Customizing an Xbox 360 with vinyl skins, worth it?

omgu8myrice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey guys, i have decided to purchase a second xbox 360 for a home i stay at over the weekends. the only problem is that the xbox 360 is white, and my tv stand, tv, and all other components are extremely high gloss back, and it looks absolutely terrible with the 360 on it. purchasing the elite really isnt an option..

so anyway, i looked around, and found some stuff including...
http://www.dansdecals.com/Xbox-360-Black-Chrome-Skin-P33C9.aspx
and
http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/2,205.htm

Im looking for a plain (preferably glossy) black skin for it. Im just worrysome about the quality of these things, if they actually look legit, or if they make the 360 sticky, etc...

Has anyone had any experiences with buying this sorta thing?

[quote name='Chronicus_Prime']I bet they will cause your console to overheat. Ias going to too bbut then i decided not to.[/quote]

As long as they don't cover the air holes overheating shouldn't be a problem.

I bought one off of eBay a year ago in an abstract design, and I still enjoy seeing it. It was cut to avoid blocking the airholes, and gives a nice look to the 360.

Haven't taken it off to check for stickiness, though.

Personally, I have yet to see any good looking skins. My friend had one of those sticker-like skins and he removed it. It didn't seem to leave on any type of sticky material on it.

I have the Dan's Decals kit for the HD-DVD drive. It looks alright; still way better the a lone white component in a black world. You better have hands of a sniper though. It's really hard to make it *perfect*.

Also, the instructions weren't very good. I know it's only stickers, but the kit only came with generic application instructions. I had to figure out which piece went where, etc.

I have a vinyl skin from DecalGirl and I only get good responses about it. To prevent overheating there are holes cut in the skin for the vents.

They take a while to get on right but it looks really cool when it's done.

They don't leave residue either. I had a matching skin for my iPod and I decided to take it off and it didn't leave any residue

i dont know if i should go with dansdecals (10$ cheaper) or decalgirl (seems to be more reliable and well known)

^ can either of you two offer some pics? =)

DecalGirl is great. I have matching skins for my DS, iPod, Wii, and wiimotes; amazing quality and die-cut around the speaker output on the wiimotes and DS.

bread's done
Back