Dance Central for free at Old Navy with $25 purchase on Nov 27th

JGonspy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
sweet i'm in for that...I still have $150'ish on a gift card so its not even money out of my pocket and when I get to Kinect I'll have a game

I just hope its in an actual game case and not just a plastic sleeve or something

i was gonna say 'isnt that usa only' but i'm looking at the fine print, says saturday for canada

wristbands while supplies last

I was at this event last year for Lego Rockband. you get the full retail game like you would purchase anywhere else. they usually discount a lot of stuff too so you really end up with a good haul

[quote name='mabba18']Not a bad deal, but could you add "with $25 purchase" to the title, please?[/QUOTE]

Sure. I can't go back in time to change your own experience unfortunately.

I would never consider buying this, but I've liked Harmonix since Amplitude.

You can easily spend $25 at old navy, so yeah it's free.

What were the lines like last year?

I would never consider buying this, but I've never played a dancing game before. but I've also liked Harmonix since Amplitude

What were the lines like last year?

Awesome.

[quote name='True Kronic']I would never consider buying this, but I've never played a dancing game before. but I've also liked Harmonix since Amplitude

What were the lines like last year?[/QUOTE]
For Lego Rock Band I showed up 30 min before opening and there were maybe ~8 people in line at my nearest location (Rideau). They had crates of the game though, I'd imagine they couldn't have run out before afternoon.

I don't have Kinect, but that would've been a nice deal since I just spent $30 at Old Navy today on their extra 50% off clearance. Somebody at GameStop is probably typing up the memo to drop Dance Central's TIV to $7.

so...this deal may be dead in the water...
I was bored so I actually emailed Old Navy Customer Support in Canada to veryify that this was indeed taking place in Canadian stores as well and got this back as a reply:

"Thank you for your email. The event in question is for our Old Navy
Cardholders, which is only offered in the U.S. As a result, we are not
offering a similar promotion in Canada. We apologize for any
disappointment this may cause."

I hope the person just doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. I'll actually be at the Old Navy in Upper Canada Mall tomorrow anyway picking some things up so mid as well ask them when I'm there

It specifically says 'Saturday November 27 in Canada' on the ad, plus the LEGO Batman promotion from last year was also in Canada so I'm pretty sure that Customer Support employer just isn't aware.

I went to Old Navy to pre-shop for Saturday and asked some questions.

So, they are opening at 7:00AM (Calgary, Sunridge location), and will have an allocation of 25 units.

That's pretty early for a game ...

Any CAG's going to this location?

cool, i just got an open box kinect for 97$, and i know my girlfriend would really love this game for christmas. Thanks OP. (i get myself boxers or pants so thats a bonus)

Incidentally does anyone know where the best place to trade in an unopened game is?;) I want to avoid dealing with eBay.

[quote name='ssmm']Incidentally does anyone know where the best place to trade in an unopened game is?;) I want to avoid dealing with eBay.[/QUOTE]

Not really the kind of behavior we appreciate at CAG to be honest...:shame:

just so people realize, pretty much all ON locations (including ones in malls) are opening at 7am on saturday to hand out the game. So if you're ON store is in a mall don't assume its opening at 9am as per normal mall hours. Best to call the store and verify they are indeed opening at 7am as the website mentions

The Bayshore location had a couple boxes (that I saw). Glad I didn't go super early. Not sure how many were in each box, but I'm guesstimating probably ~30/box. They were just tapping into the boxes at 7:45am when I left.

Have an awesome weekend!

Yeah just called Old Navy at Promenade, they sold out in the first 10 minutes, so that saves me a trip! I didn't get home till like 3am last night, I just shoulda hoofed it to Old Navy! Take along some of those tall boys I got on sale! :D

I got my copy at the Market Mall location in Calgary! Was there at 6:45am, we were about 16th in line. They told me they had 90 copies, and figured they'd be gone by 9am or so.

Foolishly went to Bayshore too late.

It was a zoo in there. I didn't even bother to ask if they had any left, which I can probably guarantee they didn't.

[quote name='popbottlepirate']Windsor only had 29 copies. So I dragged my mom down and we each got a copy. lolz[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing at the Guelph location. Arrived around 7:30 and we each got a bracelet and some Christmas shopping done

[quote name='dan13l858']I went to a store that had two copies. I repeat TWO COPIES. There was over 100 people in line. Way to blow it Old Navy.[/QUOTE]

Under 10 copies at my store, too. I went late because I didn't care about the game (I just needed pants, lol), and I heard from someone in line.

bread's done
Back