crysis finally working and holy!

thisjustanother

CAGiversary!
i finally got crysis working and i just gotta say one thing, DAMN!!!! even with all the settings on low, the game still looks amazing. the interaction with even the palm tree leaves are pretty sweet. im glad i was able to get this game with that best buy reward zone coupon for $10, just sucks it couldnt have been sooner, this is great.

I just started playing it too (picked it up with the Best Buy coupon deal). So far it's pretty fun and it runs great on my rig with all settings on very high. I have found myself sort of repeating the same actions over and over though... stealth then snipe and repeat. Don't really use strength or speed modes.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']too bad the actual game is boring as hell[/quote]

yea I get really bored with the game also...i pick it up again once and awhile but i do not play for very long because it gets boring >___

I have said many things about Crysis but boring was never one of them. The second half of the game sucks compared to the first half, but other than that I had very few complaints.

[quote name='cgarb84']I have said many things about Crysis but boring was never one of them. The second half of the game sucks compared to the first half, but other than that I had very few complaints.[/QUOTE]
Agreed here.

Looks amazing and is super fun to play. So many different ways to do the objectives.

[quote name='cgarb84']I have said many things about Crysis but boring was never one of them. The second half of the game sucks compared to the first half, but other than that I had very few complaints.[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. I found that it was one of the funnest FPS I had played in a while. It's a great break from the usual linear FPS games like CoD or Halo.

I really enjoyed the weapons customization and power-ups, that with its open ended game play is what made this game so much more fun and immersive.

crysis can be boring if you do the same thing over and over. i decided to try and cut back on my cloaking since it seemed a little OP, and i had MUCH more fun. approaching objectives and guard posts from different angles, having different weapon loadouts with different custimizations and using ALL the suits abilities makes for a very fun experience.

I loved Crysis even though the last third or so of the game took a turn for the worse.

All the different ways to go about doing things is what really set Crysis apart. It's really cool that you can tackle the same enemy stronghold in either a drawn out game of cat and mouse or just go in guns blazing and both are equally enjoyable. I recommend trying the Rambo approach every now and again as the chaos that erupts from that style of play at certain points in the game is simply awesome.

Some questionable storyline/plot developments aside, Crysis is a very, very solid shooter. If you have the hardware to run it you owe it to yourself to check it out.

So I just bought it in preparation of my new computer, but for shits and giggles tried to run it on my current. It worked fun in Low but was ugly as hell, bumped it up to medium and was looking at a slideshow.

Can't wait to play it in sexy High/Very High with AA.

Something that bugs me about the game so far is the enemy AI is pretty dumb. You can be shooting at them and they'll be turned in the opposite direction with their back to you, looking for you.

Just finished Crysis and am going to start on Warhead, second to Half-Life 2 this is my favorite single player FPS ever. It definitely beats HL2 in gameplay but not in story and environment. Excellent game though, can't wait to wreak havoc as Psycho.

bread's done
Back