D2D: The Witcher 2 Premium $35 with code burnout

I'm as cheap as the next guy (or more so), but if I were to bite on something like this in the near future, I'd have to go through Gog.com and support the developer. (I am cheap and sans PC at the moment, so it'll probably be a while before I buy any edition of Witcher 2).

[quote name='warreni']I'm as cheap as the next guy (or more so), but if I were to bite on something like this in the near future, I'd have to go through Gog.com and support the developer. (I am cheap and sans PC at the moment, so it'll probably be a while before I buy any edition of Witcher 2).[/QUOTE]

Excuse my ignorance, but how is going through GoG any better than going through D2D or even Steam for that matter? Aren't they all essentially the same - i.e. still taking a cut of the sales price (does GoG take a much smaller %?)?

Hey so, this code totally works for Dragon Age 2 Pre-ordering. Saves 12 bucks. Bumps it down to 47.96 without tax.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Excuse my ignorance, but how is going through GoG any better than going through D2D or even Steam for that matter? Aren't they all essentially the same - i.e. still taking a cut of the sales price (does GoG take a much smaller %?)?[/QUOTE]

Not the same in the case of The Witcher--CD Projekt owns Gog.com.

[quote name='warreni']Not the same in the case of The Witcher--CD Projekt owns Gog.com.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know. I was wondering why G 'old' G was selling a preorder for a game. Clears it up, and when it comes time to buy, will defer to buying from gog then.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Excuse my ignorance, but how is going through GoG any better than going through D2D or even Steam for that matter? Aren't they all essentially the same - i.e. still taking a cut of the sales price (does GoG take a much smaller %?)?[/QUOTE]
GOG/ CDP will likely get more money towards them.

Plus, there's exclusives for people pre-ordering Witcher 2 from GOG.

1. EXCLUSIVE - Witcher 2 Art Book PDF file

2. EXCLUSIVE - One Free GOG Game RPG...Pick ONE from this list:
Beyond Divinity
Divine Divinity: Remastered Edition
Gothic 2: Gold Edition
Realms of Arkania 1 and 2 Double Pack
Realms of Arkania 3

3. MORE EXCLUSIVES - 4 Extra Witcher 2 MP3 Soundtrack tracks; 10 HD wallpapers; 10 avatars; CDP RED photo tour; 5 concept arts

That stupid "publicity" stunt that GOG pulled last year ruled out any chance that I would ever consider buying a downloadable game from them.

[quote name='luxarific']That stupid "publicity" stunt that GOG pulled last year ruled out any chance that I would ever consider buying a downloadable game from them.[/QUOTE]

I think like most games you buy-to-download from anywhere (Steam, D2D, Impulse, etc), make sure you download it; install it; and back-up installer files or Archived files to disc.

This way...you have your stuff, in case something happens...

Nice deal, but I'm passing. Purchasing through GOG.com would ensure that they receive all of the proceeds instead of only some of them after third parties like Steam take their cut so that's the way I'm going. I've gotta support one of my favorite companies after all.

[quote name='luxarific']That stupid "publicity" stunt that GOG pulled last year ruled out any chance that I would ever consider buying a downloadable game from them.[/QUOTE]

You still butthurt about that? LOL

[quote name='BMXJouster']Nice deal, but I'm passing. Purchasing through GOG.com would ensure that they receive all of the proceeds instead of only some of them after third parties like Steam take their cut so that's the way I'm going. I've gotta support one of my favorite companies after all.
[/QUOTE]

Buying the game is support enough. Doesn't matter where from. If it wasn't worth it for them, they would just put it on GOG.com and only sell it directly.

[quote name='MysterD']

1. EXCLUSIVE - Witcher 2 Art Book PDF file

2. EXCLUSIVE - One Free GOG Game RPG...Pick ONE from this list:
Beyond Divinity
Divine Divinity: Remastered Edition
Gothic 2: Gold Edition
Realms of Arkania 1 and 2 Double Pack
Realms of Arkania 3

3. MORE EXCLUSIVES - 4 Extra Witcher 2 MP3 Soundtrack tracks; 10 HD wallpapers; 10 avatars; CDP RED photo tour; 5 concept arts[/QUOTE]

Most of that junk I would probably watch once and then forget about it. I already own most of those games as well. This deal makes more sense for me. And since I'm not a corporate lapdog, I go where my dollar gets the most value.

Getting it from GoG cause I already preordered from them even if they allow me to not buy it from them later since they don't charge till it's released like D2D or Steam.

Just FYI last I checked it is DRM free from anyone BUT steam and possibly retail IIRC. Steam requires a game have Steam DRM at a minimum and they were still pondering if they would put a disc check on the retail version.

[quote name='dcon agent 000']Most of that junk I would probably watch once and then forget about it. I already own most of those games as well. This deal makes more sense for me. And since I'm not a corporate lapdog, I go where my dollar gets the most value.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make you a "corporate lapdog" to want to support an independent developer which has demonstrated the will and desire to produce and stand behind a quality product (remember the Enhanced Edition?). It does make you a tool to call other people names for wanting to do so, though.

I never finished the first Witcher, so I'm not in the market for the sequel, but as someone who picked up the EE on the day it came out I must commend CD Projekt for massively overhauling a year-old title, improving performance and rerecording thousands of lines of dialog, and then allowing everyone who'd bought the old version to download the updates and swag for free. When so many music artists do "special editions" of albums their fans already bought with a few new or remix tracks, that a small game dev would do so much for their customers makes them an outfit you want to support. Compare them to EA or Activision and how they sometimes just refuse to complete announced patches.

That's how I feel
A company filled with children doesn't deserve to stay in business (unless they're like an orphanage or some sort of baby watching service)

Is there any really good reason to get DA2 on Steam instead of through D2D? I'm still on the fence about how to get DA:O Ultimate.

[quote name='Xellos2099']It made me mad my d2d 20 dollar coupon won't stack with anything...[/QUOTE]

seriously infuriating...I think I'm going to write an email to customer service. I understand not wanting to have codes stack, but this is very different. They got my money, but im not going to spend it on something that isnt on sale...and unfortunately, the sale prices I want require coupon codes.

Our 20 dollar codes should be put in the PAYMENT section, that would fix everything

bread's done
Back