damn the rockets!!

pukemon

CAGiversary!
traded francis, mobley, and cato for mcgrady. mcgrady's cool and all, but shit. i think francis and mobley are worth more together than mcgrady. and if cato played consistently instead of when he felt like it, he'd be damn good too.

They've still got Yoa and now they will have a great scorer that can do pretty much anything. I think this will be good for the Rockets. The Magic should be a competitive team next season. This seems like a win-win to me.

dont forget the other players houstons gettin, juwan howard's no slouch, tyronn lue is capable of having very big games and reece gaines could be a star in the future, or could be a bust.

trade makes no sense.

Francis had friction with Van Gundy so he had to go, but trading for McGrady is stupid in the sense that he does not fit into the mold of a typical Van Gundy team

I agree... There was no reason for this trade. Magic were trying to build around T-Mac, by acquiring Nelson and trying to woo Shaq.

This is driving me crazy. Why did this happen?

Let's see, Rockets couldn't get past the first round with Francis as point and neglecting Yao. Now they expect success with an even bigger ball-hog? This will set Ming back a few years definitely.

Lue is trash, he even admitted he wasn't confident in a starting role, and Gaines is very close to being a bust. Magic come out pretty good with various pieces they needed but Rockets seriously need to reevaluate their team direction. Argh.

dont forget the other players houstons gettin, juwan howard's no slouch, tyronn lue is capable of having very big games and reece gaines could be a star in the future, or could be a bust.

Juwan has had his better days. Average at best with high salary
Lue is garbage; this is his fourth team as he is passed around more than a slut at a party.
Gaines has the talent but has yet to show it.

I agree... There was no reason for this trade. Magic were trying to build around T-Mac, by acquiring Nelson and trying to woo Shaq.

The trade rocks for my Magic. T-Mac gave up during last season. It shows he still has a lot of maturity to gain. Also shooting 40 shots a game didn't allow anyone a chance to play offense. Shaq isn't even an option. His salary doesn't allow him to go many places. He makes 30 mil next year. Thats between half to 2/3 of the magic salary cap. Grant Hill is still making lots of money.

Time will tell if we keep Francis or if we deal him for others such as Ray Allen.

The trade rocks for my Magic. T-Mac gave up during last season. It shows he still has a lot of maturity to gain. Also shooting 40 shots a game didn't allow anyone a chance to play offense.

Magic should be starting Francis, Mobley, hopefully Hill, Dwight Howard and Cato. Depending on how the rookie does I think they may have a pretty good season ahead of them.

i'm thinking there gonna trade steve francis. i dont know where but i think the magics will ship him elsewhere for other players. jameer nelson was brought to orlando for a reason. maybe they will try to ship francis to the clippers for Q richardson(sign and deal for money has to equal) OR maggette also include Chris Wilcox, Marko Jaric and a 1st round pick.

uhm the trade's done. you're talking about it like it's still up in the air. and we need more defense. yao isn't enough.

[quote name='pukemon']uhm the trade's done. you're talking about it like it's still up in the air. and we need more defense. yao isn't enough.[/quote]
PLEASE READ IT AGAIN MAYBE YOU WILL GET IT.

[quote name='Lstorm34'][quote name='pukemon']uhm the trade's done. you're talking about it like it's still up in the air. and we need more defense. yao isn't enough.[/quote]
PLEASE READ IT AGAIN MAYBE YOU WILL GET IT.[/quote]

NOT YOU!! THE 2 GUYS WHO PROBABLY HAVE DIAL UP OR SOMETHING!! DUH!!

I would say Rockets got the better part of the deal, Stevie Franchise (yeah right) is a great player and an All-star but McGrady is a notch above him.. physically and skillwise. I could care less for all other players involve..

McGrady/Yao might be the new Shaq/Kobe, well see..

rockets clearly got a good deal upgrading steve francis to t-mac, deal was also good for magic as well.

if t-mac doesn't fit with van gundy, they can almost get anyone trading him again.

I think this trade has the potential to be a detriment to Yao, but it can also be a godsend. Francis is good, but I think T-Mac is more versatile so this trade may take some pressure off of Yao. Don't forget also that T-Mac averaged 5.5 assists last season on a piss poor team so he is willing to distribute the ball.

Howard is a damn good third option IMO.

I can see the other side though. T-Mac may stunt Yao's growth, but if he is smart, he will see the potential in the duo. Hopefully Van Gundy can teach T-Mac how to play defense too!

Overall, I think the Rockets got the better of this deal, but as always only time will tell.

I am one to also believe that Rockets got the better end.. I am by god a Yao Ming lover but im not too fond of MacGrady being with the Rockets.. Tho the rockets do need a big scorer but they also need a great passer.. I would think trading MacGrady+ for Kidd+Jefferson? Maybe..

All in all, they are trying to feed Yao. Also Jwuan Howard is a great player too.. Although I dont believe Gaines is that great..

2 guys that each demand a double team? I don't care how you slice it, that's a lot of open jumpers for JJ, Mo T, heck, even Boki and Piatkowski to take.

Defensively, they're still weak, but that's why they have FA.

I thought that the rockets had Steve Francis to be their franchise player, shows that everyone can be traded. Besides it looked as though Yao and Steve were a good duo. IMO a major set back for Houston. All they needed was another good player plus some shooters they can count on instead of Cutino and they would have been a REAL playoff contender. Getting rid of T-mac was the best thing that the Magic have done in a while. He was a ball hog and did not like the team in the first place. But that team has been down hill since they got rid of Doc rivers. Maybe if they could T-mac to be a little bit more cooperative they could have built around him. final comments: good deal Orlando great players all around that can help build a championship, and bad deal Houston breaking there chemistry and their team apart.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']But that team has been down hill since they got rid of Doc rivers. [/quote]

they were downhill before they got rid of Doc.

