Crysis 2 (PS3/Xbox) $53.99 + $10 credit at Amazon

[quote name='ShockandAww']fanboys. I like my PS3 more but it's pretty clear that the Xbox version looks better.[/QUOTE]

Eh, if you prefer what you saw in the screenshots, okay but at least to my eyes there's a huge difference between the two. In this case the 360 looks muddy.

Framerate is another thing altogether. Screenshots won't show you that :p

EDIT: They changed all the screenshots. The ones up right now weren't the same posted 1/2 days ago. These, yeah. They look pretty damn close. But they didn't reset the vote, and I don't feel like squinting to pick out details this time around. But that's why PS3 has a huge lead.

normally I would cry to Amazon. But. its only $4 difference. An Amazon has been way to kind to me. So I am not complaining. Unlike Homefront that went down almost $16 a $4 difference is no biggie for me. Besides I have a feeling if you keep bitching Amazon will block your future request saying how they have made one time exceptions to many times for you. lol

Dunno about the old pictures, but these are nearly identical, and I would actually choose 360 as the better of the two. With it being this close it would have to come down to frame rate, if that's also close, then it depends on which controller you like better I reckon.

[quote name='lakers2008']normally I would cry to Amazon. But. its only $4 difference. An Amazon has been way to kind to me. So I am not complaining. Unlike Homefront that went down almost $16 a $4 difference is no biggie for me. Besides I have a feeling if you keep bitching Amazon will block your future request saying how they have made one time exceptions to many times for you. lol[/QUOTE]

Idk if you were referring to me or not, but this was my first price request with them. And I wasn't bitching at all, I asked if it was possible and they complied.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Eh, if you prefer what you saw in the screenshots, okay but at least to my eyes there's a huge difference between the two. In this case the 360 looks muddy.

Framerate is another thing altogether. Screenshots won't show you that :p

EDIT: They changed all the screenshots. The ones up right now weren't the same posted 1/2 days ago. These, yeah. They look pretty damn close. But they didn't reset the vote, and I don't feel like squinting to pick out details this time around. But that's why PS3 has a huge lead.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Utilizing the final retail builds of the game, it's easily apparent the PS3 version has better texture detail and lighting. While they are very close for the most part, in certain areas of the environment and models, it's very noticeable.

In the end...just get whichever version you want. Both look great and the experience will be the same.

I'm just trying to decide between this or Portal 2 (as PS3 version gets both PS3 and PC Steam versions) which comes with $20 bonus credit. Now, if Amazon PM'd Wally World and gave Crysis 2 a $20 bonus credit...then I'll be all over this. Then again, I don't want to miss out on the Limited Edition...I hate being indecisive. :whistle2:(

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Agreed. Utilizing the final retail builds of the game, it's easily apparent the PS3 version has better texture detail and lighting. While they are very close for the most part, in certain areas of the environment and models, it's very noticeable.

In the end...just get whichever version you want. Both look great and the experience will be the same.

I'm just trying to decide between this or Portal 2 (as PS3 version gets both PS3 and PC Steam versions) which comes with $20 bonus credit. Now, if Amazon PM'd Wally World and gave Crysis 2 a $20 bonus credit...then I'll be all over this. Then again, I don't want to miss out on the Limited Edition...I hate being indecisive. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Just buy it.. You missed out on the nano anyway.. I did too :'(

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Agreed. Utilizing the final retail builds of the game, it's easily apparent the PS3 version has better texture detail and lighting. While they are very close for the most part, in certain areas of the environment and models, it's very noticeable.

I'm just trying to decide between this or Portal 2 (as PS3 version gets both PS3 and PC Steam versions) which comes with $20 bonus credit. Now, if Amazon PM'd Wally World and gave Crysis 2 a $20 bonus credit...then I'll be all over this. Then again, I don't want to miss out on the Limited Edition...I hate being indecisive. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Get both! Portal 2 doesn't come out for another month, plenty of Crysis 2 time!

