Cross Edge $19.99 (PS3) @ Best Buy (Very YMMV)

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I was on a quest today looking for clearance Xbox games at Gamestop (didn't find any worth buying) and I came upon this little gem at Best Buy. From what I've read, it doesn't seem to be a great SRPG, but for the amount of NIS fan service (Etna in a Prinny suit) $19.99 seemed like a fair price to me. (I think it's been in Amazon's goldbox before, but it was like $35 or something)
[I actually tried to buy it on ebay today, but the ones I was bidding on sold for $25 and $35... Beyond what I was willing to pay]

578668aaa.jpg

Good day for me. :bouncy:

...Also saw :360: Resident Evil 5 CE for $35, but I think that's been reported already.

can anyone use their link magic to find the check store inventory page for this item? Best Buy pulled it from the site and I can't seem to remember how to do this for OOS items for Best Buy.

thanks in advance to anyone who can.

[quote name='formerroadie']i've been calling my BB's and they don't give me straight answers. Boy, they hire some winners.[/QUOTE]

You're telling me! I went to one of my two closest stores last night. I managed to find 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy (I didn't buy any of them...I'll go back later if they're still there.) as well as the first Trauma Center for the DS. Trauma Center had one of those bargain bin $19.99 stickers on it. Metroid Prime wasn't marked. I figured they were $49.99 & $19.99 but I thought I'd check to see if the prices were discounted.

I had to walk half way across the store before finding ANY employee to help me with finding out the price. Even after finding someone, the 2 employees were seemingly too busy having a fun convo between themselves to acknowledge that I was standing right there. At first the guy all but refused to check the price because Trauma Center had a sticker on it & because he was oh so sure the price of Metroid Prime. :roll:

I don't like to bring race into things or stereotypes for that matter, but this particular store seems to have quite a few employees that have a tendency of being racist towards customers in the way that they help (or don't help) customers. This is judging first hand from personal experience & in contrast to how other customers of different ethnicities are treated.

Unfortunately no matter how much is done, there are gonna be those that act this way.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I went to another store across town from where I got my copy to see if they had any. There was none that I saw. I didn't really ask anyone because of course when you need help, NO ONE is around. Even when I did find someone to help HALF WAY across the store, they were less than helpful in my other questions to say the least.[/QUOTE]

this in manhattan? because that's how it is in EVERY store in the city. i once asked, sarcastically, if there was any other answer that they knew to a question other than the word "no" and the rep so kindly responded, "no."

:bomb:

[quote name='hiljay']this in manhattan? because that's how it is in EVERY store in the city. i once asked, sarcastically, if there was any other answer that they knew to a question other than the word "no" and the rep so kindly responded, "no."

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

LOL ..."no", this was a store in Durham, NC (Southpoint Renaissance Center).

i got my copy tonight.

the game was definitely marked $49.99 elsewhere i.e. gamestop. but gamestop had it as a clearance sale at $19.99. there were only 2 copies at my local best buy.

i snagged one up and feel happy :)

there games total i got tonight at nice prices thanks to this forum.

-pinball hall of fame-the williams collection ($10)
-cross edge ($20)
-raiden iv ($20)

yay!

I got the last copy tonight at the Best Buy on Milliken and 4th in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.

It was marked down to $24.99 but it rang up at $19.99. So excited! A million thanks OP!!

I love these turn based strategy games but am only familiar with the Capcom and Disgaea characters. I'm wondering if I should check out Ar tonelico and Spectral Souls before I play this.

As far as the free DLC goes, do they end up making the game too easy?

anyone in the bay area looking for one, the closest one you can find it at would be santa rosa BB. should have 2 copies on hand. got my friend who works at best buy to check the system for any BB around the bay area with copies and only Santa rosa came up. hope this helps someone whos looking for one

Found 4 copies and willing to do some of you $$$S, um...CAGs a favor. So if anyone wants one, let me know. It will be paypal, and $30. That covers my stupid 10.25% tax in this shitty city, SIGNATURE confirmation (I don't trust you people), bubblemailer, gas to store and post office, and my time. I am not going to fucking round it to the nearest cent so don't bother asking. $30 firm. First 3 who reply get it and must pay before monday. If you can't, too bad. Send me a PM.

