Crysis 2 Beta Test

hustletron

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Just checked my email and saw something from EA's Gun Club which is an online sort of newsletter about their FPS games.

Anywho they sent me an email stating they would be having a beta test of Crysis 2 and they are looking for a "limited number of participants."

No mention of an actual date or running time but one of the poll questions is are you able to log into Xbox Live Fridays 6 PM PST/9 PM EST? Which gives somewhat of an indication that they may have certain times they allow you to test as opposed to the typical console "beta" of you can play as much as you want from this date to that date.

I don't know if you can just go and sign up for a beta invite as I've been a member of the "Gun Club" since Bad Co 2 but here's the link for the Gun club.

Gun Club

EDIT: I didn't see anything on the front page about the beta test for Crysis 2 just the little picture at the top right corner about it "joining the Gun Club" and after logging in I didn't see any option to op into it so maybe it's just luck of the draw if you're registered and signed up for the newsletter.

I received a different email today from the Crytek Team about the beta test.

Dear Crysis Fan,
As part of our continuing Crysis 2 development we will be performing a multiplayer test starting very soon. For this test we will be inviting various community members to take part and help us push the game to its limits so we can make any adjustments necessary and ensure that we deliver the gameplay experience we know everyone wants to see!
There are a very limited number of tokens available which is why we want to make sure you, our valued community gets a chance to participate.
This tech test is limited to Xbox 360 consoles only this time around, so if you are interested in participating and you have an Xbox 360 gold account ready to go then please sign up below for a chance to participate in our multiplayer test!
Best Regards,
Crytek Team

Thanks for posting.

I didn't get it. I'm Gold XBL since original Xbox, in the Gun club and played darn near every EA shooter. :bomb:

Can someone PLEASE post a sign up link.

I don't know if this works externally or for anyone else other than me but this is the URL that the picture in my email opens up to submit my application at.

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?&n=5&...ypvB7uauvB8VL1ED51kC8On&SEGMENT_NAME=DS_Prefs

Odds are it probably doesn't work cuz it's an embedded link from my personal email but it's worth a shot.

Here's a screencap of the actual email I got

Link

If I try and click any of the check boxes it opens a link to the page I linked above.

[quote name='hustletron']I don't know if this works externally or for anyone else other than me but this is the URL that the picture in my email opens up to submit my application at.

http://surv.cheetahmail.com/s?&n=5&...ypvB7uauvB8VL1ED51kC8On&SEGMENT_NAME=DS_Prefs

Odds are it probably doesn't work cuz it's an embedded link from my personal email but it's worth a shot.

Here's a screencap of the actual email I got

Link

If I try and click any of the check boxes it opens a link to the page I linked above.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting but I don't think it works it took me back to a cheetah mail .com

Sorry for taking so long to update you guys. I was registered at mycrysis.com and that's where I received the email from. Like hustletron, it appears as an embedded link from my personal email also. There was no sign up page when I clicked the link, just something saying your application has been confirmed. When I click the link again, it says "Application already Confirmed You have already registered your interest in the Crysis 2 Multiplayer Test."

Here's a SS of the email

So I would say your best bet is to register at mycrysis.com

At the bottom of the MyCrysis FAQ it states they aren't accepting any more participants. Shame.

I wonder how the Gun Club one works then and seeing as how $hady is a member of the Gun Club and didn't get an email maybe I got an invite?
Link

I just got my beta code in my email tonight.

It says the version I'll be playing is pre-alpha and we are only testing on Friday, tomorrow, at 9 pm EST and Sunday 1 pm EST.

Seems as if there's an NDA, it says no speaking publicly of the experience nor capturing.

Check your email!

Downloading the Beta as I post this. Looking forward to it after giving the first game another shot and watching the multiplayer trailer.

Loving this beta, only complaints. No real tutorial that i can find to tell you how to use the suit and abilities efficiently.

Also loads of connection problems, hard to match in a game, and froze a couple times heh.