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']was going to pass on this game untill it gets around 30, but after the reviews and a possible 20 gc off retail, if amazon price matches, would get me to bite. Sent off a PM to wallmart.[/QUOTE]
I don't think its that good just a typical shooter with good graphics. Worth $30 at max...
Then again, I don't know whats wrong with me, but any game I play now I cant seem to enjoy it. :cry:

In the end...just get whichever version you want. Both look great and the experience will be the same. [/QUOTE]

The Digital Foundry faceoff article should be done by the end of this week.

I got it for $57.99 with a $10 credit (which I already already used on the $54.99 Portal 2 that gets another $20 credit when it ships) and I used my $40 in credit from buying Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm so it was $17.99.

Anyway If I get $3 refunded to my card for the post shipping price drop, or another $10 of credit... that'd be nice, but I already received my order and I doubt I'm going to howl too much if Amazon decides not to pass the lower price and bigger credit on to me.

The guy didn't wanna give me my money back, lol.

Me:This game was 59.99 when I ordered, and now it is 53.99, under the pre-order guarantee on release date, I should receive a $6 refund, correct?
Rashmi:Hello, my name is Rashmi. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:Hi Rashimi
Rashmi:May I have the order number, please?
Me:sure #xxxxxxxxx
Rashmi:Thank you. Please give me 2 minutes while I access your order.
Me:sure
Rashmi:Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
I am sorry, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee.
Our prices change regularly, and the price you paid when your order was shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.
Me:Right
Rashmi:However, you can return the item for a full refund and order this item again at the new price.
Me:However, this game was released today.It says on the page if the item changes prices before the end of day, you will match the prices.
Rashmi:Your order has already been shipped.
Me:This was taken from the page: Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Rashmi:please give me 2 minutes while I check the necessary details.
Me:note the "end of day on the release date", today is the release date.
Rashmi:Thank you for waiting. I appreciate your patience.
I will apply a refund of $5.96 on your account for this order due to price reduction.
It will reflect on your credit card statement in 2 - 3 business days.
Me:Thanks, wasn't trying to be a pain there, but I knew that you guys had that policy.
Rashmi:No, it's my pleasure to assist you. Rather, I am sorry to kept you waiting.
Me:Not a problem at all. Have a great evening!

Yeah I also find that I gotta work with CS at times. Amazon is a big site and they don't have every policy memorized. No biggie...

[quote name='diabloroxx']Are they still selling the Xbox 360 limited edition or is it the regular edition?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it will be the Limited Edition for awhile with EA's history of pulling this Limited Edition crap (BFBC2, Bullet Storm, Medal of Honor)

[/QUOTE]

The general consensus is that the 360 is sharper and a lot cleaner than the PS3, plus slightly higher resolution. I don't know what kind of screenshots from the 360 version LoT was using, but I believe they changed them now. Which is the reason I never listen to any comparisons besides Digital Foundry. Having said that, the difference is almost negligible for most users. Buy it for the console you want.

[quote name='Marauder7']I'm pretty sure it will be the Limited Edition for awhile with EA's history of pulling this Limited Edition crap (BFBC2, Bullet Storm, Medal of Honor)[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm this? I know they prints tons of LE's normally, but Amazon's customer support couldn't confirm it for me.

Should I order now and hope I get a LE?

Yeah I'd say order. TBH though, the LE stuff isn't anything great. It's all MP stuff. I am absolutely loving the campaign, I haven't had this much fun with an FPS since I don't know when. I really liked Bulletstorm too, but I digress.

That said, the mp seemed to pale in comparison to the fantastic and refreshing single player portion. At 53.99 with $10 GC, you can't go wrong.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Yeah I'd say order. TBH though, the LE stuff isn't anything great. It's all MP stuff. I am absolutely loving the campaign, I haven't had this much fun with an FPS since I don't know when. I really liked Bulletstorm too, but I digress.

That said, the mp seemed to pale in comparison to the fantastic and refreshing single player portion. At 53.99 with $10 GC, you can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Glad you're digging the game. Yeah I know the LE stuff is super minor, but I'd be really upset if I didn't have the LE box art. But that's just cuz I'm crazy.

Gonna bite the bullet and just order it from Amazon. Probably return it if it's not a LE, eh...

[quote name='Blackjack13']$20 credit would be killer. I have a feeling it won't happen though. =/
Decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking Amazon is just holding off on the Amazon price match until tomorrow so they don't need to deal with the release date price guarantee.

