D2D 25% off $49.95+ working on preorders! CoD Black Ops ($44.96) DA2 Sig Ed. PC

aznguyen316

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
25% off $49.95+ orders, it states *not available for pre-orders but I went through checkout with CoD: Black Ops and the discount was there. Invoice shows $44.96 authorized charge with the discount taken off, so who knows what will happen.

http://www.direct2drive.com

at checkout enter promo code "bigsavings" ends Nov. 8, 2010 @ 10AM PST?

Notable discounts:
Fallout New Vegas $37.46
Civ V $37.46
Brink $37.46
Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition $44.96
Call of Duty Black Ops $44.96
Two Worlds II $37.46

holidayshopping_226x225.jpg

Hi Jonathan XXXXXX, thanks for choosing Direct2Drive.com!

Thanks for your purchase and for making IGN Entertainment your complete source for online entertainment.

Below is a summary of the software registrations or services that you've signed up for. Your PayPal account has been charged by "Direct2Drive" for the amount shown.

Please print out this e-mail! We may ask for some of this information if you need to contact customer service in the future.

ORDER INFORMATION

Call of Duty®: Black Ops $44.96
Tax $0.00
Total $44.96

For those asking how the pre-order works for CoD: Black Ops. You can start pre-loading after placing the order. The pre-load is a steam installer. Anyone familiar with using the backup system on Steam, it's similar to that, or installing a steamworks game via DVD etc. The KEY will be sent Tuesday morning to activate the game. So think like the pre-load is an ISO to let you install but you need a KEY to complete install.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is Steamworks; but I'd like to be able to play at midnight.... Anybody know when D2D will send me the code; and if Steam will be ready to go at midnight on Monday night/tuesday morning?

Thank you!

If you buy a Steamworks game from D2D, you basically would get the game key from D2D; input the Game Key into Steam; and can then download your game from Steam, right?

Not bad on New Vegas, but kinda hesitant to buy games right now thinking they might be cheaper for BF. Could easily see this go down to $30 or less then.

[quote name='MysterD']If you buy a Steamworks game from D2D, you basically would get the game key from D2D; input the Game Key into Steam; and can then download your game from Steam, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Did the same thing with Civ 5.

I just hate how they charge tax. How do I get them not to charge me tax!!

[quote name='solidsmooky']Yup. Did the same thing with Civ 5.

I just hate how they charge tax. How do I get them not to charge me tax!![/QUOTE]

I think maybe if you use paypal their might not be any taxes?

I couldn't get it to work though. But perhaps because I was trying to pre-order item. The code did work for me. Thanks OP.

>>>Oh in the OP he has an example, used paypal and no tax like I suspected.

yeah I didn't try paying with a VISA so I'm not sure if tax would've popped up or not, I just had ~$50 in my paypal balance so I used that. No tax really helps. I haven't bought from D2D before but since this is a Steamworks game (as is Civ V, F:NV) I didn't hesistate as I knew I could just go over to steam to enter my key. I'm just curious as to what the pre-load is? Is it basically similar to the dvd and it will install using steam?

As for those who are hesitant, 25% is pretty good, last year from what I remember grabbing on BF in terms of PC games, Dragon Age Origins on Steam's thanksgiving sale was ~25% off, I got it for $38 so I believe 25% is a very competitive price for games that released within the last month for BF sales..

I pretty much refuse to get a CoD at launch on PC anymore. Thanks to this post though I did get some cheap-ish New Vegas action so that's a plus. Thanks OP.

thumbs up JP

also I can confirm the pre-load for Black Ops from direct2drive is basically a Steam installer lol, nice. I guess D2D couldn't help but get some sales money from CoD although it's sending the users back to the competition.

Does anybody know if you can cancel a pre-order on Direct2Drive? Reason I ask is because I received a 25% off birthday code at the EA store last year and I used that in conjunction w/ a Christmas sale code to buy Dragon Age: Origins Deluxe for about $30. I was going to see if they send me another code this year to buy Dragon Age II. I would order this one from D2D in case EA doesn't come through, but cancel it if I do end up getting a birthday code.

Is it me or does CoD not let you check out right now? It says it was added to my cart but when I go to check out it doesn't show anything in the cart...

[quote name='dabamus']I tried again in Chrome and it worked. Seems to be a bug with Safari.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I guess I did read there is a bug with Safari. So yeah don't use Safari to checkout! I used Chrome as well (OSX).

[quote name='killerthrust']if i preorder black ops and get the 20% off coupon for another cod game, would i be able to stack it with the 25% on mw2?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately no, since the 25% off ends on Monday and you won't get the 20% code until Tuesday when they send you that discount code upon game's release.

---
I'm a bit surprised this is still working. Figured D2D would've caught on by now with the pre-orders going through for 25%. Hah oh well!
Also surprised this isn't getting more play, $45 no tax (PAYPAL) is a great deal, personally $15 off instantly beats $20 off in the future, since the future is never guaranteed lol - by this I mean failure to receive code, forget to use it, don't end up using it lol. But having said that I still am double dipped with 360 version on Amazon.

I've seen about ~$4, but if you have paypal, might as well pay with that and just link it to the card you were going to pay with. To me big difference between $45 and $49

[quote name='aznguyen316']I've seen about ~$4, but if you have paypal, might as well pay with that and just link it to the card you were going to pay with. To me big difference between $45 and $49[/QUOTE]

*Looks back at some digital receipts*
Well, I bought two games from them, totaling $9.90 (before tax).
They charged me 62 cents tax.

Is there a flat tax % rate on D2D or something?

Did anyone buy FO: New Vegas; use "Bigsavings" coupon; not use Paypal; use Credit card; and pay tax?
If so - how much was tax?

EDIT:
Okay, signed into my D2D account just to see what it would cost for FO: New Vegas PC:
$37.49 + $2.34 for tax = $39.80.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah great for pc gamers. seems it is hit our miss for discounts for this group when it comes to sales on titles you actually want.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I've seen about ~$4, but if you have paypal, might as well pay with that and just link it to the card you were going to pay with. To me big difference between $45 and $49[/QUOTE]

Curious: why is there tax w/ a Credit card on D2D, but no tax through Paypal?

no tax with my CC either...guess it depends where you live? regardless I ordered Cod:BO anyone else getting it and looking for steam friends feel free to add me!

Steam: BGriff2007

[quote name='BGriffith']no tax with my CC either...guess it depends where you live? regardless I ordered Cod:BO anyone else getting it and looking for steam friends feel free to add me!

Steam: BGriff2007[/QUOTE]

Added you.

bread's done
Back