Also, any help with setting this up as a trade/sale officially with CAGs would be nice.

since you have no feedback, if you ship first, I will definitely take one off your hands.

sorry, but with that PS3 181 person that scammed a few people in the trade forum...

but yea, definitely

I guess I'll try this to day. This seems to be a little more credible than every other YMMV BB deal I've seen on here.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']i have 2 Best Buy's near me that have 10+ each...i guess the game never picked up around here[/QUOTE]

Since it's a clearance item, the game should go down in price again in the not too distant future :)

Got the last copy at the ghetto Fox Hills mall in Culver City yesterday, along with the second to last "Nut Up of Shut Up" Special Edition BluRay of ZombieLand. Surprisingly, it was marked "$19.99 Clearance As Advertised". As Advertised?

Couldn't find Raiden IV, nor have I gotten a chance to get Williams Pinball collection for PS3 at a Gamestop.

Before noticing this thread (luckily) I was gonna get this game used at Gamestop for $35 since its becoming hard to find and ebay prices is about $35-$40 used.

Went to 2 best buys in my area one didn't have anything but at the other best buy I found the last copy :D

THANKS for the thread KillerRamen:pray::whee:

Got a copy at the BB in Frederick, MD yesterday. Was marked at $24.99 but rang up for $19.99. They still had 1 or 2 copies left there after I got mine.

Thanks OP!

Picked up a copy from the Manchester, MO BB this evening.

Surprisingly, RSS said they had one, and one copy they did have.

St. Louis CAGs, this was the only one in the entire district, so they said when they checked it on Tuesday.

Went to another local BB and they have 2 copies for 19.99. I already own it but it would be nice to have a sealed copy. Thinking I should wait for it to go down to 10...

Found 4 that were on sale for $9.99 along with Saw PS3 for $14.99.

Got them all and traded them in to AMAZON for $124.00. I paid only $81 bucks.

Well if anyone is still looking there is hope. I found 3 copies at the 23 Mile and Gratiot store in Chesterfield MI..labeled $49.99 rang up $19.99. :cool:

I still have my sealed copy that I purchased @ Best Buy close to a month ago. I'm debating about whether or not I want to keep it. The reviews aren't so great, but gameplay vids I've seen look like fun. It is nice that it has trophies. That's always a plus.

To follow-up on my previous post...

For folks in Northern VA, there is only one store that has this item (I called in to one of the stores and had them check based on the SKU) and it is the Fairfax store. When I got my copy, there was at about 5 or so left. They are marked as "Clearance" at 19.99 and rang up as advertised.

[quote name='palgire']To follow-up on my previous post...

For folks in Northern VA, there is only one store that has this item (I called in to one of the stores and had them check based on the SKU) and it is the Fairfax store. When I got my copy, there was at about 5 or so left. They are marked as "Clearance" at 19.99 and rang up as advertised.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Briefly considered driving down there, but not sure it's worth it since my PS3 is currently bricked anyway. :bomb:

After gas it probably wouldn't be much of a deal anyway, but thanks for doing the legwork on the stores in the area.

Just found one of these yesterday! They had like 8 or so left and prob have been sitting there for a while.

Also snagged Star Ocean: Second Evolution for $20 as well.

So don't give up people they are still out there :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Just found one of these yesterday! They had like 8 or so left and prob have been sitting there for a while.

Also snagged Star Ocean: Second Evolution for $20 as well.

So don't give up people they are still out there :D[/QUOTE]

Did your Best Buy not have it in stock before, and now they suddenly had them? Or did you just not check until now?

I was out of town on business yesterday and stopped at a Best Buy and saw 8 of em on the shelf. I asked the lady and she said they have been sitting there for a while. They also still had Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World on :wii: on the rack as well.

I mainly went in to see if they had any RE5 CE or SF IV CE's. None though

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I was out of town on business yesterday and stopped at a Best Buy and saw 8 of em on the shelf. I asked the lady and she said they have been sitting there for a while. They also still had Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World on :wii: on the rack as well.

I mainly went in to see if they had any RE5 CE or SF IV CE's. None though[/QUOTE]

Wow im suprised these things are still sitting around :lol:

This game was not worth full price but even at 20 doesnt seems worth it but good luck if you can find one at your local Best Buy

bread's done
Back