Dallas CAGs, do you exist?!

[quote name='dyeknom']Amazing. I really like the store, the selling counter guy was a little obnoxious... but the people selling the DVDs and Games at the counters were great.

I picked up a MGS: TS complete/mint for 14.99, but they also had LoZ: OoT/MQ, Pikmin 2, Fire Emblem: PoR for 19.99 all complete, and a copy of Pikmin 1 for 14.99. Im glad I got to unload my CoD4 and Halo 3. I bought the legendary edition for 34.99 at BBV a while back, and it sold for 30.00 and got to keep the helmet and bonus disk. Also got to get rid of Left 4 Dead that I picked up at the last b2g1 free so 35ish->40. I am definitely going to make this one of my regular stores, since I can buy Alf Season 1 for 17.99 there too :)[/quote]

Which store is this? The Arlington store's prices are no where close... Yje used prices were as bad or worse than GS.

[quote name='spamfree2']I heard the TRU in Irving is closing. Just a heads up. Maybe there might be some decent clearance for someone in this thread. It is way too far for me to check with the price of gas. Maybe someone closer can fill in some of the details.[/QUOTE]

Zuh? They haven't even been there that long... are you sure you didn't hear something about it closing a while back when it was on 183 before it moved to 635?

[quote name='FadeToOne']Zuh? They haven't even been there that long... are you sure you didn't hear something about it closing a while back when it was on 183 before it moved to 635?[/quote]

I posted that when the TRU was still off of 183 (closing).

[quote name='spamfree2']I posted that when the TRU was still off of 183 (closing).[/quote]

Oh, holy hell. I had no concept for how old the last page on this thread was, haha.

this is an odd request, but is anyone interested in Gamestop credit? I always have a couple hundred, because I trade in alot of stuff. I would be interested in trading it for other gift cards, I am really looking for blockbuster credit right now but would consider anything. Also since I trade in stuff to gamestop, you wont have to pay any taxes on purchases.

I posted this in the YMMV walmart thread, but thought I would post here as well.

Went by the walmart in carrolton, TX last night - and they had quite a few 50% of games. Below are some of the games I remember seeing:
PS3 - Heavenly Sword $30
PS3 - Ratchet & Clank Future $15
PS3 - Uncharted $30
PS3 - Resistance $15
PS3 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma $15
PS3 - Lair $10
PS3 - Street Fighter 4 $30 (may be a pricing error - the copies behind the "main" display caseg were full price, but they had about 8 copies in the end display marked at half off. 360 version was marked full price)
PS2 - Metal Gear Trilogy Collection $15 (only saw one copy left)

They also still have $50 PSN gift cards on clearance for $40 (there's another thread out there for this, but thought I would mention here as well since I was listing these games out anyway).

store address is:
1213 E. Trinity Mills Road
Carrollton, TX 75006

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking about getting a PS3 later this year, so this looks like a good chance to pick up R&C and Uncharted fairly cheap.

Ernie Hudson will be in town promoting the new Ghostbusters game, no details yet on which he will be at... But there is some info on where developers are going to be hanging midnight on launch day.

Lewisville, TX – GameStop #688
The restored Ecto-1 will be on hand, and likely some of the lads from Terminal Reality that worked on the game. Ernie Hudson will be visiting local shops throughout the day Tuesday, but will not be at the Midnight party.

[UPDATE]Store Location corrected! 40 members of Terminal Reality will be in attendance, as will 20 Ghostbusters from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and possibly Arizona! Media will be in attendance and GS is working to ship extra copies to the store, so there will hopefully be lots of copies for walk-ins!

That store is just down the street from me, they've been really excited about this event.
The studio, Terminal Reality is actually just a few minutes away too.

Had no idea Ernie Hudson was going, I will be there.
EDIT, Oh wait, won't be at the midnight launch? Weird.
Does Ernie live in Dallas or something?

Okay, so I'll probably show up to the release... but I really want to go where I can see the Ecto-1 and E Hudson together again. I've called around and asked, but nobody has a clue where he will be. Is his appearance confirmed anywhere yet?

[quote name='dallow']Damnit, missed it again.
They shouldn't do it on a weekday though.[/QUOTE]I got my seats during the pre-sale when they were 49, 59, and up, but they eventually dropped the price to 25, 30, and up. It was a good deal. I should've posted something here, but I actually didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

[quote name='toocool17']anyone have any luck at target's? I am looking to get an endwar bundle for the headset. The cheapest I have seen is $45.[/QUOTE]
Sent you a PM.

Has anyone been able to pick up the Endwar bundle for 22.48 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area? All the Targets i've checked in are still at the 44.98 pricepoint.

[quote name='ricoo']Has anyone been able to pick up the Endwar bundle for 22.48 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area? All the Targets i've checked in are still at the 44.98 pricepoint.[/QUOTE]

I got the last copy at the Denton, TX store two days ago.... so, don't try there. (they had two $15 copies of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand at that time though).

