]

I think you missed the sarcasm...:lol:

Regardless, very nice collection.:) I would've been more impressed had you had the games in their original boxes though- I'm not a big fan of replacement boxes (or replacement anything). And yes, I understand that it's not easy. It took me a long time to gather my complete (and sealed) GBA collection together and like you, I'm not done either and seeing your stuff is just reminding me of more games to get.

[quote name='Vinny']I think you missed the sarcasm...:lol:

Regardless, very nice collection.:) I would've been more impressed had you had the games in their original boxes though- I'm not a big fan of replacement boxes (or replacement anything). And yes, I understand that it's not easy. It took me a long time to gather my complete (and sealed) GBA collection together and like you, I'm not done either and seeing your stuff is just reminding me of more games to get.[/QUOTE]

Not picking on you, but I've never understood the joy in a sealed collection. Just seems to defeat the purpose of buying a game if you don't want to play it.

I guess I must have missed the sarcasm :(

But regarding the boxed question, I just don't think it's worth the extra money that it would cost me to track down all these games with box. In fact the only reason I have one with box was because it was bought off a fellow cag, and it just so happened to be the cheapest! I know that may go against what I just said, but that is the exception, not the rule

I was not being scarastic. I was genuinely taken back by foreign GBA boxes.
I thought, "wow, PAL GBA boxes sure are nicer than the US GBA cardboard boxes".

[quote name='jza1218']Not picking on you, but I've never understood the joy in a sealed collection. Just seems to defeat the purpose of buying a game if you don't want to play it.[/QUOTE]

I understand- games were meant to be played. Well, I collect them. At one time comic books were meant to be read and action figures were meant to be played with- but people collect them away. It's a hobby I guess. If I find something cheap enough, I'll buy it in hopes that it appreciates in value or sometimes, I'll buy a game, never get around to it and it'll stay sealed. I rarely buy a new game just to keep it sealed though.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']I guess I must have missed the sarcasm :(
[/QUOTE]

Turns out you were right... he wasn't being sarcastic.:lol:

Reviving my thread. Any I also have both Wario Ware titles for the gba, although twisted doesn't really fit in a case, and micro games inc i've just been lazy. Any recommendations on things i've missing?

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Reviving my thread. Any I also have both Wario Ware titles for the gba, although twisted doesn't really fit in a case, and micro games inc i've just been lazy. Any recommendations on things i've missing?[/QUOTE]

I just now learned about the Marble Madness/KLAX GBA cart, which I'm super excited about buying. Not sure if you're into those two games.

Other than that, have you thought of buying up any Famicom mini (Japanese) carts? I traded with a fellow CAG for a copy of Kid Icarus and would love to get my hands on a copy of Twinbee.

Hi. Im kind of new here.

i have most of the carts with the Boxes(Open). IS it better to put it in the DS cases and use the coverartproject? The only sealed box game i have left is Zelda. Should i open it and put it in a ds case?

Is there a special paper used to print the cover art? once download cover art, what is the best size?

Well, if you have most of the games I do, and in Boxes, then keep them in their original boxes is what I would say. The reason I've done all this is because I don't have boxes :(

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Well, if you have most of the games I do, and in Boxes, then keep them in their original boxes is what I would say. The reason I've done all this is because I don't have boxes :([/QUOTE]

well i have the boxes unfolded flat. i like the boxes, but wish it wasnt cardboard. I have everything storage in a SP game metal case from intec.
because it takes up space and cardboard can damage easy.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']The boxes are folded flat? If you don't want to keep the boxes out, but still want to keep your games in boxes, then what I do isn't a bad idea.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The boxes are flat, but can be put back in its form.(Its not folded.U know when u lift the flaps and make the box flat without folding)

I was liking the Ds case idea because it looks clean, neat, and its made of hard plastic. I just dont know what to do with these mint boxes. I did it long ago because I got the SP metal case and wanted to save space since my room is small.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Reviving my thread. Any I also have both Wario Ware titles for the gba, although twisted doesn't really fit in a case, and micro games inc i've just been lazy. Any recommendations on things i've missing?[/QUOTE]

If you go to the covers project website theres special instructions for combining two DS cases together to make one case for Warioware Twisted.

[quote name='kodave']If you go to the covers project website theres special instructions for combining two DS cases together to make one case for Warioware Twisted.[/QUOTE]

Ehhh.... I saw that, but I'm not very good with tools lol

Would it perhaps fit into a UK case? They're almost as thick as two of ours. I haven't seen the cartridge in person, so I don't know how big it actually is, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Oh, and nice collection so far, by the way. I only have four games, so you've definitely got me beat. Heh.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Would it perhaps fit into a UK case? They're almost as thick as two of ours.[/QUOTE]

Do you have pictures or the dimensions of UK DS cases? I couldn't find any on a Google search.

Well, first, I have to apologize because I just took a closer look at the case I have and it's not nearly as big as I thought. It's only about 25% thicker than a US case (length and width are the same), so it's 0.75" (almost 2 cm). I thought it would still work just fine, but after looking at a modding guide...now I'm not so sure. I apologize if I got your hopes up.

