Curb Your Enthusiasm

saunderscowie

CAGiversary!
Any fans of the show? (I did search before creating this thread).

I got series 5&6 for Christmas and already watched both. It's easily the best television show I have seen and really hope for a 7th series.

Any favourite moments, characters?

I absolutely love Curb, and agree its one of the funniest shows ever. Probably the first 4 seasons i loved most and then noticed a bit of a downturn, but most shows dont last anywhere near that long and stay that good! I guess Larry is gonna come out with a new season again...

The best episode is still the first one I ever saw, when I randomly stumbled upon the show doing some late night channel surfing. From the first season, Larry has to place an obituary in the paper for his "Beloved Aunt"...and, well, there's an unfortunate typo. :D

Please tell me you have seen more than Seasons 5 & 6 cause they don't even compare to the early seasons....

Though, I think the best Episode is Carpool Lane, a more recent ep.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']there is a new season coming out this year, HBO hasnt announced when it will be shown[/quote]

Been waiting a looooooong time for this news. I'll re-up with HBO when we find out about the new air dates.

CYE is definitely one of the best shows on TV, if not the best.

3-way tie between "Arrested Development", "Psyche" and "Curb".

[quote name='shieryda']Is this thread dead now?[/QUOTE] Not anymore.
The premiere was good, the 2nd was better & I have high hopes for the Seinfeld episode on Sunday.

I'm glad they got rid of the rest of the Blacks and kept Leon since he was the only one really adding anything to the show anymore.

So I watched the first season box set a few months ago. There were some kind of amusing parts in it, (I did like the episode about the dead aunt) but overall I thought it was pretty 'meh'. Does it get better, or do I just not get the humor?

Leon is by far my favorite character. The scene in the hardware store was hilarious.

So I watched the first season box set a few months ago. There were some kind of amusing parts in it, (I did like the episode about the dead aunt) but overall I thought it was pretty 'meh'. Does it get better, or do I just not get the humor?

I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it as much as the rest of us. There's probably no hope for you for the other seasons if you didn't get the humor in Season 1.

I wanted to see this show, but since I heard it was like Seinfield I'll be PASSING. All the clips I've seen have re-enforced this too.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that I was REAAAALLLY hoping that Larry would bring Michael Richards over to meet the Black family. Meeting just Leon will probably just be uncomfortable, rather than funny.

I have to watch series 7 online because it doesn't broadcast in the UK. Both first two episodes were great i'm so happy the series is still as strong as ever.

I strongly recommend sticking with the show if you've started but aren't feeling it yet. It gets so good.

I have yet to get really far in the series. I saw the first few episodes but got sleepy.
I did see some clips in the PBS special "Make 'em Laugh" and they were better...
I might watch the Seinfeld episodes.

Yeah Vehicular Fellatio is now up there in my favorite episodes. Right now, in order:

1. Chet's Shirt (Season 3 Premiere)
2. Freak Book (Season 7)
3. Vehicular Fellatio

Seriously....episode one was sorta weak and unfocused, but they turned things around quickly in episode 2...Leon saying "we lego...WE fuckED HER" was almost too much for me.

I finally caught up last night. I really loved both episodes but the second one was one of the funniest 1/2 hours of TV I've ever seen. It was seriously perfect. I hope Leon sticks around for a few more episodes. The scene in the restaurant where Larry wouldn't kiss that girl goodbye or share the drink was hilarious.

"I think you can be gay by proxy"

"I think you blew him"

[quote name='VipFREAK']I wanted to see this show, but since I heard it was like Seinfield I'll be PASSING. All the clips I've seen have re-enforced this too.[/QUOTE]

You may want to reconsider. My girlfriend hates Seinfeld and she loves Curb your Enthusiasm, and I really don't think Seinfeld is that great (and hasn't really held up as well over time) and I really like Curb your Enthusiasm. The lack of censorship and laugh track, the quality of filming and music, and the whole improv nature of the story and dialogue is what makes it very different and better in my opinion.

What happened to this thread? It was getting some good responses 2 weeks ago.:D

Last night's episode was freakin' great. I'm glad that
Leon is back.
That scene in Larry's house had me laughing so hard that I almost threw up.

"Did you do your dizzle?"

[quote name='gareman']You may want to reconsider. My girlfriend hates Seinfeld and she loves Curb your Enthusiasm, and I really don't think Seinfeld is that great (and hasn't really held up as well over time) and I really like Curb your Enthusiasm. The lack of censorship and laugh track, the quality of filming and music, and the whole improv nature of the story and dialogue is what makes it very different and better in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree--I despise Seinfeld but Curb is one of my favorite shows of all time. The actors/characters in Curb are just infinitely more likable than those in Seinfeld, in my opinion.

Leon - 'i would have bend that bitch like beckham'

$$$$

last weeks episode wasn't that great to me but this episode was fantastic.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']denise handicap, wendy wheelchair. that was awesome.[/QUOTE]

That was so unbelievably funny.

[quote name='naiku']last weeks episode wasn't that great to me but this episode was fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Larry fighting Rosie was pretty great, too.

Choosing to save the Blackberry over Sammy was great.

And what about last week's yelling "Shut the fuck up!" to Sammy. Man, she's gonna end up killing Larry one day.

Nancy "Big Tits". I know Nancy got big ass tits. And Janelle "Sweet Ass"... that's the only way I know who the fuck that is.

I want to hang out with Leon.

The best part about this show is that whenever Larry meets up with Jeff and Suzie or with the Dansons is that they're all buddy-buddy with each other, and then a fight breaks out and they start yelling and cussing at each other. Then, the next time they all see each other, they're all friends again.

or how about larry now back to back episodes it fades to credits when he is about to get his ass kicked. Last week ER chicks bf in the alley. this week Rosie up the stairs.

Oh, yeah! I wanna know if that dude beat his ass! He had no bruises this past episode, and there was no reference to it.

The crashing noises at the end of this week's were priceless.

[quote name='shieryda']Slightly OT (but not really), you should all try and watch Wanda Sykes' comedy special on HBO this month.[/QUOTE]

ive liked wanda sykes in various tv shows, but ive never been a fan of her stand up.

bread's done
Back