r-type final
(any shooter)
guilty gear x, xx
capcom vs. series
culdcept
Gradius
King of Fighter 2002/2002
probably Street Fighter AC

"Possibly one of the rarest PS2 games around these days, with rumours of less than 5,000 units shipped. "

...they're talking about Fantavision.

I mean, im one of the few that loved that game...but only 5000 copies, while you can got to EB and swim in a kiddie pool filled with them? wow.

[quote name='Wshakspear']"Possibly one of the rarest PS2 games around these days, with rumours of less than 5,000 units shipped. "

...they're talking about Fantavision.

I mean, im one of the few that loved that game...but only 5000 copies, while you can got to EB and swim in a kiddie pool filled with them? wow.[/quote]

its a European site

[quote name='Wshakspear']"Possibly one of the rarest PS2 games around these days, with rumours of less than 5,000 units shipped. "

...thier talking about Fantavision.

I mean, im one of the few that loved that game...but only 5000 copies, while you can got to EB and swim in a kiddie pool filled with them? wow.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. I too am one of the few that enjoy that puzzler and a lot. You can get that game nearly anywhere for $5-8 used and even some places $5 for a new copy. But we must keep in mind that this is for Europe so it may be different over there.

well, when the entire country got 5 thousand, and the gamestop down the way has a quarter-million, its just odd. :)

Yeah, the list on that site is skewed quite a bit due to the releases being either much later, or exclusively thier.

Well, this list really pertains to what is "cult" in Europe, as certain titles such a Sly Cooper were actually successful in the US. But there are many games that are in the list that ring true here, as well. I'm glad to see that Amplitude was on the list, because it's one of few PS2 games that deserves a lot more attention than it was given, and yet it was good. I'm a bit shocked to find Shox on the list. It wasn't a terrible racing game (just limited), but I wouldn't have thought of that game as being a cult classic. And it's funny how games like Ico and Fantavision are hard to find over there and not here.

If they forgot any games, I might have included Ridge Racer V on the list. It wasn't that successful, despite being a launch title (if it were successful, it would be a GH). A lot of people discared the game as nothing more than a "remake" of the first Ridge Racer. Really, it's not. It's an enjoyable and forgottoen entry in the Ridge Racer series. Sure, it's no R4, but it's still fun.

Oh, and if you're wondering what Project Zero is (if no one has yet said it), it's Fatal Frame. After you look at the description and see it's by Tecmo, it's obvious that the game is Fatal Frame.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']most people think its shit, but im gonna say aggressive inline[/quote]

No, not everyone. I really liked the game, because it was different and it had some pretty tight gameplay. I also think that this game finally got the Tony Hawk franchise to ditch the timer during runs, because it was actually a GOOD idea to do so. I hated doing 2 or 3 minute runs, but Aggressive Inline was one of the first games to abandon that notion. If Acclaim wasn't so sloppy on it's business practices, this game could have been a big hit, but we're all too familliar with that story.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Thought of another, Magic Pengel.[/quote]

i agree, pengel was a super fun underated game...great imagination and design

I collect games, but only GOOD games. Many of the games in this list may be limited runs, but if they suck, who really cares? Fantavision? Come on.

ICO is a fantastic game. Last I looked, BB still had them in stock (B&M) for $14.99. This game is well worth it. I paid $50 for it when it launched and it's never left my collection. You can complete the game in about 5 hours, but those will be some fun hours. Pick this one up when you get a chance.

bread's done
Back