Just for the heck of it, I'll still share some pictures. It's way too hot/humid for me to handle a camera right now, but I found some pictures online. Here are a couple of frontal shots of games in the case:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ulJu5B1Uk5g/SvGfCOW5O3I/AAAAAAAAACk/pVCLGJqzTgs/DSCF0068.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ulJu5B1Uk5g/SvGfSurUwVI/AAAAAAAAADE/R5opGiYPqFk/DSCF0075.JPG

And some tiny shots of the empty case:
http://www.rivierapublishing.co.uk/acatalog/Nintendo_DS_Case_S.jpg
http://image.shopzilla.co.uk/resize?sq=80&uid=2301159588
http://www.cdsmedia.co.uk/Cache/115D9FCD-F7C2-48E6-9AAD-6259A47C7F07_180_90.jpg
http://media2.shopto.net/boxart/DSRE06.jpg

And here's a place where you can order the cases. There's a pretty decent picture on that page:
http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/official-nintendo-ds-game-case-new-13790367.htm

Not many original boxes in there. =\ Sorry, but I enjoy original packaging much more than re-packaged games.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, first, I have to apologize because I just took a closer look at the case I have and it's not nearly as big as I thought. It's only about 25% thicker than a US case (length and width are the same), so it's 0.75" (almost 2 cm). I thought it would still work just fine, but after looking at a modding guide...now I'm not so sure. I apologize if I got your hopes up.

Just for the heck of it, I'll still share some pictures. It's way too hot/humid for me to handle a camera right now, but I found some pictures online. Here are a couple of frontal shots of games in the case:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_ulJu5B1Uk5g/SvGfCOW5O3I/AAAAAAAAACk/pVCLGJqzTgs/DSCF0068.JPG
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_ulJu5B1Uk5g/SvGfSurUwVI/AAAAAAAAADE/R5opGiYPqFk/DSCF0075.JPG

And some tiny shots of the empty case:
http://www.rivierapublishing.co.uk/acatalog/Nintendo_DS_Case_S.jpg
http://image.shopzilla.co.uk/resize?sq=80&uid=2301159588
http://www.cdsmedia.co.uk/Cache/115D9FCD-F7C2-48E6-9AAD-6259A47C7F07_180_90.jpg
http://media2.shopto.net/boxart/DSRE06.jpg

And here's a place where you can order the cases. There's a pretty decent picture on that page:
http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/official-nintendo-ds-game-case-new-13790367.htm[/QUOTE]

Yah, i have a UK case (Last window) and it wouldn't fit
Don't worry about getting my hopes up, it happens lol

Not to be a troll, because you do have a nice GBA collection even tho i prefer original boxes, but you're turning it into a overall collection thread which belongs in the proper thread.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Pretty nice collection but I would say maybe spice it up with some imports.

Do you ever worry about the batteries in the carts not working down the line? That's what has always stopped me from GBA collecting.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Pretty solid collection overall. Some nice gems in there that can be hard to find like Phantasy Star Collection and the Mega Mans.

Don't be afraid to hit up Play Asia or ebay for for some import fun!! :D

Quendan for DS and Elevator Action old and new for GBA are good places to start. :D

[quote name='BLink']Not to be a troll, because you do have a nice GBA collection even tho i prefer original boxes, but you're turning it into a overall collection thread which belongs in the proper thread.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, its not really a complete collection thread at all. (I have a good amount of nes, snes, genesis games etc.) It's just that the pictures of the other games in very close proximity to my gba games were always there, so I just kind of named them.
Besides, even if I was changing it to a collection on gba/gbc/ds/3ds/ps1 games, this would be the right place to post it seeing as it is the 3ds/ds/gba forum, and there is no subforum for gbc/gb games.

Wow, I thought I was hard core portable gamer dude. You certainly give me a run for my money. I don't have anything current to show but I'll see what I can come up with. All my GBA games have been packed away for awhile and I certainly don't have any nice custom boxes. My Japanese collection though will probably trump yours ;) I have one game, don't remember the name off hand, that uses the tilt sensor. It's a puzzle game with little jelly drop looking dudes with eye balls. I loved that game, probably my rarest GBA game in my collection. Google ftw: Koro Koro Puzzle Happy Panechu!

[quote name='Snap']Wow, I thought I was hard core portable gamer dude. You certainly give me a run for my money. I don't have anything current to show but I'll see what I can come up with. All my GBA games have been packed away for awhile and I certainly don't have any nice custom boxes. My Japanese collection though will probably trump yours ;) I have one game, don't remember the name off hand, that uses the tilt sensor. It's a puzzle game with little jelly drop looking dudes with eye balls. I loved that game, probably my rarest GBA game in my collection. Google ftw: Koro Koro Puzzle Happy Panechu![/QUOTE]

Looked up the game and it looks like a very strange puzzle game lol
Not sure how long of it I could play though, but maybe, I have been known to play a single game of tetris for multiple hours lol

Anyone have any idea when Gamestop will be completely flushing out it's gameboy advance library? Maybe I could pick up all the game's i've been putting off because it has been way too expensive (mario's, sonic's pokemon maybe, etc)

bread's done
Back