Crysis demo, join the countdown

I'm gonna try this on a laptop that got 327 on 3DMark 06(07? the newest one). If you don't hear back from me, I most likely fried it.

Edit:
Forgot to say thanks for the link.
Thanks

[quote name='darthbudge']Please let me know if this demo is more optimized then the beta, because my rig couldn't run that at all.[/QUOTE]

it should be. I have a feeling his is the DX9 demo, the DX10 is releasing on nzone tomorrow

ok, i just noticed this, there's a new Nvidia beta driver up.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.01.html

description on website:
Beta driver for GeForce FX, 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
Recommended driver for Crysis single player game demo.
Several game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming drivers, please subscribe to the newsletter.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']X1800XT OC'ed
E6400 OC'ed 2.8GHz
2GB RAM

That demo pwned my rig on medium. Framerate dropped to a good

Demo runs great for me:
8800 GTX (10% oc)
e6600 (no oc)
4gb ram

Runs 1680x1050, everything set to high smoothly (very high grayed out - must be for DX 10 and I dont have vista).

Oh, and the games pretty slick too hehe.

It didn't run well on my core 2 duo e6600, 2gb ram, and 8800gts 640mb video card. Will the Direct x 10 version run better than 9?, because I have vista

Well my laptop survived.

I ran at low (everything) at 800x600 on

1.8 intel M
528 mb ram
radeon x600 mobility

Yeah, it was too slow and ugly to be enjoyable. Seems really fun though.

On XP and Vista, i am using high setting and Fraps is showing 19-20 fps consistently.

Dual Core E6750
3.25G Ram (6400)
GTS 640

I downloaded the demo and it appears to be broken (for me at least). There's kind of a picture-in-picture effect (for lack of a better description) in the top left and the textures are completely missing. No gun displayed, torn up ground effects, etc. I tried multiple resolutions and graphics settings and nothing solved those problems. I highly doubt it's my PC's specs too. Tomorrow I'm going to uninstall and download the official demo release hoping to have better results.

My core PC specs:
Pentium 4 3.4 GHz w/HT
4 GB DDR2 Ram
nVidia7950GT

[quote name='level1online']WHATTTT!!!! :hot:

What resolution? Vista or XP ?[/quote]

I was running it at 1440x900 w 6x AA. Vista Ultimate x86 edition.

It got a lot better when I turned the AA down to 2x, but my card's been known to artifact a bit so... I think other X1800XT's may perform a bit better.

Note, even on medium this game is gorgeous. The character models are damn awesome.

So wheres the link? I've been checking the site and they got nothin.

Aight nvm. Grabbing from N-zone.com. Should be good to go in an hour and a half. Hopefully I stay awake long enough ;)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Note, even on medium this game is gorgeous. The character models are damn awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. I get around 30fps on high, but there's skippy moments. High looks so amazing, but I'd rather it be stable so I use medium.

Played in 1280x720 on high and pretty damn smooth framerates. Only time I saw some slowdown was when the DX10 effects were kicking in high gear in the mist. But even then it was playable.

Tried to run on high at 1920x1080, but no go.

Gorgeous game for sure ;)

Aight, I've been playing for a little bit, just up to the first firefight.
Specs:
e4400 @ 2.4ghz
2gb 4-4-4-12 ddr2 800 @ 960 (i think)
evga 8800gts 320mb @ stock

I started off with x4 AA and everything on Very High @ 1024x768 resolution (monitor native). That stuff looks amazing. I was very surprised. Motion blur is in full effect here, any motion has at least some blur to it. I don't have fraps up and running yet, so I have no shots as of yet, but I could feel it was very laggy. I'd say I was getting 15~ fps and a significant delay between sounds and actions.

Then I tried No AA and everything on Low. Framerate was perfect, and surprisingly, everything looked fairly good. Textures were very bland, and I hate the jagged edges of no AA, but still, very good looking.

I'll find the sweet spot along with some screens etc. later today, for now, I gotta get some sleep (its 3:19am : / )
-----
Hahah.. I couldn't resist. Got fraps going.
No AA:
All Low- 65 FPS
All Med- 40 FPS
All High- 27 FPS
All Very High- 19 FPS

AAx4:
All Very High- 10 FPS

Shots:
All Low no AA-
CKCry1.png

Comparison Shots (same image, different settings, Low, Med, High, VHigh respectivly)-
LowNoAA.png
(note the flashlight drowns out the picture, other than that its passable)
MedNoAA.png
(yay shadows)
HighNoAA.png
(adds fog)
VeryHighNoAA.png
(adds texture depth and more realistic looking lighting that happens to effect the fog)

Money Shots (very high x4AA):
HighQ1.png

HighQ2.png

HighQ4.png
Amazing particle effects.

Like I said, I'll find a good FPS/Quality balance tomorrow and get some screens of what you could run the game like and still be able to shoot stuff (around 30fps is my limit). Damn this looks so good.

