DA2 Sgnature Edition (360/PS3/PC) $58.95 at CD Universe

nightman1701

CAGiversary!
I saw a lot of CAG's looking for Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition and found some available for pre-order at CD Universe. They are $58.95 for all platforms. The link is here.

This is only my second post so I hope I did everything correct. I have never purchased from them myself until now so I don't know how their service is.

Hmmmm. That's a tough call. The Signature edition was a timed pre-order. I suppose if they ordered a stock of them, this would be a great deal. If not, all you will actually get is the regular edition.

I did check again and they have the other versions available as well shipping in 1-2 days while the signature edition is a pre order that ships March 8th. Link

CD Universe has been around a while. Their inventory is usually not up-to-date so a lot of items like this end up being changed to a back-order status and then being cancelled. It won't hurt to order from them (they've refund my money on similar scarce games in the past), but I would not count on them fulfilling the order.

[quote name='brutus']CD Universe has been around a while. Their inventory is usually not up-to-date so a lot of items like this end up being changed to a back-order status and then being cancelled. It won't hurt to order from them (they've refund my money on similar scarce games in the past), but I would not count on them fulfilling the order.[/QUOTE]

I saw they have the standard and Signature Editions available so I thought I would give it a shot. The only thing I can think of is that they were sent a lot to cover pre-orders that they may or may not have taken. If it isn't then I shouldn't have much problem getting my money refunded.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']If you preorder from here will you get all the pre-order bonuses?[/QUOTE]

I did not see any extra pre order bonuses besides what is already included with the Signature Edition.

I also checked out the item numbers that CD Universe has for the Signature Editions and the standard editions and they all have different numbers so I'm more confident that I will get the Signature Edition and not a standard edition.

[quote name='Rincewind']Anyone get a shipping notice? I am like THIS close to cancelling the order.[/QUOTE]
If you got PS3 I'd cancel and go with gamestop if it's still available. I ordered a PS3 yesterday and it shipped. If Xbox there's apparently some available at Family Video but I dunno that I'd order from there personally.

[quote name='ShockandAww']If you got PS3 I'd cancel and go with gamestop if it's still available. I ordered a PS3 yesterday and it shipped. If Xbox there's apparently some available at Family Video but I dunno that I'd order from there personally.[/QUOTE]

No, I am looking for PC unfortunately :( sold out online at Gamestop, and the nearest store is 15 miles awy with it showing in stock, and unfortunately I don't have time to go with work this week!

[quote name='Rincewind']Anyone get a shipping notice? I am like THIS close to cancelling the order.[/QUOTE]

Mine is still being processed! I'm feeling the same way!!! (PS3 version)

[quote name='ShockandAww']If you got PS3 I'd cancel and go with gamestop if it's still available. I ordered a PS3 yesterday and it shipped. If Xbox there's apparently some available at Family Video but I dunno that I'd order from there personally.[/QUOTE]

Damn should have gone with Gamestop.

[quote name='ldsdrive']Mine is still being processed! I'm feeling the same way!!! (PS3 version)

Damn should have gone with Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Mines being processed too, really hoping this isn't gonna fall through. D: I sent them a message, said they would get back to me tomorrow.

Heres hoping. :D

I hope this goes thru aswell I put my order in over a month ago in feb 9th I think I just don't want to buy it off eBay for like a hundred bucks it's going for now. And come to find out in like a week amazon has a sale for it for like 50 bucks

I asked @CDU_Service about this on Sunday. I received this reply earlier today:

"We are doing the best we can to obtain the sig edition. We do have the reg edition avail at this time."

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I asked @CDU_Service about this on Sunday. I received this reply earlier today:

"We are doing the best we can to obtain the sig edition. We do have the reg edition avail at this time."[/QUOTE]

Not good news, I told them I either want it shipped or my money back.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Not good news, I told them I either want it shipped or my money back.[/QUOTE]
Or in all likelihood, not shipped.

I find it really annoying that despite their apparent issues with obtaining the Signature Edition (Based on the above posts), they still are taking orders for it.

Really hoping this one still goes through, because I cancelled my Amazon Signature Edition order (PC) after playing the demo back on Feb 25th, after seeing that they had the 360 version of it available.

I wish; I only did the pre order at gamestop cause amazon was sold out. I went in at lunch to pick it up and the guy was like we did a midnight launch and you were not there; we assumed you did not want it. I asked for his manager and he offered a 5.00 credit towards a pre order.

I had him refund the money and just walked out the store.

