Crysis 2 (PS3/Xbox) $53.99 + $10 credit at Amazon

[quote name='kklems']I do not like the MP. Played through to level 7 and it seems like the hit detection is off and I don't know how many times I put half a clip into someone only to have them turn around and kill me. The cloaking power is annoying as well with people camping with the cloak on. Glad this was a rental. Think I will run through the SP and return it. Edited to add there is a fair amount of lag as well. Most people were 2 barred with a couple 3 bars and than the host.[/QUOTE]

Noobs who camp with cloak are like free kills :roll: nanovison ftw

I haven't had any hit box problems either, like 3/4 of my kills are headshots

Got my refund from Amazon this morning, between me and my friend they were all in denial over their own damn policy. It says if the game drops in price on release day they are supposed to honor the difference but both me and my friends got shot down on our first attempts and had to complain further (me via e-mail and him by actual phone!) Amazon has great customer service 99% of the time but it seems like they didn't want to bite the bullet this time around.

The game is just damn good. Single player It's fun and beautiful, Multiplayer is very very fun and doesn't make me want to go to Call of Duty anymore. The only problem with it right now is latency probably because the servers are overwhelmed. Everyone in the lobby has horrible connection except the host who has the advantage.

Sent Amazon an e-mail about the price switch, they said they would credit me back the $5.96 within 2-3 business days...

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Even in the glowing reviews there's a lot of skeptical and/or negative comments about the MP, how it's unbalanced and isn't likely to draw a big community for long. Your comments make me hesitant about ordering it since I really didn't like the Beta...I would routinely spawn in a building and run out of it, only to get plugged by a sniper within seconds. lol.[/QUOTE]

thanks guys, I'll wait on this one then. I'll stick with Homefront MP for now

I also got refunded twice, though mine was only $4 instead of $5.96 -- not going to complain, put the $8 on to my 3DS order. I love you, Amazon.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Yeah if I recall one of them even went as far as saying it was "too long" which is always an interesting complaint.[/QUOTE]

I find it funny that 12 hours is long. In the older days that would be considered short.

Ordered mine yesterday. Will be receiving mine tomorrow. Hopefully it is the Limited Edition, though Amazon Page said nothing about the limited edition.

Honestly guys it should really be called a "First Print" edition. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit pulled the same stunt (and was also Published by EA). So no matter where you buy it now it'll be a First Print err Limited Edition copy.

I rented it and like it a lot. Now I just have to decide if I want to run through the campaign quickly before I have to return it or if I should just buy it... decisions decisions.

Guys my best buy literally got over 80 copies of the "LE" of Crysis 2 and that was just for the 360 alone.

Hell Amazon had the "LE" of Bulletstorm for weeks after it came it. I'm sure you guys will be fine.

i also impulse ordered this just now. had $20 credit from killzone 3. havent really played any games in the past month or so. usually im so tired by the time i get home from work that i just throw a blu-ray on and then goto sleep. after seeing reviews for this i decided to give it a shot for $33.99 plus the $10 credit. hopefully this will get me back into my gaming groove.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='petersa1d']I received my copy today and it was a limited edition copy. Hesitant on opening it still based on what I heard about the MP....[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you are referring to. It"s the exact issue that is keeping me from ordering. Apparently the MP aspect of host migration (hosting period due to P2P) causes a clear and total advantage to the team belonging to the host. This isn't an assumption, but a veritable fact verified by many people providing video proof.

I was planning on buying this...but I think I will hold off until these grave issues are rectified. I would buy this game on PC to avoid these issues, but apparently the DRM applied to the game on PC aren't even known, aside from the fact Crytek tried to validate the "unknown" DRM applications a couple of days ago.

So...DRM's again on the PC version (which to this day have caused me to not but the original...like many many others)...but now the console versions have dire MP issues due to unfair host advantages.

Good going EA/Crytek! This will garner you new customers in this economy!

The deal at Wal-Mart IMO is better for a few reasons.

1. The Version of Crysis for $53.95 on Amazon is not the Special Edition. The version on Wal-mart.com is the Special Edition.
2. Amazon is only offering a $10 credit. Wal-Mart is offering a $20 credit.

I know most people save money from Amazon because of the no tax thing. I personally love Amazon for that, but the difference in credit makes up for the $4 in tax. So essentially you are getting a $16 Wal-Mart E-Card.

