Current Value of a BC PS3?

mission42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
Hi, I have a launch 20 gig Fully BC PS3 I'm thinking about selling and wondering what I could roughly expect to get out of it through a local sale or on here maybe. I try to avoid Ebay and Amazon as much as possible so I don't really want to go by those prices. Any ideas would be great.

A litle info on it, system runs great, never had a problem and I've never actually played it too much. Only the exclusive games pretty much and watched some blu-rays. I'd guess maybe 200 hours of playtime total. It's never been modded and still has the original hard drive. Never opened or anything like that either, still complete with box as well. Thanks for any info guys!

I guess it depends on the person who wants it. I live in AZ so I would say around $150-$180 depending on what comes with it. Post it on Craigslist and just uplay the fact that it is BC im sure someone will bite for the right price.

[quote name='mission42']Hi, I have a launch 20 gig Fully BC PS3 I'm thinking about selling and wondering what I could roughly expect to get out of it through a local sale or on here maybe. I try to avoid Ebay and Amazon as much as possible so I don't really want to go by those prices. Any ideas would be great.

A litle info on it, system runs great, never had a problem and I've never actually played it too much. Only the exclusive games pretty much and watched some blu-rays. I'd guess maybe 200 hours of playtime total. It's never been modded and still has the original hard drive. Never opened or anything like that either, still complete with box as well. Thanks for any info guys![/QUOTE]

Probably around $200, since the lack of Wi-Fi is nearly as annoying as newer models lacking BC. No one wants to run an ethernet cord to their systems anymore.

I think $200 is a little high. If you're putting it on craigslist than I would say $200 because you can expect to be haggled down a bit. If you're trying to sell it on here, well, you better come down in price a bit. Maybe $175 if you're lucky.

[quote name='kikoman']FYI the old models have wireless internet on it[/QUOTE]

The 20GB model does not, FYI. Do some research.

I have an original 60GB BC with wireless which was swapped for a 500 GB HDD. The original one came with wireless built in.

[quote name='blackhole82']I have an original 60GB BC with wireless which was swapped for a 500 GB HDD. The original one came with wireless built in.[/QUOTE]

60GB and 20GB models were very different. One was considered the premium model (60GB), and one was considered the basic model (20GB). The 60GB model had many features that the 20GB model did not, wireless internet among them.

Again, please do some research before posting.

If you have a launch unit that has not been refurbed, your value may not be so great considering it will probably go YLOD soon. I also have a launch 20GB (250GB) unit and I recently had to resurrect it with the old heat gun trick.

Yeah the 20gb backwards compatiable is not worth as much anymore.

Its used only 20 gb probably 175 is a somewhat fair price.

The problem is a used newer unit is going about 225 and a used PS2 is about 35-50. New units at 299 and 99 respectively.

Hmm, well thanks for the prices fellas. I thought they were worth a bit more than that still. I think I'll probably just hang on to it then because I'd have to replace it with a blu-ray player at least so there goes another $70 or so dollars out of what I'd sell it for. Including the few games I bought on PSN I might as well just hang on to it I think.

bread's done
Back