D2D Medal of Honor

Thanks for the post. I was going to grab, but from what I'm reading on the net is they're saying the MP is dead, so I think I'll pass (unless anyone can prove otherwise, please do).

[quote name='prettycrazy']Thanks for the post. I was going to grab, but from what I'm reading on the net is they're saying the MP is dead, so I think I'll pass (unless anyone can prove otherwise, please do).[/QUOTE]

I play the MP often. I had been playing nearly every night for the past month until I got Crysis 2 few days ago, I'll probably go back to MoH MP once I finish C2's singleplayer (which is surprisingly long!). The community is definitely small, but it's still alive. I never have trouble finding a mostly-full server between 9 pm - 11 pm on the East Coast. I primarily play Combat Mission (similar to BC2's Rush mode) or Team Deathmatch. There are some other modes that are basically dead.

The single player of the game is short but fun, and for $7.50 I think it's worth it. I got the game for $20 from a Newegg deal and I don't regret it.

$6 with promo code CAG.

Doesn't work for me though, I try to pay with PayPal and it gives me a server error. Then I tried to pay with a credit card and they asked me to enter a phone number so I could get an automated call that provides a secure PIN (how is that secure? You can put in any phone number...). Anyway, that didn't work either, giving me a "We are unable to process your call. Please contact Customer Service for further assistance" error.

I'm 0/2 trying to buy stuff from them. Their site sucks.

* edit: don't use dashes in your phone number. Whoever wrote the software for their website is a noob.

[quote name='gamestud']Sorry me new to posting[/QUOTE]

Good find!, dont mind the trolls, I clicked and found the price to be a nice surprise. In for 1. Besides if it takes you finding more deals like this and sharing them with us in order to improve your posting I am all in. :)

I'd just like to emphasize that the single player, although enjoyable, is SHORT. It took me 4 hours on Hard. Still a great deal if you're not really worried about the dollar per hour ratio.

[quote name='mac101010']I'd just like to emphasize that the single player, although enjoyable, is SHORT. It took me 4 hours on Hard. Still a great deal if you're not really worried about the dollar per hour ratio.[/QUOTE]

The game costs 6 dollars.

And I hate the dollars per hour valuation of a game.

Excellent game. Was worth the $60 I paid last year in my opinion.
Very sad when games like Shit Ops get praised, while MoH got shit on by reviewers who didn't get their usual bribe checks :cry:

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Excellent game. Was worth the $60 I paid last year in my opinion.
Very sad when games like Shit Ops get praised, while MoH got shit on by reviewers who didn't get their usual bribe checks :cry:[/QUOTE]

I got the PS3 Medal of Honor from GameFly, not even worth $14. The graphics are horrible and the noob action is as bad as during the beta test. This is coming from an frequent BFBC2 player.

Stick with COD, their graphics from 2007 on are way better than this POS MOH game.

Yeah, I don't see this going any lower than $6. I don't even mind D2D's downloader. always works fine for me. Hope these deals are this good all month long!

[quote name='mattcube64']With EA's DL Manager, can you burn the file to a disc? Or does their DRM prevent that?[/QUOTE]
They've changed it radically and streamlined it.

What's different now is - now, in your within any of your game's folder(s) that you have attached to EADM, there's also a small additional INSTALL folder and a SETUP EXE file in there.

I ain't tried it - but, I have a funny feeling you might be able to copy that entire game directory as is and when you need to reinstall the game, just run that SETUP file found in the INSTALL folder.

EDIT:
Yup - looks like my guess was right.

Hey Devias12, like fowler002 linked you to, The Sims 3 was just switched to the new download technology, which streamlines the download and installation process. If you would like to back your game installer up, simply copy the folder to another location, and when you want to reinstall the game run the files found in __Installer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to bite on it and plugged the key into the EADM and let it pull down the game. Then it hung up and never seemed to want to install and then started giving errors about incorrect cache folders, etc. I Google up this thread that'd been running for several months and contributed this series of rants:
Let me join the pity party. I've had no problem with EADM until now and I'm thinking that before the publishers cry about piracy killing off PC gaming, they need to realize that by making their installers so buggy and flaky that you have to become an unpaid Nerd Herd employee and waste HOURS trying to download and re-download and troubleshoot and search forums to get the GAMES WE PAID FOR installed. Console gamers don't have to put up with this nonsense - they pop the disc into the console and start having fun; PC gamers are punished with having to come here to sort things out. Why should anyone bother being honest and paying when the thieves save the money AND hassle?