You might be saying, "What am I gonna buy on Wal-Mart.com for $20?". I hear ya. So here is a tip. With your $20 E-credit, buy an actual $20 Wal-Mart.com gift card, the kind you can use in stores. That way you can at least spend the $20 on Beef Jerky or Soda or something. Or if you know someone that shops at Wal-mart, swap them the $20 gift card for $20 cash!

I needed a new 360 controller, so I actually used the e-card.

I also want to point out I do not work for Wal-Mart and have not been paid to endorse them. I love Amazon and the majority of my gaming purchases are at Amazon. The biggest reason I decided to by Crysis from Wal-Mart was because I just decided yesterday to get Crysis, so I missed out on the Special Edition Pre-Order from Amazon.

[quote name='TealPavelski']The deal at Wal-Mart IMO is better for a few reasons.

1. The Version of Crysis for $53.95 on Amazon is not the Special Edition. The version on Wal-mart.com is the Special Edition.

I know most people save money from Amazon because of the no tax thing. I personally love Amazon for that, but the difference in credit makes up for the $4 in tax. So essentially you are getting a $16 Wal-Mart E-Card.

You might be saying, "What am I gonna buy on Wal-Mart.com for $20?". I hear ya. So here is a tip. With your $20 E-credit, buy an actual $20 Wal-Mart.com gift card, the kind you can use in stores. That way you can at least spend the $20 on Beef Jerky or Soda or something. Or if you know someone that shops at Wal-mart, swap them the $20 gift card for $20 cash!

I needed a new 360 controller, so I actually used the e-card.

I also want to point out I do not work for Wal-Mart and have not been paid to endorse them. I love Amazon and the majority of my gaming purchases are at Amazon. The biggest reason I decided to by Crysis from Wal-Mart was because I just decided yesterday to get Crysis, so I missed out on the Special Edition Pre-Order from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

For mine (and in most other's case):
Amazon --> $53.99 + (no tax) = $53.99 w/ $10 gaming credit (on other NONTAXABLE games)
Wal-Mart --> $59.96 + $5.55 (.0925 in my state) = $65.51 w/ a $20 eGiftcard (on other TAXABLE items)

Amazon offers free shipping (two day in most cases) to your home -- or wait 5-7 days with Wal-Mart and pay .97. Then again with Wal-Mart, if you somehow have a problem with your game or decide you don't want it anymore, you have the convenience of returning it immediately to the store.

Either way you look at it they're about even. It really depends on the buyer's preference. :p

The game really needs help online. The whole lobby would consist of 2-3 bar connections with host having the best connection...And when your host it is a totally different experience. Hit detection is on point and just the game overall is smoother. It doesn't even matter if the host has the best connection in the world, the whole lobby would still suffer. Then again, this is the first week for Crysis. Other games suffer the same thing on the first, so we'll see...

[quote name='TealPavelski']The deal at Wal-Mart IMO is better for a few reasons.

.[/QUOTE]

Dude it's the same game everywhere. It's not really a "Limited Edition" so much asit is a "First Print" edition. Do you (and everyone else) understand that? EA has done this at least three times that I am aware of now (NFS Hot Pursuit, Bulletstorm, and this).

It's just to get people to buy the game early. If it were a real Limited Edition there would be a separate distinction between it and a Regular Edition or else there would be confusion on the consumer side.

Got it?

[quote name='FurryCurry']Dude it's the same game everywhere. It's not really a "Limited Edition" so much asit is a "First Print" edition. Do you (and everyone else) understand that? EA has done this at least three times that I am aware of now (NFS Hot Pursuit, Bulletstorm, and this).[/QUOTE]

Or we can sum it up as ... pretty much any "hyped" game that EA put out this year :lol:

[quote name='FurryCurry']Dude it's the same game everywhere. It's not really a "Limited Edition" so much asit is a "First Print" edition. Do you (and everyone else) understand that? EA has done this at least three times that I am aware of now (NFS Hot Pursuit, Bulletstorm, and this).

It's just to get people to buy the game early. If it were a real Limited Edition there would be a separate distinction between it and a Regular Edition or else there would be confusion on the consumer side.

Got it?[/QUOTE]
You only became aware of it because of NFS Hot Pursuit? It has happened as early as Battlefield: Bad Company. Do you (and everyone else) understand that?

It is just to get people to buy the game early and believe it or not it actually fools some people.

Got it?

[quote name='Envel']You only became aware of it because of NFS Hot Pursuit? It has happened as early as Battlefield: Bad Company. Do you (and everyone else) understand that?

It is just to get people to buy the game early and believe it or not it actually fools some people.

Got it?[/QUOTE]

Actually it is a way to essentially nickle and dime players for more money. Every EA Limited Edition I bought has included free DLC that was already on the fucking disc.