[quote name='vghc']On XP and Vista, i am using high setting and Fraps is showing 19-20 fps consistently.

Dual Core E6750
3.25G Ram (6400)
GTS 640[/QUOTE]

Turn shadows down to medium and i get consistent 30fps.....i am sure by the time the game comes out, there will be some tweak guides.

Just woke up and saw the demo was out. I was at a friend's house playing Command & Conquer 3 with him until 1 am, and he doesn't have internet. This game looks sweet; too bad I need to wait until next month to fully appreciate it.

my pc:
Core 2 duo e6600@ 2.4ghz
2gb ram
8800gts 640mb

ran it at
1650x1080
AAx none
all medium quality at
28-50 fps
mostly around 30fps

Downloading the demo now. I won't be able to play it for awhile but when I do I will post my results.

Specs:

EVGA 680i chipset
Q6600 (G0 Stepping) at stock 2.4Ghz
EVGA 8800GTX
2 GB Corsair Dominator @ 5-5-5-12
W.D. 150 GB Raptor (X2 in RAID 0)

It runs and looks way better than the MP Beta. It's a newer build and DX10 is enabled.

Too many damn good PC games these few months....

Hellgate London/Quake Wars/Orange Box/Crysis/Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts

fuck...

It is running pretty good on my machine, but I noticed some oddities with the sound. I can't exactly lay my finger on it but it seems like the center speaker in 5.1 is not working.

There arent many config options in game for this, anyone else having problems with the sound?

I've installed it twice and I can't find it in my computer. It says click finish, I do then go to the start menu, and it's not there. Did a search for "Crysis" and the only thing that comes up is the .exe I DLd. This is so weird.

[quote name='munch']I've installed it twice and I can't find it in my computer. It says click finish, I do then go to the start menu, and it's not there. Did a search for "Crysis" and the only thing that comes up is the .exe I DLd. This is so weird.[/QUOTE]
Yea I did the same thing heh. Its in the Bin32 folder.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Yea I did the same thing heh. Its in the Bin32 folder.[/QUOTE]

where's that? And are you running vista?

wow i was surprised this demo runs smoothly on all low settings on my comp.

and my comp is old, specs:

2 P4 3.4 GHz (not dual core)
1 GB RAM
ati radeon x300/x550 128mb

i just figured my graphics card was too outdated to handle this at all, hahaha

Ran ok but a little bit choppy on my machine at 1024x560 (widescreen) and all Medium settings. It looked good but extremely pixelated due to the low rez/no FSAA.

I'm running 2 year old hardware for anyone who wants to associate performance to specs:

AMD X2 3800+
1 GB RAM
GeForce 7900 GS 256mb (DX9)

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']Ran ok but a little bit choppy on my machine at 1024x560 (widescreen) and all Medium settings. It looked good but extremely pixelated due to the low rez/no FSAA.

I'm running 2 year old hardware for anyone who wants to associate performance to specs:

AMD X2 3800+
1 GB RAM
GeForce 7900 GS 256mb (DX9)[/quote]

I have the same card, but with 2GB ram & X2 5200+, WinXP Pro

I got around 40-30 frames on 1024x768 - All medium settings, no FSAA.

I haven't intalled the new Beta driver yet which is supposed to increase performance.

Holy Balls, I ran this on 1920X1200 with everything on High and AA at 4X. I was getting FPS's in the 15-25 range, sometimes dipping lower when driving vehicles. I am going to mess with the settings some more, probably turn down AA and update my video card drivers to the new Nvidia ones for this game and see what happens then. Hopefully I can get it to run at a steady 30 FPS's or above. I am also going to OC my CPU to 3.0Ghz soon, that should help a decent amount.

Alrighty. Heres the best quality/fps balance I've been able to find (for specs near mine). On Vista.
-----
Set everything to medium.

Change textures to High. If you have more than 320mb video ram, I'd say you could do very high.

Set shaders to High. Makes the game look so much better. The jump from medium to high here is crazy.

Postprocessing Effects, put em' on high, adds that sexy motion blur effect.

Volumetric Effects, to High. Flashlight in the mist= :drool:

Water on Low.
-------
Gives a constant 30~ FPS.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Alrighty. Heres the best quality/fps balance I've been able to find (for specs near mine). On Vista.
-----
Set everything to medium.

Change textures to High. If you have more than 320mb video ram, I'd say you could do very high.

Set shaders to High. Makes the game look so much better. The jump from medium to high here is crazy.

Postprocessing Effects, put em' on high, adds that sexy motion blur effect.

Volumetric Effects, to High. Flashlight in the mist= :drool:

Water on Low.
-------
Gives a constant 30~ FPS.[/quote]

Thanks, looks great!:bouncy:

[quote name='munch']where's that? And are you running vista?[/quote]

I'm wondering this too. I have the same problem. :cry:

bread's done
Back