[D2D]/(Steamworks code!!!): Warhammer 40K: Space Marine + free Darksiders - $38.21!

jcde7ago

CAG Veteran
Heads up guys,

The new Warhammer 40K: Space Marine game releases tomorrow, Sep. 6 (go download and try the demo on Steam if you haven't, it's EXTREMELY fun)...while Steam has this game and a free copy of Darksiders for $49.99, D2D is also letting you Pre-order the game @ $44.95.

http://www.direct2drive.com/10083/product/Buy-Warhammer-40,000:-Space-Marine-Download?gid=

If you use coupon code: RETAIL15

You save an additional 15% off, bringing the total cost to $38.21!!!

Yes, you will also get a Darksiders key, just like you would on Steam. When you purchase this on D2D, the "Download" option takes you to your Steam-activatable codes for both games. You can begin pre-loading Space Marine right away...but you've got less than 24 hours to cash in on the pre-order deal.

Well worth it, considering this game plays/looks in a lot of ways like Gears of War.

Enjoy!

Seems like the best deal so far. I'm really hoping that Amazon rep comes back this week and offers up a sweet download deal.

Will be getting this, but will use the CHEAPASS15 code instead.

Edit: I used D2D once before, but don't remember this whole phone call to verify thing...which doesn't seem to be working for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can deff vouch and say that this is THE best deal for Space Marine ATM.
Also, if you have the extra bucks, you can get the new Serious Sam 3 and Saints row The Third both for pre order on the cheapy w the 15 off code (Well thats what I did and it came out 40 somethings cheaper then normally):3

Got this a while back with the cheapass15 code and as for the phone verification, just send them a support ticked telling them the phone activation didn't work and they should activate your account to be able to make purchases in a few hours.

[quote name='ninjaman999']I can deff vouch and say that this is THE best deal for Space Marine ATM.
Also, if you have the extra bucks, you can get the new Serious Sam 3 and Saints row The Third both for pre order on the cheapy w the 15 off code (Well thats what I did and it came out 40 somethings cheaper then normally):3[/QUOTE]

I bought the code off www.cdkeysdiscount.com ($30), cheaper than anywhere else I found and the site has good reviews.

[quote name='gage006']I bought the code off www.cdkeysdiscount.com ($30), cheaper than anywhere else I found and the site has good reviews.[/QUOTE]

Because they are selling you an international CD key, you run the risk of having your steam account banned or at the very least having the game deactivated at some point in the future. It might happen and it might not, but people should know the risk in buying from there.

Edit: Here read this and it will tell you why this is not a good idea. It's rolling the dice. You may never have an issue, but you might have also saved 8 dollars only to have the game revoked in the future.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/valve-explains-international-orange-box-deactivations

Wow, this is very tempting! Was planning on picking this up for the PS3, but more and more I am turning towards PC gaming.

Hmm, do I lay on couch to play this on a console or slouch over my computer desk to play this on my PC...

[quote name='bdb2m']Because they are selling you an international CD key, you run the risk of having your steam account banned or at the very least having the game deactivated at some point in the future. It might happen and it might not, but people should know the risk in buying from there.

Edit: Here read this and it will tell you why this is not a good idea. It's rolling the dice. You may never have an issue, but you might have also saved 8 dollars only to have the game revoked in the future.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/valve-explains-international-orange-box-deactivations[/QUOTE]

How are these sites any different than GMG? GMG is selling you CD keys from any region they get them from. I can't see how this would be against Steam TOS and GMG isn't if that is the case.

[quote name='DIMONDA85']How are these sites any different than GMG? GMG is selling you CD keys from any region they get them from. I can't see how this would be against Steam TOS and GMG isn't if that is the case.[/QUOTE]

Well part of it has to do with the region you are buying the key from. Many devs are willing to take a very small profit in regions like Thailand and China because piracy is so prevalent, that no one will buy the legit product unless its cheap. Buying a game from the UK, the dev is still getting the same or comparable share of funds from your purchase.

Again it's a risk. They are getting cheap keys under the pretense that they are only selling in those regions. Whether Valve or EA(for the Origin games) chooses to do anything or not just depends on the situation, but as you can see from the article I posted a whole shitload of people got screwed out of money buying from a site like this before. I don't think its a bad idea to post links like that, but people should be informed of the risk in doing so.

I would not risk my Steam account on things like that, but obviously people have used the site before without an issue, so I guess my point was: be careful.

Just watched Destructoid play some multiplayer of this. I was impressed, so I went to buy it from D2D, but it declined my card and my Paypal three times. Blah. Hope customer support is quick.

[quote name='Rehykja']Just watched Destructoid play some multiplayer of this. I was impressed, so I went to buy it from D2D, but it declined my card and my Paypal three times. Blah. Hope customer support is quick.[/QUOTE]

Have a link to that?

[quote name='Rehykja']Just watched Destructoid play some multiplayer of this. I was impressed, so I went to buy it from D2D, but it declined my card and my Paypal three times. Blah. Hope customer support is quick.[/QUOTE]

faced the same problem as you... grrr

I want to get this but at the same time I already have darksiders for the 360 and don't want the game by itself for ~$38. If anyone is interested in buying darksiders off me, send me a PM to see if we can work something out.

[quote name='Lithos']I want to get this but at the same time I already have darksiders for the 360 and don't want the game by itself for ~$38. If anyone is interested in buying darksiders off me, send me a PM to see if we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is now $5 on THQ, that's probably your ceiling

[quote name='wilflare']Darksiders is now $5 on THQ, that's probably your ceiling[/QUOTE]

Bah, wasnt sure when I saw that sale. Looks like it might be a gift if I bite. Thanks for the info.

bread's done
Back