Custom/Modified New Nintendo 3DSXL Pull N Go Folio

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
I do not know if this is the right place to post this, but I figured I'd share. If it is the wrong place I do apologize.

So I got a New Nintendo 3DSXL MM edition and was always interested in Pull N Go Folios for my Vita/3DS, but never found one for a good price. They aren't really sold new anymore for less than $30 anywhere. Used they can be had for the ORIGINAL 3DS for like $20 on eBay, the ones for the XL are a bitch to find unless you get lucky or want to spend $30+.

A week or two ago I found a Vita Pull N Go on eBay for like $13 shipped, I got it and really like it, so began looking for one that would work for my N3DSXL. After some research I determined unless I want to spend $40+ I would need to buy a brand new Pull N Go for the ORIGINAL 3DS and modify it work with a New 3DSXL.

Here are the results of my endeavor

$13-Hori Duraflexi Clear Protector

$3(currently $5)-Insignia Go Case

$7-3DS (non-XL) Pull N Go Folio

$4-Velcro Strips (I had some velcro lying around so didn't need to buy this)

So the total cost for everything for me was $23+tax, so around $25. It could be as high as $30 if you need the velcro.

What this gets me is standalone small form case that holds my system and 3 games. And then a spot in the bigger case that holds an additional 21 games, car charger, and small spare stylus. I wouldn't be able to also fit a full wall charger in this case along with everything else, but I can easily fit my preferred charging method, a $1 USB 3DS charge cable that lets me charge it from any car/wall USB adapter. The only reason my car charger is in this I had one laying around so figured this was the best place to keep it.

I won't lie it is a tight fit, but it doesn't worry me or anything, I really do like it and for the cost I get basically triple layer protection on my N3DSXL with the ability to take only the bits and pieces I need.

Here is an album of the finished project.
http://imgur.com/a/yK2F9#0

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back