I second the tutorial request something fierce though it only took me a game to get into the swing of things. Aside from cloak spam (haven't tried/unlocked its counter yet), the migraine inducing radar placement, and the bullshit head shot slo-mo mechanic (I've seen many a spray-and-prayer luck out with it) I'm having a decent enough time with the demo to keep this game on the radar.

If I had a better grasp of the mechanics (or rather they'd spell out a few things instead of assuming you played the first game) I would have enjoyed myself more. I haven't the slightest idea how to unlock attachments (or earn points to do so) for my Scar and is it just me or is does your character's footsteps lag quite a bit? Half of the time I can't tell whether I'm being followed or just trekking across the map until it's too late.

Regardless the demo did its job stirring up enough interest in what the original had to offer though from what I recall from a friend's testimony it wasn't much.

EDIT: nevermind, I thought it was still a closed beta. I just read on another site it's open to all now. I'll have to check it out when I get online later. :D

I enjoyed the demo for the hour or so I played of it. It did take a bit to find a match and lagged quite a bit in one game, but this is nothing that can't be fixed. Overall, it actually kept my interest and made me want to come back and play it some more. Bulletstorm... not so much.

[quote name='@ndrew']I enjoyed the demo for the hour or so I played of it. It did take a bit to find a match and lagged quite a bit in one game, but this is nothing that can't be fixed. Overall, it actually kept my interest and made me want to come back and play it some more. Bulletstorm... not so much.[/QUOTE]

Had the same feeling. I got tired of Bulletstorm after finishing the demo, which isn't good because the multi-player doesn't sound overly impressive either.

Thank God for beta testing. L-O-fuckING-L @ consistent one hit melee kills from any direction in every imaginable scenario. Combine that with a near lightning fast sprint and spammable cloak (both of which are backed by the same millisecond recharge rate) my interest in this game died instantly.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']I got a killzone feel out of it...hmmm[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Killzone since Killzone 1 and had a similiar feeling.
The suit options and what not are very fun, but the unbalance of getting killed anywhere with melee and lagriffic detection made it unfun. Maybe after some patches and a full release the game will be a lot better MP wise. Then again, Crysis 1 was all about a great SP experience and being the best game to look at graphically.

I foresee this game being excellent on PC with dedicated servers and the ability to whip my head around quicker when I hear someone coming at me for a melee.

mediocre feeling.. is it me or mid range distance kills don't count towards killstreaks because u cant pick up their dog tag? everyone gets to cloak? that's stupid. It's kind of difficult to determine where you hit or missed.

Maybe Call of Duty's 60fps has spoiled me, but I cannot play this shitty game, just like bad company 2 and medal of honor I find 30fps for multiplayer horrible. like bad company 2 it almost feels below 30fps, like 25ish.

It's funny cause I was really excited for this demo and I also got the Bulletstorm demo that I wasn't really excited about but it turns out I hated crysis and loved bulletstorm. I guess you can never tell til you play a game. Crysis 2 will probably still be good on PC if you can manage to get it running close to 60fps.

I really hope that with the next generation of consoles 60fps will become the standard. It really makes a huge difference for me.

I'm not having the same lagging issues or everyone cloaking issues. I mean that's the point. There are counters to cloaking though and you just have to keep moving and checking your six. And armor up fellas! The sprint isn't too fast either. Heck it isn't fast enough since in the first Crysis you were moving like Sonic. I like it but I don't know if I should keep my pre-order since the game isn't that pretty.

It took me several minutes to find a match, not a good start, but once I got in, I experienced no lag. The slight delay when jumping has been addressed on IGN as possibly gathering yourself, and then performing the leap. Gameplay was a little hectic, not knowing exactly where to go, but the guns felt good. I had to melee people a few time to kill them, maybe a blindside melee was a 1 hit kill.
I will keep playing and see if gameplay improves, but they have to get people into matches quicker or no one will stick around to play.