Just talked to an Amazon rep right now. Getting my $4 refund! since I bought it at $57.99 and now its $53.99. Did an email earlier in the day but like most of the time, they won't help you so its best if you just call.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I'm thinking Amazon is just holding off on the Amazon price match until tomorrow so they don't need to deal with the release date price guarantee.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame them. Hell, the price drops $5 the next week and some people still call and complain just to get that $5 makes me think that maybe sometimes Amazon CS is just a little TOO good.

[quote name='Jesusaramis']The general consensus is that the 360 is sharper and a lot cleaner than the PS3, plus slightly higher resolution. I don't know what kind of screenshots from the 360 version LoT was using, but I believe they changed them now.[/QUOTE]
What "consensus?" I wasn't aware of a general consensus from any legitimate sources, aside from a few screenshot comparisons here and there from places like LoT. Do you mean people who bought both versions of the game? First you say that the 360 version is "a lot" cleaner and sharper. Then you say "the difference is almost negligible." I mean, which one is it? Saying one version is "a lot cleaner" doesn't sound negligible to me.

Fyi, they never changed the screenshots on the LoT comparison; they just added a couple new ones from the multiplayer mode.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the Walmart deal is better. You are paying an extra $6 plus tax for an extra $10 credit. Doesn't make sense to me. The current Amazon deal is basically matching Wally because they don't have tax (for most). I think the Amazon deal is the best you'll find for a couple weeks so you better grab it.

[quote name='sTaTIx']What "consensus?" I wasn't aware of a general consensus from any legitimate sources, aside from a few screenshot comparisons here and there from places like LoT. Do you mean people who bought both versions of the game? First you say that the 360 version is "a lot" cleaner and sharper. Then you say "the difference is almost negligible." I mean, which one is it? Saying one version is "a lot cleaner" doesn't sound negligible to me.

Fyi, they never changed the screenshots on the LoT comparison; they just added a couple new ones from the multiplayer mode.[/QUOTE]

Most reviews? Most major forums? Including Neogaf which I know you've been in? Seems to be a pretty clear consensus in most cases. However, like I said before, I tend to ignore these until Digital Foundry does their stuff. I suppose I could have worded it a lot better, but I was tired from class. I don't see why you're getting all up in arms though. That said, I like how you avoid putting the last part of, " Having said that, the difference is almost negligible for most users." Most users will usually never notice the differences. Both console versions look exceptional.

[quote name='Lancezos']I don't understand why everyone thinks the Walmart deal is better. You are paying an extra $6 plus tax for an extra $10 credit. Doesn't make sense to me. The current Amazon deal is basically matching Wally because they don't have tax (for most). I think the Amazon deal is the best you'll find for a couple weeks so you better grab it.[/QUOTE]

While minimal, it still is technically better. It all just comes down to whether you want Amazon or Wal-Mart credit. I shop at both all the time so I can understand the appeal of the Wal-Mart deal. This is CAG after all and even if it's only a $2 difference in the end, it's still $2.

Anyone have any opinions on the MP? I know the SP looks great, but IGN said that some of the powers are really unbalanced.

Just curious if anyone has put in a lot of time for the MP (the ps3 demo got pulled...)

I do not like the MP. Played through to level 7 and it seems like the hit detection is off and I don't know how many times I put half a clip into someone only to have them turn around and kill me. The cloaking power is annoying as well with people camping with the cloak on. Glad this was a rental. Think I will run through the SP and return it. Edited to add there is a fair amount of lag as well. Most people were 2 barred with a couple 3 bars and than the host.

[quote name='Japakneez']Yeah I also find that I gotta work with CS at times. Amazon is a big site and they don't have every policy memorized. No biggie...[/QUOTE]

My feeling is more like this... Amazon customer service sucks balls, but their policy of doling out credits and refunds when pressured is so liberal that it makes up for it.

[quote name='tranceFusion']My feeling is more like this... Amazon customer service sucks balls, but their policy of doling out credits and refunds when pressured is so liberal that it makes up for it.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?? I feel that Amazons CS is one of the best out there.

So trying to order for the 360 and there is no add to cart button -- simply a button stating that Crysis 2 is a "Gold Box Item", however, when I click on the button to go there..... nothing shows up! Any ideas on how to order the game lol?