If you didn't buy the LE at launch, you had to buy the DLC separate.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Actually it is a way to essentially nickle and dime players for more money. Every EA Limited Edition I bought has included free DLC that was already on the fucking disc.

If you didn't buy the LE at launch, you had to buy the DLC separate.[/QUOTE]

That is more true of other companies. The first content release from EA may be on disc already with minor tweaks needed but EA has generally continued support depending on the game. Take Bad Company 2 for example. Their limited edition release included VIP pass for free. Several instances of post-release content is given to VIP pass members since....at least 5 map packs and a new game mode which was all separate from the original production plan.

Well yeah just got my $10 credit. I'm thinking about calling for the price change on release day but it would only be $2.40 net difference. I had used the ECA discount to get this game back in 2009 when the price was $56.99. With discount I got the game for $45.59 but since they have apply the 20% discount to the price reduction my credit would only be $2.40. Probably not worth it. Basically getting the game for $35.59(with $10 credit which is pretty good). Of course $33.19 would be better.

FYI it looks like credits that happen after you pre-order still get applied even though there is no verbiage in description stating it. Good thing since I didn't want to cancel with the special price and order again for $10 future gaming credit. I was going to call in a bitch if they didn't give it to me.

I just got done playing some MP in Crysis, holy crap it was laggy. I barely had a 1 bar connection, and the host was dominating badly. I hope they get it ironed out.

[quote name='spectre666']yes.[/QUOTE]

that was just an assumption lol. i dont have the game, but peopel say the host has the best connection. ive only played the demo so i know about the latency bars

My PC copy just arrived, and it is the Limited Edition. So I'm going to go ahead and agree with the people that by "Limited" it's more of "First Print".

[quote name='chicagoz']Incoming dumb question: How can you tell who is the host?[/QUOTE]

trust me...you will know. The whole room will be below 3 bars.

like others have said, a lot of big name games have shit MP issues in the first week or two. give it some time and play other good things until it works. one of the greatest thing about this generation of gaming is the ability to patch!

[/QUOTE]

Ordered my copy last night from Amazon, got it today. Got a Limited Edition copy. And for those of you worried about the MP, I just played for 2 and a half hours and only had my very 1st game be laggy. The game is awesome

As everyone else has said, "Limited Edition" is just the first run printing. I bought a copy of Medal of Honor for $20 a month ago and it still was the Limited Edition. So I wouldn't worry about it.

And as for the host advantage in the multiplayer, this is exactly why dedicated servers are better, and why PC gamers complained back when IW took them out of MW2. Its incredible that console games are still being saddled with crappy P2P multiplayer in this day and age.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Dude it's the same game everywhere. It's not really a "Limited Edition" so much asit is a "First Print" edition. Do you (and everyone else) understand that? EA has done this at least three times that I am aware of now (NFS Hot Pursuit, Bulletstorm, and this).

Got it?[/QUOTE]

If there is only one version of the game why did Amazon change the game title from "Crysis 2 Limited Edition" to just "Crysis 2"? Plus the box art changed on Amazon. Seemed a little weird to me thus why I ordered from Walmart.

Oh well. I got a good deal on Walmart because I needed a new controller, but if this deal on Amazon is in fact the Limited edition, it is a good deal too.

[quote name='TealPavelski']If there is only one version of the game why did Amazon change the game title from "Crysis 2 Limited Edition" to just "Crysis 2"? Plus the box art changed on Amazon. Seemed a little weird to me thus why I ordered from Walmart.

Oh well. I got a good deal on Walmart because I needed a new controller, but if this deal on Amazon is in fact the Limited edition, it is a good deal too.[/QUOTE]

They did that on BF with NFS: Hot Pursuit but they all ended up being the "Limited Edition" anyways.

[quote name='TealPavelski']If there is only one version of the game why did Amazon change the game title from "Crysis 2 Limited Edition" to just "Crysis 2"? Plus the box art changed on Amazon. Seemed a little weird to me thus why I ordered from Walmart.

Oh well. I got a good deal on Walmart because I needed a new controller, but if this deal on Amazon is in fact the Limited edition, it is a good deal too.[/QUOTE]

Also the new NFS shift 2 limited is preorder only, so EA may in fact be changing their tune on this issue.

Ordered my copy Tuesday, received it today. It was the limited edition version. I'm still not sure what that entails. The game is pretty good, I'm too tired to really care. I don't regret buying it this early, so that's a good thing.

bread's done
Back