Crysis 2 anyone?

chriscolbert

CAGiversary!
Feedback
44 (100%)
I looked back a few pages (I can't use the search function at work for some reason) and was surprised to not see a thread for this since it comes out today. Anyone expect it to match the hype or be a huge disappointment? I'm a single-player only FPS player and am hoping it really comes through in this area, so if anyone who picks it up today could share their thoughts on it that would be appreciated.

Also, are there any known distinct differences between the console versions?

There was a thread about the demo/beta.

I'm excited to rent this...it should be here this weekend. Sucks I won't really be able to try the online without the EA pass...but if the demo is any indication, I wouldn't dump a lot of time into it anyway.

EDIT - I just read the game has no online pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the worst hit detection (or lag) i've seen in a FPS ever. Seriously. I especially love the slo mo headshots where the bullet lets 2 feet behind me on the killcam. I am having fun, but holy fuck, some of these kill cams are so off its embarrassing.

What's your connection like? You can check how many bars you have by checking the score board.

I will say in single player this game has the best graphics of any 360 game I've seen.

I'll definitely check this out eventually, but I'm not interested enough to pick it up around launch (and have other games I need to finish first).

But it does look great from videos etc. and its getting solid reviews, so I'll definitely grab it latter, probably some time over the summer when I have more time and see it on sale for $40 or less.

The game is fun enough, but it seems to have some issues that need to be addressed.

Examples:
A couple of times I couldn't fire my weapon or melee somebody. Literally, I couldn't even fire.
It sometimes put one of my party members on the opposing team.
Matchmaking as a whole is kind of ass right now.
It picks shitty hosts, with only one person with a 4-bar connection every time it seems.
If I melee while cloaked, it doesn't seem to do any damage and I need to still melee them twice once I fall out of cloak, unless I manage to actually do the stealth kill I am aiming for.
Shotgun should beat the SCAR in close range, but it doesn't always seem to.

I'm really hoping for a patch because these issues need fixing!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The game is fun enough, but it seems to have some issues that need to be addressed.

Examples:
A couple of times I couldn't fire my weapon or melee somebody. Literally, I couldn't even fire.
It sometimes put one of my party members on the opposing team.
Matchmaking as a whole is kind of ass right now.
It picks shitty hosts, with only one person with a 4-bar connection every time it seems.
If I melee while cloaked, it doesn't seem to do any damage and I need to still melee them twice once I fall out of cloak, unless I manage to actually do the stealth kill I am aiming for.
Shotgun should beat the SCAR in close range, but it doesn't always seem to.

I'm really hoping for a patch because these issues need fixing![/QUOTE]

I pretty much agree with everything here, except I didn't have much trouble getting into matches.

The shotgun is terrible in this game. I just unlocked the first submachine gun, and I like it more than the SCAR.

I can't decide if the MP has legs. It's definitely solid, but I can see myself getting burnt out on it.

Hmm... just released with pretty good review scores yet there are only 8 posts on CAG (plus 3 in sony and 0 in PC)? That seems kind of weird. Did not many people buy it?

I have the game, just started single player. Played the beta and maxed out my guy. Definitely up for multiplayer if anyone is interested.

XBL Gamertag: Conboy

[quote name='faceturd']Hmm... just released with pretty good review scores yet there are only 8 posts on CAG (plus 3 in sony and 0 in PC)? That seems kind of weird. Did not many people buy it?[/QUOTE]

Only like 50,000 on the 360 leader board and from what I hear 16,000 on the ps3 leader board.

What's everyone's preferred loadout?

I use SCAR w/ red dot or feline with extra ammo. Then armor enhance, covert ops and aim enhance.

Well, I got good news today and to celebrate I bought the game, so I'll see you guys on there. I am thinking this is a pretty decent game to actually team up on with all the crazy abilities. Would you all say so?

[quote name='faceturd']Hmm... just released with pretty good review scores yet there are only 8 posts on CAG (plus 3 in sony and 0 in PC)? That seems kind of weird. Did not many people buy it?[/QUOTE]

thats the only thing holding me back from buying this game....its actually kind of weird not to see a full crysis 2 thread in motion

Yeah the kill cam is quite embarrassing sometimes. It does the same thing COD did, shows me getting shot about 5 times, when in fact i heard/saw no shots that killed me. :( HIT DECTectION needs to be fixed.

If you hit the back button you see all the players in game and the connection status! its always ranged or one person will have 4 bars. We need a patch. I do love the game tho! :)

I also ran into the the killcam issue and often got killed before I knew what was happening, but on the flip side I never had an instance where it looked like I shot someone and didn't. If it showed me shooting someone on screen they almost always died.

I'm, well... frustrated. I bought the game and put it in after work and it won't play. I either get "disc cannot be read" errors, a start up until after "acheived on cryengine 3" then a crash... or simply no picture yet audio. I went back to gamestop and switched for a new disc and now the game isn't even recognized... it just says, "open tray."

I have had problems with a few other games in the past, most notably Assassin's Creed 2 (lots of issues but eventually played it all) and Singularity (installed to HD and was okay). I have an early Xbox360 so it is understandably getting old but several new games still play, including Black Ops and Dead Space 2. I'm not sure what to do... either buy a new 360 for $$ or maybe just skip some of these games...? Or what is the difference between certain games being unplayable yet others run fine?

you might need to get your dvd drive fixed or get a new one. if i were you, i would ask one of my friends to try the disk that your console didnt recognize to see if somethings wrong with ur console. :)

Anyone run into any audio issues? the sound sometimes cuts out, and when you go back to MP menu...the music they play is so over amplified.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Anyone run into any audio issues? the sound sometimes cuts out, and when you go back to MP menu...the music they play is so over amplified.[/QUOTE]

No audio issues for me. My friends and I spent a long time talking about the menu music yesterday. Every time someone new joined our party we complained about it again. I switched to 10% on the music and some of my friends turned it off completely.