[quote name='ephermal']I wish; I only did the pre order at gamestop cause amazon was sold out. I went in at lunch to pick it up and the guy was like we did a midnight launch and you were not there; we assumed you did not want it. I asked for his manager and he offered a 5.00 credit towards a pre order.

I had him refund the money and just walked out the store.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's fucked up.

[quote name='ephermal']I wish; I only did the pre order at gamestop cause amazon was sold out. I went in at lunch to pick it up and the guy was like we did a midnight launch and you were not there; we assumed you did not want it. I asked for his manager and he offered a 5.00 credit towards a pre order.

Dam this sucks. What's the point in preordering if you have to be there at midnight to get it?

Usually, they hold the game for you for longer than just a midnight launch. That's fucking ridiculous of them.

yeah tell me about it; That is why I never use gamestop but only when I ABSOLUTELY have to do it cause everywhere is sold out.

I have an email and a call in with the corporate office but so far all they offer me is 5 or 10.00 credit towards the store. I told them "I am not shopping at gamestop". They said that is all they can do for me. I told them I don't want anything I just want them to contact the store and have them talk to the employees so this does not happen to anyone else.

That is the most dumbass thing I've heard in a while.

And yeah, corporate obviously has no clue either - the point wasn't to get a freebee, the point is for an apology and steps to make sure it doesn't happen again. Jeez.

I just got my email from them saying that it is Back ordered and they are trying to get them from their vendor yet they are still taking orders for it. I'll wait until they open tomorrow and contact them to see if it is just a delay in them getting their shipments or they just don't have them. Amazon / UPS screwed me by losing my package of DA2 SE and I ordered from Amazon back in August.

[quote name='nightman1701']I just got my email from them saying that it is Back ordered and they are trying to get them from their vendor yet they are still taking orders for it. I'll wait until they open tomorrow and contact them to see if it is just a delay in them getting their shipments or they just don't have them. Amazon / UPS screwed me by losing my package of DA2 SE and I ordered from Amazon back in August.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? A similar thing happened to me except when UPS delivered the game (which I also bought from amazon) today the package was empty except for the invoice. There was a piece of tape over the envelope opening - someone took the game out of the bubble envelope. Amazon can't replace the signature edition so I'm SOL.

thats messed up.
My gamestop is awesome. Im cool with the one of the people that works that. Shes texts me to tell me to come in and get a gears 3 beta code

You do not need to respond. We ask for your patience due to our past success in obtaining backorders within this timeframe. Additionally, it is very likely that other retailers are experiencing the same stock issues with this particular item.

If we do not receive your item by 04/22/11, it will be cancelled. There will be no charge to you unless this item ships.

fuck if I am waiting till April 22nd to play DA2. I guess I'll cancel it and pick the game up tomorrow. This was a giant waste of time. I don't see anyway for them to get more in after they have been sold out for some time.

I'm getting really tired of sites advertising things that they don't have, I understand a little glitch or counts being slightly off, but this is just ridiculous.

*Edit* To add insult to injury, they state that they wont charge me unless it ships. Too bad PayPal already took the 61 bucks out of my bank account.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']fuck if I am waiting till April 22nd to play DA2. I guess I'll cancel it and pick the game up tomorrow. This was a giant waste of time. I don't see anyway for them to get more in after they have been sold out for some time.

I'm getting really tired of sites advertising things that they don't have, I understand a little glitch or counts being slightly off, but this is just ridiculous.

*Edit* To add insult to injury, they state that they wont charge me unless it ships. Too bad PayPal already took the 61 bucks out of my bank account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the same problem. They should wait to charge your Pay Pal account. I'm hoping I wont have problems getting my money back.

[quote name='zippleftw']Wow really? A similar thing happened to me except when UPS delivered the game (which I also bought from amazon) today the package was empty except for the invoice. There was a piece of tape over the envelope opening - someone took the game out of the bubble envelope. Amazon can't replace the signature edition so I'm SOL.[/QUOTE]

That is messed up. I have problems with Amazon and their carriers loosing my packages or never delivering them on time. Then they act like it's your fault for your stuff either being missing or late getting to you.

I'm mad about it because of how long ago I ordered it and all my tracking status says is that it left the sellers facility and is in transit.

Well after contacting Amazon about my order and them contacting UPS about it now my tracking info shows that it is in Harrisburg, PA a couple of minutes ago. I live about 2 hours north of there in PA so I hope I'll have it tomorrow. They did give me a $5 credit to use.

Report his and his manager's asses to their district manager. I believe they had to hold your preorder for like 48 hours before offering it to other customers. I'm not sure about the exact number of hours but definitely longer than the midnight launch.

