Damn you ToysRUs

bwilso80

CAGiversary!
So I recently ordered Guitar hero 3 for the xbox360 from ToysRUs.I placed the order12/28/07, Recieved it in the mail today. When I opened it up low and behold I got the Wii version. I called customer support and waited 30 minutes, they stated that they would send me the correct version. He said i could also return it to a store before, i got the Return address label if I wanted to.

Then he decided he could just 2 day mail me proper version. He went to discuss this with his supervisor and he returned to the phone stating they were sold out.He then stated that they filled my order with a filler version.What is a filler version, if you do not have that system, I asked him. He was stumped he then stated the most he can do is credit my in 7-10 business days when they recieved the Wii version back Or I could exchange it at a store.

I decide to go to the store and see if I can return it. I called the store, good they had 3 xbox360 versions., I gave them my name and they kept one for me, I drive a half hour to the store, get to customer service and they refuse to return the wii version without a proper reciept. I ask to speak to a manager and he is out for the evening. I call back the 1-800- number and the service rep says they are sorry for my incovience and the most they are willing to do is send me the return to sender label and credit my account. I explained the whole situation and he said the same thing. So I decided to email a representative and am anticipating their responce.

Does anyone else find this sketchy at all. To have a filler version of a game for a completely different system.Then have them state, they cannot do anything about it.
I am tired of Corporations raping the little man all the time.

Shady deals. I am tired of the thats all we can do response. Sorry it happened all we can do. Wtf, rectal ram rods.

Didn't it come with a invoice when you received it? Usually that counts as the receipt for online orders. Even if the invoice says 360, just explain they shipped it for the wrong system and want to exchange it for the right one.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Didn't it come with a invoice when you received it? Usually that counts as the receipt for online orders. Even if the invoice says 360, just explain they shipped it for the wrong system and want to exchange it for the right one.[/quote]

HA! Now a bunch of B&M stores are starting to refuse returns from their online counterparts with just the invoice/manifest.

Target told me I couldn't return an item from target.com with just the packing slip/manifest/invoice, and that I had to go back and print out a receipt for store return. Total BS. That and now those bastards don't take back anything without an official official receipt, what a load of shit. I ended up with extra crap from my baby's baby shower that I couldn't return without a receipt, yet it was on the freaking baby shower gift registry at Target...they told me to go to the registry computer and print out a receipt for it and they had cleared it out of the system after 1 month. Ridiculous!

Yeah it is total bull, it seems like they will need dna sampling soon to even determine if you are even worthy enough to return it.

Why not do a credit card dispute? You tried to get it resolved and if they said they can't help you than I think it's fair to do a dispute

I think by "cannot help me" he means they can't help him take it back to a B&M TRU to get the 360 version now. They are probably still willing to send him a return label and will refund the money after they get it.

Yeah they are willing to give me a return label, for it but it was the whole they sent me A wii version as filler. Why not just emailing me saying they do not have any xb360 ones. Instead of sending out a wii version. If i wanted a wii version i would of got it.

[quote name='bwilso80']Yeah they are willing to give me a return label, for it but it was the whole they sent me A wii version as filler. Why not just emailing me saying they do not have any xb360 ones. Instead of sending out a wii version. If i wanted a wii version i would of got it.[/quote]
That is ridiculous. I've never heard of a company sending out "filler" items.

On second thought, keep it and sell it on ebay for $120. :D

That is what the rep told me. I never had that happen either. Hopefully I get the right stuff from gamefly.

bread's done
Back