Cross Edge (PS3) $29.99 - Amazon DotD

dang, any opinions on how much this will drop in the future? the reviews of this game weren't so hot, but i wouldn't mind having an anime-styled JRPG around, and some NIS games have been hard to find after a while.

Well, this game can go in two directions: 1. A real gaming gem that people regret passing up.. prices maintain steadily; 2. A real shit show where people regret for buying even at $15-20. I personally think it's leaning towards option 1 as it's a huge fan serviced game with a lot of heavy hitting names and characters. The gameplay isn't as polished as other SRPG's but still playable. The game is not going to get a encore print so what's out in the market now is what people will have to play with. Just pick up the game if you're remotely interested.. $30 is the price of a budget title this gen (greatest hits/platinum hits).

I'm going to play wait and see with Gamefly on this game. They currently sell it used for $30...hoping it winds up in one of the daily deals for $15 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with you cress2000,
p.gif

i persuaded that being patient might just pay off.

i bought it even though it has pretty much gotten bad reviews from everywhere...seems most of the complaints are due to the combat and the convoluted storyline but its an NIS game...and NIS games are an acquired taste as well as a grind. I dont have high expectations for the game but for 30$ i am willing to experiment. Also im assuming its out of print, so later on down the road, i can probably sell it for at least half of what i paid for it.

[quote name='tekzor']thanks got it, with 5% cashback![/QUOTE]

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Canceled and re-ordered w/ PayPhrase.

[quote name='crovakiet']i bought it even though it has pretty much gotten bad reviews from everywhere...seems most of the complaints are due to the combat and the convoluted storyline but its an NIS game...and NIS games are an acquired taste as well as a grind. I dont have high expectations for the game but for 30$ i am willing to experiment. Also im assuming its out of print, so later on down the road, i can probably sell it for at least half of what i paid for it.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not really a NIS game, only NISA published it. The game was developed by Compile Heart, which is like a subsidiary of Idea Factory. I got it myself, but lost interest in it. Friend completed it and got the 'true' ending, and he said it was a pretty confusing finish.

[quote name='mis0']Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Canceled and re-ordered w/ PayPhrase.[/QUOTE]

enjoy!
damn I already forgot my phrase

[quote name='doodofdoods']$10 or less.[/QUOTE]

I assume this just means "never going to buy it", since I doubt its ever going to go that low at retail. Maybe in the trading forum.

I sort of want it too, and wish it would go lower than this, but I'm just not sure it will.

NIS only published the game, it is developed by Compile Hearts

I wouldn't use NIS' reputation as a basis for purchase, especially with their recent track record.

The NIS name has lost all meaning to me, but Compile Hearts isn't really that bad of a developer... it could have been iF.

The game's not horrible, for $30 if you're a fan of the SRPG genre, it has good humor in it for you. Fighting is sorta... close to Valkyrie Profile although it's not exactly real-time combos.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']The NIS name has lost all meaning to me, but Compile Hearts isn't really that bad of a developer... it could have been iF.

The game's not horrible, for $30 if you're a fan of the SRPG genre, it has good humor in it for you. Fighting is sorta... close to Valkyrie Profile although it's not exactly real-time combos.[/QUOTE]

Compile Heart is like a subsidiary of iF. :p

[quote name='Volcynika']Compile Heart is like a subsidiary of iF. :p[/QUOTE]

There are differences in the garbage they put out. One's broken and unplayable while the other painfully unpolished :/

The game is a bag of trash. If it's worth more than $30 still sealed 10 years from now, it will be overpriced. PS3 owners who crave rpg/tactics games have a mediocre selection. Just buy Demon's Souls or Folklore again, or an XBox imo :D $30... LOL FAIL!

bread's done
Back