Just got the backorder e-mail from them as well - and just like an earlier poster, I paid by Paypal, so they basically have already charged me AND collected my money on this one.

Since it's a form e-mail, all I expect to happen is for them to sit on their hands (and my money) until 4/22 at which time they'll cancel my order and the fun of trying to get my money back from them will begin - because with Paypal, you have 45 days from the time you paid to file a claim, and that (for me) will expire well before the 22nd of April.

[quote name='NYLatenite']Just got the backorder e-mail from them as well - and just like an earlier poster, I paid by Paypal, so they basically have already charged me AND collected my money on this one.

Since it's a form e-mail, all I expect to happen is for them to sit on their hands (and my money) until 4/22 at which time they'll cancel my order and the fun of trying to get my money back from them will begin - because with Paypal, you have 45 days from the time you paid to file a claim, and that (for me) will expire well before the 22nd of April.[/QUOTE]
You can email them any time and have it canceled and refunded to you.

They did this shit to me when they backordered my Metal Slug XX. I had it canceled and the money was refunded promptly.

[quote name='eau']You can email them any time and have it canceled and refunded to you.

They did this shit to me when they backordered my Metal Slug XX. I had it canceled and the money was refunded promptly.[/QUOTE]

Good to know - thanks! I guess I'll give them a few days to see if it's just an issue that they didn't receive their shipment and, if nothing comes of it, look into my options.

[quote name='NYLatenite']Good to know - thanks! I guess I'll give them a few days to see if it's just an issue that they didn't receive their shipment and, if nothing comes of it, look into my options.[/QUOTE]

You're a lot nicer than I am, I already sent them a message and if it isn't shipped tomorrow I'm raising hell. ;) I'll get my money back and be playing DA2 by the evening. Mark my words. xD

yeah gamestop corporate called me and apologized. They are going to check all the warehouses to see if they have an Signature Edition and I will be able to get buy it at a discounted rate.

So that's not too bad. The lady on the phone was nice but seriously doubts they have any for the xbox 360 but she is going to call.

so here it goes; if I get it great; if not oh well!

[quote name='NYLatenite']Good to know - thanks! I guess I'll give them a few days to see if it's just an issue that they didn't receive their shipment and, if nothing comes of it, look into my options.[/QUOTE]

I got an email from them this morning which stated this:

Thank you for your email.

I am truly sorry for this delay, the items were slated to arrive to us as expected but have not arrived as the high demand on the item has slowed the filling or the stock. We are awaiting the arrival at this time and will contact you via email with any updates.

Please feel free to email me if you need further assistance.

Kristin
Customer Service Rep
http://www.cduniverse.com

So I wrote them back to clarify rather that means they are late getting their stock or they are trying to get it. Hopefully I'll know more later today. I'll give them until Friday then I think I may just cancel my order and hope I can get it refund back to PayPal.

[quote name='nightman1701']I got an email from them this morning which stated this:

I am truly sorry for this delay, the items were slated to arrive to us as expected but have not arrived as the high demand on the item has slowed the filling or the stock. We are awaiting the arrival at this time and will contact you via email with any updates.

Please feel free to email me if you need further assistance.

Kristin
Customer Service Rep
http://www.cduniverse.com

So I wrote them back to clarify rather that means they are late getting their stock or they are trying to get it. Hopefully I'll know more later today. I'll give them until Friday then I think I may just cancel my order and hope I can get it refund back to PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I sent them an email and got this

(Same chick too)

When using paypal, as it is an outside company handling your billing, you submit payment to process your order.This payment is
posted to your account awaiting the order to ship.

As I am unable to provide a guarantee I have refunded your paypal account as requested.This will be reflected within 24 hours.

Surprisingly good customer service as I already got my money back.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']I sent them an email and got this

(Same chick too)

Surprisingly good customer service as I already got my money back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah she just sent me an email stating that if I want to cancel my order I would be refunded within 24 hours. I'm glad to hear you got your money back sooner.

pfft i got jipped by gamestop too. I went in traded a game and with the money I got from that game I told the them to put the money towards preodering dragon age 2 for the pc for me. So I walked in yesterday expecting to pick up my copy and of course they don't have a preorder for me saying I never preordered it. So now I'm SOL since I don't have any proof I preordered it.

[quote name='blankempathy']pfft i got jipped by gamestop too. I went in traded a game and with the money I got from that game I told the them to put the money towards preodering dragon age 2 for the pc for me. So I walked in yesterday expecting to pick up my copy and of course they don't have a preorder for me saying I never preordered it. So now I'm SOL since I don't have any proof I preordered it.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they give you a receipt or something?

bread's done
Back