D-Link DI-604 and Xbox Live router troubles

BackInBlack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Im having trouble to connect to other people's parties with routers and their security being too high and what not, wondering if anyone knows how to tone down the security or if its permanent. Thanks

Damn, I have this same router. I can't join using party invites sometimes...sometimes I can. I called Xbox Live support, and they basically said what you see on the screen:

[quote name='Xbox Live']Sorry about that.[/quote]

The support guy said it was a solution in progress. How did you figure it was related to security settings? Like I said, its an intermittent problem, but it is annoying as hell nonetheless.

Yeah when i looked at the xbox live site you can get information on routers and it talks about all sorts of the security connections for routers, NAT in particular, and if their level is higher than urs you cant join, and vice versa. I dont know how to change this.

[quote name='CheapyD']Get to the routers admin screen via your web browser.
Find out your Xbox's MAC-Address and/or IP address by checking the log.

Put one of those numbers in the DMZ.

I recommend you check out CheapyD's Cheap Ass Guide to Secure Online Gaming for more info.[/quote]

That'll probably work. Also, I have the DI-624 so I'm sure the setup/firmware is pretty similar. When checking for firmware updates, I noticed two newer revisions than the one I had but neither said they were Xbox Live compatible, so I didn't update the router. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I figured since they didn't give it a stamp of approval, I wasn't going to take a chance and decided to keep the version that was compatible. You may want to flash the firmware back to one that has the approval stamp if the DMZ addition doesn't work. With routers, usually if it ain't broke, don't mess with it. They can be real picky and a pain in the ass to get working again.

bread's done
Back