Custom soundtrack in ExciteTruck?

botticus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2006/11/02/excitetruck-to-allow-custom-soundtracks/

etsound.jpg

Looks that way.

That would be great... hopefully it'll let us use custom STs via external HDs or if not, SD cards would be fine as you can find 2GB ones for a very good price.

I wish the Wii had an iPod jack so I could play my entire music library while gaming.

Hmmm, I might be on to something here...

[quote name='Empyrical']I wish the Wii had an iPod jack so I could play my entire music library while gaming.

Hmmm, I might be on to something here...[/QUOTE]

The Wii has a USB slot, right? I connect my iPod to my Wii via chord from the USB slot...hmmm...I wonder if this would actually work?

That's cool, a reason to buy an SD card. Like Vinny said, 2GB cards are so cheap, it's really the perfect solution. That holds plenty of music for a few game playlists, no doubt.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']That's cool, a reason to buy an SD card. Like Vinny said, 2GB cards are so cheap, it's really the perfect solution. That holds plenty of music for a few game playlists, no doubt.[/QUOTE]

NO! I need at least 10 gigs of metal all the time!

\m/

[quote name='Blind the Thief']The Wii has a USB slot, right? I connect my iPod to my Wii via chord from the USB slot...hmmm...I wonder if this would actually work?[/QUOTE]
That would be pretty amazing. WiiPod.

[quote name='Empyrical']That would be pretty amazing. WiiPod.[/QUOTE]

Hell, they're pretty much jacking Apple's style anyway...might as well make 'em compatible.

Now I just have to buy an SD card. Glad to see Nintendo is implementing something like this... and is allowing you to use MP3s.

The custom soundtrack option makes the game sound a little more appealing to me. Maybe I'll throw the game on my wishlist this year...

I know my dad's digital camera has an SD card slot. So I'm wondering if I could get MP3's onto the card that way. I doubt it will work, but it's worth a shot...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I know my dad's digital camera has an SD card slot. So I'm wondering if I could get MP3's onto the card that way. I doubt it will work, but it's worth a shot...[/QUOTE]

...Card readers are $10. Just go buy one.

[quote name='botticus']Confirmed.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/745/745360p1.html

100 song max, which I'm thinking is more than enough. Now I just need to figure out a way to get stuff onto an SD card.[/QUOTE]
"Seen during the Nintendo Fusion Tour, gamers had been reporting that an option in Excite Truck allowed for users to implement their own music, though whenever attempting to enter the option screen they were promptly interrupted by Nintendo reps."

How fascist of them.

[quote name='gizmogc']...Card readers are $10. Just go buy one.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I would have thought they were more expensive then that...

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I know my dad's digital camera has an SD card slot. So I'm wondering if I could get MP3's onto the card that way. I doubt it will work, but it's worth a shot...[/quote]

You've undoubtedly figured it out by now but ...

Thats actually how I did it. I put the sd in the camera and plug the camera into the computer, it gets recognized as a removable drive. Not all cameras work that way but many/most do.

bread's done
Back