Critter Crunch update

mattyp33

CAGiversary!
Is there a way I can download the patch to USB stick and load to my slim that way?

For some reason, my system will not download the update over my wireless network whenever I try to do so. (morning, noon, late night) It gets to 5% tops and then the minutes just climb until they get to a ridiculous time for completion.

I bought this when it was half off and yet to be able to play since I can't get past the forced update screen.

Haven't really had this problem before, updated Gunstar Heroes, downloaded RE3, GOWIII demo just fine...

Thanks.

-mattyp

How long have you actually let it sit there? I've had some updates that start off slow and climb to a couple hours estimated completion time, but after letting it sit for a minute or two, it clears up.

Also, with some updates, you can just cancel and go right into playing the game.

Ha, I thought there was some sort of special update available from the thread title.

In any case, I don't think you can download updates anywhere else but within your PS3. What's preventing a direct ethernet cable run to the router?

I'll try letting it sit tonight for awhile and see what happens...

As for the other question, my laziness to unplug the system and carry it upstairs to my router probably.

Thanks!

-mattyp

You can also disable the internet connection and it won't try to get the update, at least that way you'll be able to play

You can't download a game update to a USB stick. My guess would be that the update became corrupted after some sort of random disconnect.

You can just cancel the update, unless it's necessary. I don't know what it does (I have the game, but haven't played it lately), but you probably don't need to update it, unless you play online.

The update gives you the ability to play your own custom soundtrack. :applause:

Along, with making single player slightly easier in some levels and small tweaks with the MP that I don't remember at the moment.

bread's done
Back