I've purchased BFBC2, Mirror's Edge, Sim City 4, Burnout Paradise: Ult Box, and a couple of other games and they installed without a hitch. Tonight, I bought a code from D2D and fired up EADM to enter it. It immediately said it needed an update and it took a couple of attempts to get that to install. Once patched to v7.3.6.1 I entered my code and went to play some Xbox while I waited for the game to come down.

7.68 GB later, it's been stuck at "Finalizing" for an hour while I get the various invalid directory and cache errors. I've run as Admin, I've deleted the 0 KB .lock file, and it keeps downloading the last fraction of a percent before going into Finalizing limbo again. What do people with capped and/or slow bandwidth connections do when 8 GB of time and space may have to be tossed because the stupid DL interface is broken. Heck, I should've just DLed it from D2D and been done with it.

Time is a limited commodity that we have that cannot be purchased or replenished like money. We can earn again whatever money may've been squandered on these products, but EA is robbing us of irreplaceable TIME we can never get back! I have not spent the past hour playing the game I paid for; I've been robbed of an hour by a uncaring corporation that seems intent on reclaiming their Most Evil Publisher crown from Activision. Pathetic.

Win7 Pro 64-bit. I build my own PCs and support them for a living and I don't play games to get some more unpaid work on computers.
9d71f0541cff0a302a0309c5079e8dee.gif

UPDATE: For grins, I rebooted and EADM started automatically and then downloaded the last half-percent and went into Finalizing. Lovely. Then I noticed a UAC prompt on the Task Bar and bringing it up, it said that EADMClientService.exe wanted to run. I said OK and now it's installing. Or is it? HD light is on, so maybe it is. Stayed tuned...

UPDATE 2: I see on the Applications tab of Task Manager that "PunkBuster Service Setup v0.989 Medal of Honor - Step 1 of 3" has been hung there in Running status for the past 15 minutes. No UAC prompts and nothing in the firewall that I can see blocking anything. What junk. PB ruined BF2142 for me, too - killed it dead with bad coding.

UPDATE 3: I killed the PB process and EADM immediately reported that it was ready to play. I fired up SP and it worked a trick, but when I tried MP, it gave an error that PB needed to be installed - imagine that - and then hung on Joining forever until I alt-tabbed and say Windows Firewall was asking permission. After granting it, it still didn't run, so I had to Alt+F4 to kill the game since Esc didn't halt it.

After download the PunkBuster Installer from the Even Balance site and manually adding the game to pull the requisite update files, it allowed me to get online and into a game.

I've played perhaps 30-40 minutes. It took over 90 minutes of frustration to be able to do that. I pity those who are less experienced or tech savvy to troubleshoot these messes.
SP is very "lead player by nose ring" linear, like waaaaaay too many CoD wannabes, including CoD. Sample a little MP and there seemed to be enough servers to find some action, my unfamiliarity with the maps got be good and killed a lot. MP looks hella better than SP thanks to the Frostbite engine. This is what John Carmack has to beat with Rage.

[quote name='MysterD']They've changed it radically and streamlined it.

What's different now is - now, in your within any of your game's folder(s) that you have attached to EADM, there's also a small additional INSTALL folder and a SETUP EXE file in there.

I ain't tried it - but, I have a funny feeling you might be able to copy that entire game directory as is and when you need to reinstall the game, just run that SETUP file found in the INSTALL folder.

EDIT:
Yup - looks like my guess was right.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the detective work! Gonna buy it now :)

EDIT: Nvm, CAG is expired. Not worth the extra 20% because I'm a day late. Meh, will wait for a retail copy for sube $10.

bread's done
Back