Has anybody been by the entertainmart in Plano yet? It's off Central Expressway and PArker. I'm considering going later this week, but am curious if they have a large enough stock yet.

[quote name='coppanuva']Has anybody been by the entertainmart in Plano yet? It's off Central Expressway and PArker. I'm considering going later this week, but am curious if they have a large enough stock yet.[/QUOTE]

Ya they have a decent amount. Also a heads up they are opening up a store in lewisville soon too.

I went to the new one at their grand opening. I really like their layout (buy counter isn't inconveniently in the middle of the store and cramped), but hopefully time will bring them more stuff... because they didn't have a whole lot.

If you didn't know, all DFW Gamestops are running the 50% bonus trade in promo on games. That mean your getting 60% including Edge. I called today to confirm. Don't miss out on this.

[quote name='spamfree2']If you didn't know, all DFW Gamestops are running the 50% bonus trade in promo on games. That mean your getting 60% including Edge. I called today to confirm. Don't miss out on this.[/QUOTE]
Holy crap, why is this going on?

Yeah, I went to the Plano Entertainmart today, it was pretty cool. I got Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for $6 with original box and manual and Fire Emblem DS for $10. I also got some CDs too. Worth going to. Only sale going on was 3 DVDs for $12 in this box.

[quote name='banpeikun']Whoa, what are some good flip targets for the GS +50% deal?[/QUOTE]

Dunno about flipping, but Professor Layton (DS) gets $30 for trade-in, which is a ton for a game that old that doesn't have Mario in the title, IMO.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Anyone know any local console repair places? Looking for a circuit board for my PS3.[/QUOTE]

You would be better off getting one from ebay.

If you transfer a prescription to Tom Thumb and fill it, you get a free $30 gift card which is transferable to other gift cards, such has Gamestop or TRU. See the coupon in the ad at any Tom Thumb - runs till Feb 23

I plan on moving to McKinney, TX (just north of Dallas) this summer (June most likely). I know there's a Half Price Bookstore up there as I have visited McKinney in the past. There's also a bunch of people advertising to sell games on Craigslist.

By the way, I'm originally from San Antonio...really miss Texas! The food especially (Tex Mex) and anybody who's been to San Antonio will tell you that it's the absolutely best place to eat!

Hope you guys keep this thread open/current...want to hit all the game "hot spots" in/around Dallas and find some bargains :)

[quote name='GraftonWVDiskExchang']I plan on moving to McKinney, TX (just north of Dallas) this summer (June most likely). I know there's a Half Price Bookstore up there as I have visited McKinney in the past. There's also a bunch of people advertising to sell games on Craigslist.

By the way, I'm originally from San Antonio...really miss Texas! The food especially (Tex Mex) and anybody who's been to San Antonio will tell you that it's the absolutely best place to eat!

Hope you guys keep this thread open/current...want to hit all the game "hot spots" in/around Dallas and find some bargains :)[/QUOTE]
There are a few store called Movie Trading Company don't know if they are any good since I live in Austin :p

I was in San Antonio a few months ago looking for some video game stores all you guys had were Gamestops.

Saw Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time at the Wal Mart in The Colony (4691 State Hwy 121) for $26. They had about 4 copies left. It was double priced, though - sticker on the game said $32, but the sticker on the rack said $26. I'm sure they'd honor the $26 price in the event it rang up incorrectly.

Anyone know where to unload unwanted game guides? I need to free up some space not to mention they weigh a ton. I already sold some back at Half Price Books.

[quote name='spamfree2']Anyone know where to unload unwanted game guides? I need to free up some space not to mention they weigh a ton. I already sold some back at Half Price Books.[/QUOTE]

CGX will give you next to nothing for them... not even worth the gas. May just go to a different HPB and unload the rest there.

Have any other people here had bad experiences at the Hwy 75 Best Buy in McKinney, TX (not to be confused with the SW Mckinney store off of 121) regarding @gamer and Gamer RZ certificates/coupons?

Every instance that I've tried to use the @gamer and RZ coupons, I've had the employee get the manager (short, blonde) and she would tell me that the coupon voids itself because full MSRP was originally 59.99 and if I insist on using the coupon that she will have to manually mark it up to that. I'm not talking about "sale" prices, but ANY game even if the current MSRP was 39.99-49.99. I'd like to know if other people are having the same problem before I call to complain.

Used to live in Richardson, in between two Blockbusters before they closed down. Now I'm living near Dallas, near two Blockbusters, a Best Buy, Gamestop, 3 malls, and an Entertainmart.

Right now, I'm hoping for a good deal for Target so I can use my gift card. I know there's Halo Reach and Fable 3 out, but those games never piqued my interest.

bread's done
Back