It's a shame there are so few people playing online right now. Especially since there are level locked game types. There were some poor suckers that were trying to play against someone other than our group but kept getting stuck playing against us. We kept saying we were going to bed after people dropped out but the poor guys would pop back in our game before we left and we couldn't resist continuing to destroy them.

Single player is awesome aside from a few glitches. Will play MP once i finish the Veteran campaign, played the demo and had fun I have the first Crysis and Warhead so definately a fan.

This looks like an incredible game, but I know I won't have time for it now. I know it's early, but do you guys see this as a title that will be popular for a long time as far as multiplayer/Xbox Live features?

I think I'm done playing multiplayer for this until they fix some of the serious issues this game has in nearly every area.

I haven't been this pissed off about buying a game on release day in years!

Woah, the single player is really great. A nice combination of stealth and planning goes into each fight. Though you have the advantage its best to not make a big fuss or else tons of enemies come after you. Very satisfying to clear an area without firing a shot.

A few recommendations in the options menu:

1. Adjust the sensitivity. The default of 40 was too clunky for me so I bumped it to 60 which feels a lot better.
2. Turn off Crosshairs... they almost get in the way of a great looking game.
3. Turn off aim assist (awesome)

MP is alright but I guess the settings carried over and I didn't have aim assist and got rocked in every close quarters fight. And facial melees are completely useless. It seems like it might be a bit complicated with all the powers, meaning it is not really about gunplay but getting in position where you have a huge kill advantage. But it is fun.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']I think I'm done playing multiplayer for this until they fix some of the serious issues this game has in nearly every area.
[/QUOTE]

AGREED, its so much fun, but the hit detection is insane!

[quote name='chrislisting']not a lot of people got this game hiuh? or too busy playin lol[/QUOTE]

We aren't playing it because the multiplayer is shit, so there isn't much to talk about.

I tried out the MP yesterday, fell in love with it. Only thing that sucks is that if someone leaves the match mid game, it will try to reconnect to another host, but it seems to fail 100% of the time and we all get kicked to the lobby.

I seriously don't understand why it isn't more popular, its got great reviews and the MP is a mixture of Modern Warfare and Halo Reach.

I like it so far, other than the lag / hit detection. Also seem to get a lot of crappy teammates, only one person I play with regularly has it so far :whistle2:/.

I loved the multiplayer in the demo, but the retail release seems to have tons of problems in comparison.

I watch killcams and people are fucking psychic or something, shooting me once in the head with a SCAR while I'm sprinting and cloaked, and it instantly kills me. And whenever I get into a firefight, I always lose. Even if I start shooting them in the back with a shotgun at point blank range, they spin around and kill me with a SCAR.

And they need to fix how they choose hosts, because only one person has a 4-bar every game. That's just shit.

Leaning is a contextual option, you simply go to an edge and hold LT.

I am still enjoying this but there are a ton of bugs/glitches. Enemies have spawned in front of my eyes, audio for the story has been loaded on top of one another so I can't hear anything or triggered way later than the event it was supposed to be connected to. If this had some more polish the game would be even better.

Cool, thanks. Too bad leaning wasn't in multiplayer.

Are people still choosing "Skyline" in every vote? I hated that map in the demo (Pier 17 showcased the gameplay great).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I seriously don't understand why it isn't more popular, its got great reviews and the MP is a mixture of Modern Warfare and Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

Ill admit MP is pretty fun, but while it's a mixture of those two games, Halo and CoD do it better.

I will say single player is great.

I'm really enjoying the single player. I liked the first one on PC played with a 360 controller. I like how they streamlined the suit powers by building a lot of them into button presses instead of having to change the suit function through a command wheel all the time. I found the difficulty to be surprisingly tough. I'm not a stranger to FPSes and I had to turn down the difficulty to easy to avoid excessive frustration.

The multiplayer is interesting with tons of unlocks but I can't say I'm ever a fan of the COD clone twitch-shoot-die mechanic and killstreaks. Why must all shooters copy that awful (in my opinion) backwards idea now? I greatly prefer the more methodical Battlefield multiplayer but I'll have some fun with this for a few days.

[quote name='gubmccargen']I found the difficulty to be surprisingly tough. I'm not a stranger to FPSes and I had to turn down the difficulty to easy to avoid excessive frustration.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is a bit harder than it should be at times. I felt like the game wasn't very good at teaching you how to go stealth and then when one guard is alerted, all hell breaks loose making it very difficult. I started paying a lot more attention to the mini-map which color codes the enemy's awareness (white = normal, yellow = cautious, red = aggressive). The other issue is trying to stealth kill without alerting everyone... I basically switched tactics and started taking them out from a distance and then run and hide for a bit while they are worked up. As they dwindle you can take them down easier in stealth. Or just sneak by.

I am curious to know if other people have caught them spawning in.

I started on Hard and couldn't get past the first level. Super frustrating. I dropped it down to normal/medium. Jumping into a new FPS you want to run around try out your weapons/abilities and in this game the first level is basically a stealth game. It goes against everything you want to do.

After going through 75% of the game now, I think it was less about that first level being difficult and mostly about knowing the parameters of the game, learning the techniques and how the developers want you to play it. I also think it was a poor intro level.

[quote name='Corvin']After going through 75% of the game now, I think it was less about that first level being difficult and mostly about knowing the parameters of the game, learning the techniques and how the developers want you to play it. I also think it was a poor intro level.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree... I'm probably around the same part in the game and have become an ultimate bad-ass stealth killing machine. Squids be warned.

bread's done
Back