Culdcept Saga (360) 19.99 new eb/gs

roc's feather

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Yes well, I was in a gamestop today picking up some things and noticed that Culdcept Saga for the 360 is now 19.99 new and 17.99 used (unfortunately it isn't available new online, only used). Although the website says that it is 39.99 new, I'm not tempted to believe that this is a YMMV deal, as there is such an odd disparity between the two price points. It would be nice if someone from a different store than mine could confirm the new copy price everywhere though.

Can't recommend this game enough.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I seriously have no idea what you're getting at... 1) wtf does my avatar have to do with it? 2) I've played in the world championships for two CCGs (SWCCG, L5R) over the years. Culdcept is not a traditional CCG and the designer himself has commented in the past that being able to get glances at your opponent's cards is part of the game design.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, why else would they do it in the 1 player game vs. the computer if it wasn't part of the strategy?

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']This might be a controversial thought, but a general rule for me is, if someone has an anime avatar, they're probably going to recommend anything and everything with an anime style.

IGN's rating, 'passable,' combined with the fact that you can see your opponent's cards, makes me hesitate, even at $20. It sounds like an XBLA game.[/quote]

That's pretty close-minded of you. I can't stand anime and I don't mind the style of this game at all. You might want to download the demo if it's still up on XBL, because it's actually pretty fun...

Anybody know how it compares to Eye of Judgement on PS3? I've had EOJ for a while and decided to set it up and play it last night. You know what? It's pretty good, albeit a little repetitive (since it's so close to a board game).

I hesitated to buy this before because of the complaints i've heard about the computer "cheating". But at this price I can't pass it up. Thanks OP

Computers don't really cheat. They do have different decks, and different AIs. For example, some AIs will save thier items and never invade your land unless they are 100% guaranteed to win, some will whittle down your HPs by invading multiple times (paying the summoning fee + toll cost.)

Some of the game is based on luck (dice roll, card drawing,) so I can see where some people would get a bad string of luck and think they got cheated on.

[quote name='silks']Anybody know how it compares to Eye of Judgement on PS3? I've had EOJ for a while and decided to set it up and play it last night. You know what? It's pretty good, albeit a little repetitive (since it's so close to a board game).[/QUOTE]

Leaps and bounds better, for one reason: when you buy Culdcept, you can unlock every card in the game through play. Every time you play a game - every time - you get cards, more cards for placing higher. With EOJ, you'll need to spend an untold sum in blind packs to get the cards you need to make the deck you want.

I just found the original Culdecept at gamecrazy and picked it up as part as the 4 for 10$, loved it. I'll definitley go get this one today, thanks OP!

Picked it up a little while ago at around the $29 or $34 price point before coupon/edge. I'll have to try to dig up my receipt and see if I can get a refund on the difference.

[quote name='placebo1']Picked it up a little while ago at around the $29 or $34 price point before coupon/edge. I'll have to try to dig up my receipt and see if I can get a refund on the difference.[/quote]

as long as your "little while" was less than a week then yes, otherwise no.

Had BB price-match it. Supposedly they only PM if the nearest competitor (GS in this case) has the item new and in stock at the low price ($19.99) when they call to confirm the price.I knew the GS nearest BB didn't, I had just checked. Luckily for me, the guy in electronics was lazy and sent me to the service desk to have the guy there call. Seeing as the poor guy at the s. desk was swamped, I asked the electronics guy if he could just call himself. "Yeah, I don't think so," he said, sounding more clueless than a-holish. So I roll my eyes and wait...and wait. By the time the customer service guy gets to me he's already called for help about three times to no avail. "Don't sweat it," I say."I too work retail and I know how frustrating it is when nobody helps you while there's 3 other employees just floating around with their thumbs up their butts". At this he looks at the phone and says " I don't even care if the store loses money, I'm just gonna match it--how much was it at GS?". As I left, I couldn't help but wonder what other game I could have had "PM"; perhaps Disgaea 3 at also $19.99? Oh well, at least my conscience is clear... :)

