Daigasso! Band Bros : Request Selection - anyone have this?

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I brought Band Bros along with me today and I lost track of time sitting in the library with it. I forgot how much I love this game. So I was thinking if it would be worth the $40 or so I see it going for? My feeling is I should grasp at it since it's doubtful I'll get the same experience out of the DS from anything else.

I'm ordering it, but I don't know if I'm getting it from YesAsia or Play-Asia. I don't think YesAsia is ever going to ship my Dotstream order, so I don't know how well GBA boxes fare in the mail from them.

Hmm is yesasia not as reliable? I was eyeing them for the coupons to get newer DS games a bit cheaper. Play-asia has better overall deals but not on new stuff. I've only used play-asia before and no problems, just takes awhile.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Hmm is yesasia not as reliable? I was eyeing them for the coupons to get newer DS games a bit cheaper. Play-asia has better overall deals but not on new stuff. I've only used play-asia before and no problems, just takes awhile.[/quote]I ordered Daigasso from YesAsia a year ago, and it shipped in a day, arrived in excellent shape. But Dotstream was a "ships 7-14 days" item and it's at 13 days right now. I just don't recall if they ship in a bubble mailer or a box, which is a big deal for GBA boxes (which I would imagine the Request Selection comes in). It's a tough decision because ordering from YesAsia (and another game) with a couple coupons would save me some $8 over YesAsia.

Yea I'm pretty sure it does come in a GBA box. I was planning to make a DS case art for it anyway, so I guess I'll go for yesasia.

I have this, and I have mixed feelings about it.

It does NOT come in a GBA box. It comes in a DS box.

It also does not save your scores, which is a major bummer. I use the score saves to help me remember what I've done, and to try for better scores, and that's just not possible with the cart-based songs.

On the other hand, it has lots of great songs, including the song for Ashley's stage in Warioware Touched, Yoshi, and Mario 64, as well as some great J-Pop.

I honestly don't know if it's worth the $35-$40 it costs. It's probably something that I will go back to a lot, but it's also something I could probably have lived without. Unfortunately, you can't really figure that out for yourself unless you get it.

I don't regret the purchase, although I kinda can't. When I originally ordered Daigasso, I mistakenly ordered the Request Selection instead. Boy, did I have a nasty surprise when I opened the game case.

blandstalker is correct that it comes in a ds case and not a gba box. so you don't have to worry as much about how it gets shipped.

Just finished up the last of my forseeable importing a few minutes ago. Ouendan from YesAsia, Rhythm Tengoku and this from PA. Only $77 shipped for those last two with my $10 off $50 coupon, I'm happy.

[quote name='banpeikun']wow, all this time you didn't have ouendan?[/quote]No. :( I was waiting for a while with the intent to get EBA first (since it would be a hell of a lot cheaper even at full retail) but then I realized I didn't want to pay full price for EBA, and Ouendan wouldn't be any cheaper later on. And now it is ordered. Only import I had prior to this week (when a few bit generations games came in) was Daigasso, which I love.

bread's done
Back