Crysis PC DVD $24.99 Amazon

[quote name='ninja dog']$19.99 for the collector's edition at EB/GS. Seems pretty widely available too.[/QUOTE]

Where I got mine. Had plenty of copies. I detest GS, but just couldn't pass that up.

also, this game runs a hell of a lot better after patches and the latest nvidia drivers. Could barely handle medium before, now I'm hitting high settings with obvious drops only with huge explosions. The gameplay is amazing too, truly underrated after all the hype for the graphics.

this game didnt strike me as that good... problably not going to bite on this one! thanks though
CAGsmily!.gif

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Has it got multiplayer? Or do I need to buy Warhead for that.[/quote]

Yes, it has multiplayer. But everyone is playing Crysis Wars now.

I tried out this game and it was boring as all hell.

I also recall several incidents of shooting guys point blank in the face on the easiest difficulty and watching in disbelief as they survived and killed me.

I already picked up the Collector's Edition from Gamestop. The first half of Crysis was well worth the $20 IMO. So many FPS's are on rails these days, it was refreshing to play one that allows the freedom to complete objectives in your own way. I find it much more rewarding when the action is dynamic and not part of a predetermined set piece. Plus the graphics are amazing, even if you can't max everything out. It's a shame the game funnels down to a linear shooter in the second half.

[quote name='ecwfan']Does anyone know about the rootkit that this game supposedly installs on your hard drive?[/quote]

The game's been out over a year and you've been here a while. If this is an innocent question, yes I think it uses some form of SecuROM. You can find discussion about this in about every PC game thread on here.

This isn't directed at you in particular, but to the Crysis haters even with the price drops on this and the low initial price on Warhead: By all means, don't support Crytek because of this or any other reason if you want to make sure we don't get any more high budget system pushing titles exclusive to the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='turls']The game's been out over a year and you've been here a while. If this is an innocent question, yes I think it uses some form of SecuROM. You can find discussion about this in about every PC game thread on here.

This isn't directed at you in particular, but to the Crysis haters even with the price drops on this and the low initial price on Warhead: By all means, don't support Crytek because of this or any other reason if you want to make sure we don't get any more high budget system pushing titles exclusive to the PC.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I don't normally play PC games, nor do I check out the PC subforum here. I just got a new computer and was interested in checking this game out.

bread's done
Back