This might end up being a universal drop... Game Crazy dropped it to $19.99 the other day. So, for anybody hasn't been able to find it anywhere else try there.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Nice, I may go and pick that up with the 20% off coupon.[/quote]

picked one up used today near me 14.xx w/ the 20% off not too shabby

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']See page one of this thread. If you have an anime or Japanese game avatar, you're probably going to blindly recommend anything in the anime style.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's as ignorant a comment as me saying that, because you're from Texas, you're going to blindly recommend any hick game (like the new bull riding game for the Wii)... never knew that having a pic from FFVIII would be so controversial...

For someone who has the PS2 version, is there really any reason to recommend this version, especially if I don't care about playing online?

[quote name='rperez1025']For someone who has the PS2 version, is there really any reason to recommend this version, especially if I don't care about playing online?[/QUOTE]

except for the battles, the single player has been completly been revamped. Like for instance, there is an actual story to the game.

I picked it up used. I used my 20% off cell phone coupon plus the 10% edge. I didn't get the "10% off all used XBOX 360 games" but it came out to 13$. It came with the box art and manual so...

I hate the jerk-offs at GS, they hate it cause I use their specials to rip them and then they act like arse wipes cause you expect to get a manual with a trade in. I traded in 2 incredibly mint games with boxes, manuals, etc (Call of Juarez and Overlord--originally paid $23 for both and got $21 in credit and Vision cam + another $12)and they inspect the crap out'em and then get pissy when you want to inspect the garbage they try to sell you! Oh well, rant over, I got this for my kid for $14 in trade credit and an EB card back with another $18 and change. Use the heck out of them if you can!

[quote name='daminion']as long as your "little while" was less than a week then yes, otherwise no.[/quote]

Yeah I found the receipt - SOL but no biggie. Still a sweet game. :mrgreen:

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Wow, that's as ignorant a comment as me saying that, because you're from Texas, you're going to blindly recommend any hick game (like the new bull riding game for the Wii)... never knew that having a pic from FFVIII would be so controversial...[/quote]

Actually, your comment is of far greater ignorance, because Texas is not a 'hick' state, maybe you're thinking of Alabama or something.

Also, I never recommended a bull riding game to anyone, but you posted recommending this one. Go ahead, look through my posting history if you'd like.

Finally, deciding what constitutes a 'hick' game is a lot different that seeing that a game has an anime style. And don't tell me you don't think this game has an anime style, because that's just stupid.

Traded in a couple of weeks ago. It's a decent game. Very strategic, but matches, especially in the later levels, last forever and it was hard for me to find people online. I just didn't have the patience for it but may pick it up later.

Don't expect "next-gen" graphics either. It looks like a PS2 game.

Not sure if somebody already mentioned it, but I picked it up for $19.99 at Best Buy. Was clearly marked $19.99 on the placeholders as well.

For anyone hesitating, this is one of my favorite 360 games and I probably have spent more time playing it than any other. I need to get back into it for some of the harder achievements. I thought it was well worth the original $39.99 price.

And it does not look like a PS2 game - it is very crisp looking with no jaggies like I'd imagine the PS2 version would be (I never played the PS2 version). I mean, sure, it doesn't blow you away with its poly count, but it really isn't that type of game. The graphics do the job here and are nice enough (and definitely HD).

[quote name='io']And it does not look like a PS2 game - it is very crisp looking with no jaggies like I'd imagine the PS2 version would be (I never played the PS2 version). I mean, sure, it doesn't blow you away with its poly count, but it really isn't that type of game. The graphics do the job here and are nice enough (and definitely HD).[/quote]

Like io, I, too, have both the PS2 and 360 versions, and I agree: the 360 graphics, especially on an HDTV, are much improved compared to the PS2 graphics. The artwork really shines in HD.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Nice, I may go and pick that up with the 20% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Where do I get this 20% off coupon from? I checked the forums but I couldn't find anything about it.

bread's done
Back