This is going to end up biting Houston in the ass. McGrady didnt get a long with management, which is why he's out of Orlando. Now he is going to play in a much stricter system under Van Gundy. Francis butted hesds with the coach b/c he wouldnt let Francis loose, McGrady is going to have the same problems.

I hate to say this, but Orlando got the better of this deal. oh and Howard is a slouch, Lue is capable of one big game a year (theguy is a perennial underachiever) and Gaines isnt what he was supposed to be coming out of last year's draft. If the Magic had drafted Omeka Okafur, they'd be fighting for home court in the weak East with their new lineup. As it is, they'll fight for the playoffs. Houston on the other hand is no better then they were before, but i will hold judgment on them until they find a point guard.

[quote name='O-Dog']

Defensively, they're still weak, but that's why they have FA.[/quote]

Are you talking about the Rockets? If so...ARE YOU ON CRACK? The Rockets were top 5 in the NBA in both scoring defense and opponent field goal percentage last year! This trade may hurt them a bit, but they weren't weak defensively so saying they still are is asinine!

By the way, who's/what's FA?

sman113 Posted: June 30, 2004, 2:45 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hiccupleftovers wrote:
But that team has been down hill since they got rid of Doc rivers.

This is going to end up biting Houston in the ass. McGrady didnt get a long with management, which is why he's out of Orlando. Now he is going to play in a much stricter system under Van Gundy. Francis butted hesds with the coach b/c he wouldnt let Francis loose, McGrady is going to have the same problems.

I hate to say this, but Orlando got the better of this deal. oh and Howard is a slouch, Lue is capable of one big game a year (theguy is a perennial underachiever) and Gaines isnt what he was supposed to be coming out of last year's draft. If the Magic had drafted Omeka Okafur, they'd be fighting for home court in the weak East with their new lineup. As it is, they'll fight for the playoffs. Houston on the other hand is no better then they were before, but i will hold judgment on them until they find a point guard.

Your right they've been down hill since they upsetted the ball hog *cough Mcgrady* by trading his only friend on the team mike miller. Also thank you for summing it up a little better than i did.

[quote name='chickenhawk'][quote name='O-Dog']

Defensively, they're still weak, but that's why they have FA.[/quote]

Are you talking about the Rockets? If so...ARE YOU ON CRACK? The Rockets were top 5 in the NBA in both scoring defense and opponent field goal percentage last year! This trade may hurt them a bit, but they weren't weak defensively so saying they still are is asinine!

By the way, who's/what's FA?[/quote]

Lost Cato's weak side blocking (not to mention overall physicality) and CM's suffocating full court play (check out his games against Kobe during round 1) on opponent's 2.

Losing those 2 starters (CM alone logged 40+ minutes a game) makes them weaker defensively.

FA is free agency.

I don't smoke crack. You've misinterpreted the chronological connotation of my "still." I didn't mean the Rox were defensively weak all last year (hell, I'm the first to tout JVG as premier defensive tactician) I just meant still as in post-McGrady trade. Hope this clears it up for you, chickenhawk.

[quote name='O-Dog'] I didn't mean the Rox were defensively weak all last year (hell, I'm the first to tout JVG as premier defensive tactician) I just meant still as in post-McGrady trade. Hope this clears it up for you, chickenhawk.[/quote]

Indeed it does. :D And I agree, the trade does burt them defensively.

[quote name='sman113'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']But that team has been down hill since they got rid of Doc rivers. [/quote]

I hate to say this, but Orlando got the better of this deal. oh and Howard is a slouch, Lue is capable of one big game a year (theguy is a perennial underachiever) and Gaines isnt what he was supposed to be coming out of last year's draft. If the Magic had drafted Omeka Okafur, they'd be fighting for home court in the weak East with their new lineup. As it is, they'll fight for the playoffs. Houston on the other hand is no better then they were before, but i will hold judgment on them until they find a point guard.[/quote]

Howars put up consistently good #'s his whole career, I wouldn't call him a slouch. Oh and another thing, its not "omeka Okafur" it'd Emeka Okafor.

that's another thing. the rockets are not a defense at all now. they weren't the greatest defense last year, but yeah they were in the top. but that's because the nba doesn't stress defense as much anymore. maybe some coaches will recognize detroit's defense and learn from it.

This trade helps out the rockets incredibly. I have been a Rockets season ticket holder for years and it's about time they got rid of Francis and Mobley.

Those are a pair of selfish players. I'm sick of seeing Francis' stats.... 3 assists in 32 minutes... What the heck kind of point guard is that??

Hope you enjoy, Orlando. Houston finally was able to get rid of these 2 street ball losers. They'll see that Francis gets his numbers by hogging the ball and just shooting alot in the game. That doesn't help your team, especially when you are taking crap shots. He also turns over the ball alot, when he should be PASSING.

Francis' style of play was better left at the playground. He's a less talented Allen Iverson. Of course, Allen Iverson makes his teammates better, Francis doesn't.

I think this was a pretty even deal. The rockets got (of course) McGrady and Howard. The Magic got Francis, Mobley, and some others. On my own chart, McGrady is better than Francis, but Mobley and Francis obviously overpower McGrady. Howard and McGrady overpower Francis and Mobley, and the extra players even it out a bit.

bread's done
Back