[quote name='Conboy']It took me several minutes to find a match, not a good start, but once I got in, I experienced no lag. The slight delay when jumping has been addressed on IGN as possibly gathering yourself, and then performing the leap. Gameplay was a little hectic, not knowing exactly where to go, but the guns felt good. I had to melee people a few time to kill them, maybe a blindside melee was a 1 hit kill.
I will keep playing and see if gameplay improves, but they have to get people into matches quicker or no one will stick around to play.[/QUOTE]

Its one-hit melee when they do not have armor on, two-hits when they do.

Hated it at first...once I got the hang of things after a few matches, I'm really liking it. I can't figure out how to trigger the killstreak rewards though :whistle2:k.

Overall, the game looks good and plays good...just takes some time getting used to its quirks but once you got it down, things definitely start getting competitive.

-----------

Edit: also for the melee, its like Halo Reach, hold the melee button to perform an assassination.

Most people forget thats what a beta is for, to test everything. Stress the servers, get feedback.

Im confident that crytek will continue to tweak the console versions. :)

[quote name='roymustang']Maybe Call of Duty's 60fps has spoiled me, but I cannot play this shitty game, just like bad company 2 and medal of honor I find 30fps for multiplayer horrible. like bad company 2 it almost feels below 30fps, like 25ish.
[/QUOTE]

I will take a really good BFBC2 with 30fps and zero glitches over a Call of Duty title that claims it goes to 60fps and has tons of exploits and glitches. But hey to each their own.

As for Crysis, I am not a fan of playing betas due to things needing to be ironed out so I have not tried it. Hopefully they release a single player level/demo so I can see if I want to play it.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I foresee this game being excellent on PC with dedicated servers and the ability to whip my head around quicker when I hear someone coming at me for a melee. [/QUOTE]

It made me laugh because I kept thinking this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymKLymvwD2U&ob=av2el

[quote name='lordopus99']i will take a really good bfbc2 with 30fps and zero glitches over a call of duty title that claims it goes to 60fps and has tons of exploits and glitches. But hey to each their own. [/quote]

amen to that.

Couldn't connect...

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']I got a killzone feel out of it...hmmm[/QUOTE]

Oh... I guess I'll be deleting this then.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hated it at first...once I got the hang of things after a few matches, I'm really liking it. I can't figure out how to trigger the killstreak rewards though :whistle2:k.

Overall, the game looks good and plays good...just takes some time getting used to its quirks but once you got it down, things definitely start getting competitive.

-----------

Edit: also for the melee, its like Halo Reach, hold the melee button to perform an assassination.[/QUOTE]

You also have to pick up dog tags. So I don't know how Snipers are going to make use of kill streak awards when people are being killed 100 feet from you.

[quote name='FurryCurry']You also have to pick up dog tags. So I don't know how Snipers are going to make use of kill streak awards when people are being killed 100 feet from you.[/QUOTE]

Ughhhh duh! Use kinesics off of dead space. B button sucka. hahahaha.

I think this game is great even though its riddled with problems.

Its what Beta's are there for though.

Should be really good once all this ish is fixed!

I had some fun with it, although I still don't understand how the killstreaks (support bonuses?) work. They definitely need to fix some technical issues. Just a little bit ago, a guy on the other team was standing still not moving, so I ran over to him and melee'd him about 18 times while yelling "why won't you die!!!". He finally drops dead and the screen says "Triple Kill!". Very bizarre.

I played 3 or 4 matches and it was fine. I didin't have any of the problems others are reporting. This seems like Halo Reach with some MW2 put together. I don't know how the kill streaks work and to be honest I am kinda tired of them after MW2. I have been playing a lot of Reach lately and it feels like a much better experience than this. The sniper seems like a useless class, at least in the only map I played, and it takes too many shots if you don't get a head shot. The grenades are on the D-Pad... Really. You can probably change it but I usually play with default controls.

[quote name='Scorch']this is not a beta.[/QUOTE]

In name only it's not, they've been posting on their blog and on their forums for users to continue reporting bugs so that they may address them, asking for additional information about bugs etc.

They've got a month and a half or so before the game goes gold, they're not just going to twiddle their thumbs. It's pretty much a beta.

bread's done
Back