Crysis Wars Free Weekend Oct. 10-12

Kurina

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.mycrysis.com/newsdetails.php?news=38014

I haven't tried or heard much about Crysis Wars to know if this is an extremely cool thing or not, but surely it isn't bad. I am curious to try it myself next week.

Official Press Release
EA AND CRYTEK DECLARE A WEEKEND OF WARS

Experience All of Crysis Wars Absolutely Free October 10th – 12th

The only thing better than more Crysis is more free Crysis!

Electronic Arts and Crytek are announcing today that Crysis Wars, the new multiplayer suite for Crytek’s award-winning Crysis franchise and part of the critically acclaimed Crysis Warhead package, will be available for free from Friday, October 10th through Sunday, October 12th.

“We have been extremely pleased with the reception we have received from gamers and press for Crysis Warhead,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “Crysis Wars is definitely a big reason for this success and something we are dedicated to, not only as a part of future Crysis titles, but in terms of releasing new modes and continued support for our growing community.”

Starting on Monday, October 6th, gamers can take advantage of this offer by registering online at www.mycrysis.com. After registration, those who sign up will be emailed a unique activation key that will allow them to immediately play Crysis Wars on LAN for the entire week and will allow them to play on Gamespy servers from October 10th at 11:00 AM PT to October 12th at 11:59 PM.

Crysis Wars includes:

• Three diverse multiplayer modes including InstantAction, TeamInstantAction and PowerStruggle
  • 21 maps ranging from large battlefields to smaller, more intimate battlegrounds with a diverse array of settings ranging from beaches to graveyards
  • All weapons and vehicles released within the Crysis Universe

For more information about Crysis Wars and to take advantage of “Wars Weekend”, please visit www.mycrysis.com. For more information about Crysis Warhead, winner of Editor’s Choice Awards from IGN.com and GameSpot.com, please visit www.crysiswarhead.com. Crysis Warhead is now available at retail stores and leading online download services for only $29.99.

Sounds pretty cool kinda wish I didn't have an 8600 GT :/

Heh but sucks we'll have to trash it after a few days, which is probably how long it'll take to DL it if we can

[quote name='SuxoR']Sounds pretty cool kinda wish I didn't have an 8600 GT :/

Heh but sucks we'll have to trash it after a few days, which is probably how long it'll take to DL it if we can[/quote]

I have the same card, but it should hold up okay I would think. I was able to play the original Crysis without it being to terribly bad, as I just had to lower a few settings a bit. I would think this game runs pretty much the same.

The system requirements for Crysis/Crysis Warhead are pretty overblown. Sure, it requires a monster rig in order to play on the absolute highest settings, but medium settings run quite well even when played on a modest PC and still manages to look very good. I played it on a 7900gs on medium, and it looked and played great, although setting everything to max just to see what it looks like certainly made me envious (luckly I have an 8800GT now!).

But anyway, it's nice to see them offering this promotion. How exactly can you download Crysis Wars though? Will they have a direct link in the emails they're sending out? I'm used to seeing these promotions offered on Steam instead since that seems like it would be an easier method for hosting these free play sessions.

Crysis Warhead is supposed to be better optimized for a wider range of hardware. I haven't even loaded my copy yet, but I guess I need to get setup so I can take part in this.

Definitely looking forward to this. Never played either crysis, will probably help me make a decision when steam (hopefully) weekend sales it.

Isn't Crysis coming out for the xbox360 and PS3. I thought I heard it was running pretty smooth on both platforms.

[quote name='Edge']But anyway, it's nice to see them offering this promotion. How exactly can you download Crysis Wars though? Will they have a direct link in the emails they're sending out? I'm used to seeing these promotions offered on Steam instead since that seems like it would be an easier method for hosting these free play sessions.[/quote]

Can't find any details on how to get the link. I guess after registering they may give you a link to download immediately then, since you are allowed to play it all of next week via LAN based games until the weekend. Really curious here to try it out.

Also surprised it wasn't something through Steam as you mentioned, since that seems easier to control in general.

I first I thought this was going to be a F.E.A.R. Combat kind of thing, but the limited time makes this a no go for me. I'll stick to regular Crysis.

[quote name='rolliauctions']Isn't Crysis coming out for the xbox360 and PS3.[/QUOTE]
They have a build of CryEngine 2 for the 360/PS3, but they have not said anything about Crysis itself coming to consoles. Well, actually, they have: they've said it isn't happening.

bread's done
Back