DA2 Sgnature Edition (360/PS3/PC) $58.95 at CD Universe

nightman1701

CAGiversary!
I saw a lot of CAG's looking for Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition and found some available for pre-order at CD Universe. They are $58.95 for all platforms. The link is here.

This is only my second post so I hope I did everything correct. I have never purchased from them myself until now so I don't know how their service is.

[quote name='blankempathy']They did unfortunately I preordered it months ago and have recently cleaned out my desk so I think it was thrown out.[/QUOTE]
It should have been in their system.

[quote name='sadboy']It should have been in their system.[/QUOTE]

I know I should of but it wasn't. So the guy who put it in screwed up or something and in turn screwed me.

So I e-mailed CD Universe to see where everything stood - got the standard form letter response

[quote name='CD Universe']> > I am truly sorry for this delay, the items were slated to arrive to
> > us as expected but have not arrived as the high demand on the item
> > has slowed the filling or the stock. We are awaiting the arrival at
> > this time and will contact you via email with any updates.
> >
> > Please feel free to email me if you need further assistance.[/quote]

I followed up since that seemed a little vague as far as what the situation was;

[quote name='Me']> Does this mean that the manufacturer will be filling/has agreed to
> fill said orders and the question now is just a delay? (I ask, because
> from what I know, the "Signature Edition" was a one-time run that the
> manufacturer had said they would not be re-printing or re-releasing.)
> - While I don't mind waiting if the below explanation is actually the
> case, if it isn't, I'd prefer not to have to wait a month or more
> before being told that nothing can be done.[/quote]

and this was the answer I got in return...

[quote name='CD Universe']
I am truly sorry, our suppliers have temporarily removed the item as they cannot provide a guarantee.I have issued a full refund to your paypal account as requested,this will be reflected within 24 hours to your paypal account.

You will receive email confirmation as soon as any new updates are released.

Please feel free to email me if you need further assistance.[/quote]

Immediately following that e-mail, they cancelled my order and processed my refund. So, since my order is cancelled, I somehow doubt I would hear from them again if they did somehow get their hands on a bunch of Signature Editions.

Picked up the standard edition on my way home from work, but here's what I learned from this experience...

1.) CD Universe has no clue about games. It basically appears like they had no idea the Signature Edition had a deadline of 1/11/11 for being ordered. I'd be willing to bet even people who did put in for it before that date got skunked, as I'd guess that they didn't actually order the games until well after that. The bit about still taking orders on it after they knew there was a problem rubbed me the wrong way too. Bottom line? It was my first experience shopping with them, and it will be my last.

2.) Bioware/EA dropped the ball on this one and left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth. Yeah, I pre-ordered the pc version of the game before the cutoff with Amazon, but it would have been nice if I could have made my decision with something to go on - this way I could have actually chosen the version I wanted to play. In short, the demo should have been released before the cutoff date.

The whole "free upgrade to Signature Edition" was a nice touch, but it was just badly handled. Next time just make the same version available for a little more post-launch - there's no reason a new release title should be selling for almost twice it's retail value online.

3.) What am I going to do in the future? Simple - if the choice comes up again between systems and I'm not sure which to go with, I'm just going to preorder all the versions, and then cancel all but the ones I want at the last minute.

Does it suck for the retailer? Yeah, I'm sure it does, but unfortunately, if that's what it's going to take to not get shafted on something, that's what's gonna happen.

Anyway, that's my DA2 story - live and learn.

If you haven't already checked, check with your nearest Gamestop, called yesterday to see if any pre-orders had not been picked up as they technically only hold the pre-orders for 48 hrs. and the store I called had a copy for 360 available, that I was able to get put on hold for me and pick up after work. Doesn't hurt to check just in case.

[quote name='NYLatenite']So I e-mailed CD Universe to see where everything stood - got the standard form letter response

I followed up since that seemed a little vague as far as what the situation was;

and this was the answer I got in return...

Immediately following that e-mail, they cancelled my order and processed my refund. So, since my order is cancelled, I somehow doubt I would hear from them again if they did somehow get their hands on a bunch of Signature Editions.

Picked up the standard edition on my way home from work, but here's what I learned from this experience...

1.) CD Universe has no clue about games. It basically appears like they had no idea the Signature Edition had a deadline of 1/11/11 for being ordered. I'd be willing to bet even people who did put in for it before that date got skunked, as I'd guess that they didn't actually order the games until well after that. The bit about still taking orders on it after they knew there was a problem rubbed me the wrong way too. Bottom line? It was my first experience shopping with them, and it will be my last.

2.) Bioware/EA dropped the ball on this one and left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth. Yeah, I pre-ordered the pc version of the game before the cutoff with Amazon, but it would have been nice if I could have made my decision with something to go on - this way I could have actually chosen the version I wanted to play. In short, the demo should have been released before the cutoff date.

The whole "free upgrade to Signature Edition" was a nice touch, but it was just badly handled. Next time just make the same version available for a little more post-launch - there's no reason a new release title should be selling for almost twice it's retail value online.

3.) What am I going to do in the future? Simple - if the choice comes up again between systems and I'm not sure which to go with, I'm just going to preorder all the versions, and then cancel all but the ones I want at the last minute.

Does it suck for the retailer? Yeah, I'm sure it does, but unfortunately, if that's what it's going to take to not get shafted on something, that's what's gonna happen.

Anyway, that's my DA2 story - live and learn.[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing from CD Universe. They canceled my order and refunded my money. I will never order from them again. Like you said I think they have no clue about their video games.

[quote name='blankempathy']pfft i got jipped by gamestop too. I went in traded a game and with the money I got from that game I told the them to put the money towards preodering dragon age 2 for the pc for me. So I walked in yesterday expecting to pick up my copy and of course they don't have a preorder for me saying I never preordered it. So now I'm SOL since I don't have any proof I preordered it.[/QUOTE]

check pm

[quote name='francobash']If you haven't already checked, check with your nearest Gamestop, called yesterday to see if any pre-orders had not been picked up as they technically only hold the pre-orders for 48 hrs. and the store I called had a copy for 360 available, that I was able to get put on hold for me and pick up after work. Doesn't hurt to check just in case.[/QUOTE]

I've actually done that twice - I went into my local Gamestop Wednesday night and they had a few copies on the back shelf, but claimed that they couldn't sell them. (Which is fair, you have 3 days to pick up your pre-order by policy)

Went back again tonight, same copies on the back shelf, but they still won't sell them. They advised they called the people who pre-ordered them and those people did say they were going to come in and pick them up. While part of me says "bullshit" and thinks the store employees are planning on grabbing them as soon as they can to either flip or keep, the other part of me says "I hope they really are holding them for people who pre-ordered, because it would be nice to think they'd do the same for me if one of those was supposed to be mine."

One thing I didn't like was it seemed to be a whole new staff in there both days, and they were massively pushy with the pre-orders and add-ons.

Wow..I didn't think the Signature Edition would be so fucking rare and coveted than the regular edition. I mostly bought it, cuz I love collecting the extra goodies, but seeing the inflated ebay prices, makes it more likely a Gamestop DM/Manager will flip these on ebay soon.

bread's done
Back