Culdcept NEW!!! 2.99 @ EBgames B&M ymmv

KingNES

Banned
I went to my local EB and they had culdcept Brand New ^^ for the PS2 for 2.99, they also has everquest online adventure : frontiers for 11.99. I was also shown a company wide email showing the price drops, and checked with other local EBgames in my area, all had the price drops. So have at it. Great game for a great price.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']The sealed copies sold out before I got there, but I went ahead and got the display copy for $3. It wasn't in bad condition, but new and sealed for the same price is always better.[/quote]
I almost broke down and sprung for a display copy, but went with a new copy of The Thing (also for $2.99) instead. Good thing they (meaning every store in the district) ran out of "new" copies before I could get there. :oops: I still regret picking up Ico used (instead of new and reissued), so I keep that copy around as a reminder to buy only new (and cheap) in the future. No offense to anyone who doesn't mind. :)

Thanks for the deal! I was actually kicking myself for not picking up a used $7 copy earlier, but this makes it all better. I called all the eb's around my area and they all said they didn't have any in stock. I decided to go to one anyways, and there was the last copy of culdcept sitting right there on the shelf. So anyone that just called their eb might want to go to the store in case they were talking to a lazy worker.

I checked two stores in toledo,Oh. the one on monroe st., and the other on glendale next walmart. nothing! they did not even know about the price on it, they were shocked when I told them about it.

I honestly haven't read much of this thread at all ('bout to go to bed soon), so I apologize if this is a pointless post, but if someone could nab a lovely $3 copy of this game for me, that'd be dandy. :)

Those of you who got it for $3 are really lucky, I paid $30 for it from Capcom and I was glad to pay that, now it looks like everyone is all out o fthis game, I'll have to keep this game sealed, it'll probably be very hard to find later.

for anyone who is still looking for a copy in the NY/NJ area, i had the guy at eb do a search on what stores had them in stock.

Ramsey, NJ - should have one in stock
Queens, NY - should have 2 or more.

if anyone hits these stores and can pick me up an extra, i'd appreciated it. PM me.

[quote name='"PhrostByte"']This game is made by NEC, not Capcom.[/quote]

Dood, you burned that guy, burned him bad.

[quote name='sying'][quote name='PhrostByte']This game is made by NEC, not Capcom.[/quote]

Dood, you burned that guy, burned him bad.[/quote]

:p

[quote name='PhrostByte']This game is made by NEC, not Capcom.[/quote]

I believe Capcom may have distributed this title for NEC in the US. They were selling it on their website, along with Tube Slider (another NEC game).

I just bought a sealed Culdcept in Westport, CT. Supposedly, the EB in Trumbull, CT is supposed to have one in stock as well, but when I called they said they only have a used copy. Also grabbed a sealed Summoner 2 for $2.99. Thanks for the post OP!

If anyone is able to pick up an extra copy for me, I'd be very grateful. I'd of course pay for shipping + cost + whatever other expense there is. Someone please help me.

[quote name='Josef'][quote name='PhrostByte']This game is made by NEC, not Capcom.[/quote]

I believe Capcom may have distributed this title for NEC in the US. They were selling it on their website, along with Tube Slider (another NEC game).[/quote]

Capcom did distribute both games in the US for NEC. They had both NEC games in their booth at E3 in 2003. Too bad Capcom can't pick up the ball and see if an online version of Culdcept would be a viable option in the US (would be interesting that's for sure!)

Deal over or lying employees? :?: Located another display copy in better condition at another EB and was told it would be $32.99. :shock: Told that the $2.99 sale was for only one day. :evil:

[quote name='CameronPhD']Deal over or lying employees? :?: Located another display copy in better condition at another EB and was told it would be $32.99. :shock: Told that the $2.99 sale was for only one day. :evil:[/quote]

I grabbed a copy just yesterday @2.99, also pre owned are still 7.99, they are lying to you if they are 32.99, the game hasnt been near that price in months

I found it on the shelf with a sticker of $32.99, so I kept it on the shelf and asked the clerk if he had it, and how much it would be. He looked it up in the computer and said that it was $32.99 new or $7.99 used.

So...

[quote name='anandxxx']I found it on the shelf with a sticker of $32.99, so I kept it on the shelf and asked the clerk if he had it, and how much it would be. He looked it up in the computer and said that it was $32.99 new or $7.99 used.

So...[/quote]

I checked back again and it showed 2.99, I dont know what to say, maybe it is now a YMMV, cause other people got it after the one day it was listed.

[quote name='KingNES'][quote name='anandxxx']I found it on the shelf with a sticker of $32.99, so I kept it on the shelf and asked the clerk if he had it, and how much it would be. He looked it up in the computer and said that it was $32.99 new or $7.99 used.

So...[/quote]

I checked back again and it showed 2.99, I dont know what to say, maybe it is now a YMMV, cause other people got it after the one day it was listed.[/quote]

Yeah, I checked here, New copy for 32.99 Do not know why.

This is strange, the game was 39.99 at 1st, went down to 19.99, dropped again to 11.99 stayed there for months, dips to the sale at 2.99 and now jumps back to 32.99, with pre owns still at 7.99. OY! :shock: what confusion! Someone at EB is laughing and watching this........ The conspiracy grows... :roll:

i went to three EB's in the same mall (yea, i don't get that either), and all three of them were saying the same thing: new = $33. going to check two more at another tomorrow but i'm not putting much hope into it.

Unfortunately EB has a bad habit of doing that with games, 1 or 2 days of a sale price and then back up in price. The worst is when the game is still tagged for a low price but they won't sell it for that price (happened to me twice with other games).

I got a price check for a used copy of Culdcept, and it came up at $7.99 with a message saying "You saved $25 buying PreOwned," meaning a new copy would be $32.99.

There was a funny thing mentioned to me by a friend that works at EB...told me that a lot of stuff got marked up. Like Madden 2002 (or something stupid like that) was marked up to like $22.99.

He told me that they just marked up a lot of games...god knows why on some of them....?

[quote name='Zon27']Like Madden 2002 (or something stupid like that) was marked up to like $22.99.[/quote]

:rofl:

If anyone buys this, the receipt should say "You spent $20 by being OWNED"

[quote name='camoor'][quote name='Zon27']Like Madden 2002 (or something stupid like that) was marked up to like $22.99.[/quote]

:rofl:

If anyone buys this, the receipt should say "You spent $20 by being OWNED"[/quote]
:lol:

I can confirm this price as I snagged one for a gift today. I was really hoping for the $2.99 deal, but it rang up as the aforementioned price. But I got in on the MGS3 deal so I guess I shouldn't complain. This was at the Bham, AL Galleria store btw.

TaFFeR :?

[quote name='62t']The last ime I was at gamestop (many months ago) they have it for $20 new, so maybe check there instead.[/quote]

I have seen the same at GS.

I got mine for $7.99 PO at EB, so I decided to pass on this deal, but was very tempted as I saw one in store at $2.99. All I can say is great deal post KingNES, but it appears over now. Maybe time to put [DEAD] in the title.

None of the stores in the Dayton, OH have them(trust me, I went to all of them). I did try Gamestop to see if they had it, but nothing, but did notice that Alias took a price drop there to $9.99 new for PS2 and Xbox.

bread's done
Back