[quote name='Lancezos']I don't understand why everyone thinks the Walmart deal is better. You are paying an extra $6 plus tax for an extra $10 credit. Doesn't make sense to me. The current Amazon deal is basically matching Wally because they don't have tax (for most). I think the Amazon deal is the best you'll find for a couple weeks so you better grab it.[/QUOTE]

Some of us don't have sales tax. On top of that, I bet a good number of us have Amazon credit. I'm holding out for $20 credit. Then I'll use my existing $20 credit. I start with $20 credit, and I end with $20 credit, basically making the game $40 out of pocket. At Walmart, I have to spend $60 and get a $20 gift card at a place I don't usually shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oiskaio']So trying to order for the 360 and there is no add to cart button -- simply a button stating that Crysis 2 is a "Gold Box Item", however, when I click on the button to go there..... nothing shows up! Any ideas on how to order the game lol?[/QUOTE]

Add it to your cart from here

[quote name='chriscolbert']While minimal, it still is technically better. It all just comes down to whether you want Amazon or Wal-Mart credit. I shop at both all the time so I can understand the appeal of the Wal-Mart deal. This is CAG after all and even if it's only a $2 difference in the end, it's still $2.[/QUOTE]

In my mind, Amazon has better prices on games, on a more consistent and wider basis. Not only that, but Amazon has better prices on a lot of non-gaming related products as well (maybe not for food items). That's why I think $20 of Amazon credit is more useful than the same amount in Wal-Mart credit. To me, getting $10 in Amazon credit is like getting $10 in cash.

[quote name='kklems']I do not like the MP. Played through to level 7 and it seems like the hit detection is off and I don't know how many times I put half a clip into someone only to have them turn around and kill me. The cloaking power is annoying as well with people camping with the cloak on. Glad this was a rental. Think I will run through the SP and return it. Edited to add there is a fair amount of lag as well. Most people were 2 barred with a couple 3 bars and than the host.[/QUOTE]

I almost regret ordering it, even for $43.99. I'm not going to touch the online component at all, and I've been hearing reports from some people that the single player campaign is only ~7 hours long. If that's the case, then I really don't see myself getting much replay value out of the game for my $44 bones.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Add it to your cart from here[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I always forget that "New" tab is there even though I constantly buy from AWD on the "used" tab haha

[quote name='sTaTIx']I almost regret ordering it, even for $43.99. I'm not going to touch the online component at all, and I've been hearing reports from some people that the single player campaign is only ~7 hours long. If that's the case, then I really don't see myself getting much replay value out of the game for my $44 bones.[/QUOTE]

I hope this isn't the case. I don't play online anyway just because I really suck at online FPS, but most of the reviews I've read have put the campaign at 10-11 hours and it was either IGN or Gamespot that said you can go back and replay chapters with your upgraded gear making it a type of game+ situation to increase replay. I haven't gotten it yet but plan to buy the end of the week.

A couple of the reviewers went out of their way to state that the game is considerably longer than the average FPS campaign at about 12 hours.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']Got a refund by email from Amazon without even asking.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Great game so far. Multiplayer is excellent once you start ranking up and earning decent upgrades/weapons.

[quote name='prayformojo']A couple of the reviewers went out of their way to state that the game is considerably longer than the average FPS campaign at about 12 hours.[/QUOTE]

Yeah if I recall one of them even went as far as saying it was "too long" which is always an interesting complaint.

[quote name='kklems']I do not like the MP. Played through to level 7 and it seems like the hit detection is off and I don't know how many times I put half a clip into someone only to have them turn around and kill me. The cloaking power is annoying as well with people camping with the cloak on. Glad this was a rental. Think I will run through the SP and return it. Edited to add there is a fair amount of lag as well. Most people were 2 barred with a couple 3 bars and than the host.[/QUOTE]

Even in the glowing reviews there's a lot of skeptical and/or negative comments about the MP, how it's unbalanced and isn't likely to draw a big community for long. Your comments make me hesitant about ordering it since I really didn't like the Beta...I would routinely spawn in a building and run out of it, only to get plugged by a sniper within seconds. lol.

bread's done
Back