dance dance mario mix gamecube????

bluekeith75

CAGiversary!
I have been looking for this for my daughter for christmas and have been told it was discontinued. I have checked cc, bb, gamecrazy, gamerush, toys r us etc same story everywhere. Does anyone know why it was discontinued and if it will be re-released?

Just really popular. Keep up. That's been on the threads and news sites for a while. My bestbuy said they'll have a couple more soon. I for am going there every day to check because I need one for a gift myself.

Thank you for the info. I have to find it before christmas but I refuse to pay the high prices it's going for on ebay.

Yeah eBay prices are just crazy.

The game can be found is huge supply in some areas and none in others. Nintendo is still making it but some places have sold out and the dumbasses working at the stores lie about it being discontinued.

[quote name='David85']Yeah eBay prices are just crazy.

The game can be found is huge supply in some areas and none in others. Nintendo is still making it but some places have sold out and the dumbasses working at the stores lie about it being discontinued.[/QUOTE]

Man, you really know nothing.

BTW, Nintendo sent a fax to EB HQ and the HQ just handed down a memo within the past 48 hours stating that it is, infact, discontinued for the time being.

[quote name='Scorch']Man, you really know nothing.

BTW, Nintendo sent a fax to EB HQ and the HQ just handed down a memo within the past 48 hours stating that it is, infact, discontinued for the time being.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. From what I understand, manufacturing the pads is non-trivial, so they can't just fire up the presses and get more product in stores. I think that expectations of a restock before Christmas may be naive. There should definitely be plenty Q1 2006, though.

I've been hearing that the next shipment should be expected some time in February. So if you can't find one in your area you'll have to wait till then.

As an employee of the Nintendo World Store in NYC, the last word I heard from the big N is that there is a shortage now but there will be another production run after the holidays (kind of like the xbox 360).

As of today 12/7/05 , my store still has like 200 copies of it but we are selling more and more each day due to this rumor of it being discontinued.

[quote name='David85']
And from waht I understand you are just a bunch of dumbasses.[/QUOTE]

No, the dumbasses are the ones who will pay $125 for a copy of a $50 game.

My Bestbuy is getting 20 or so more in a couple days. And they've already presold 12 not including the one I just bought in advance.

The product information for DDR Mario Mix at my Best Buy was deleted. Nintendo might have quietly reproduced new ones becasue it was definetly deleted at my Best Buy. I'll check on Saturday when I work what the status on it is.

Sounds like a simple supply and demand issue. As nwaugh noted, the dance pad inventory was likely pre-determined and they aren't going to "fire up the production line" again this close to the end of the year. Whatever is available now is all there's going to be this season, regardless of where in the distribution chain it is. However, I'm sure the product will go back into production again the beginning of next year.

Exactly. It's not "temporarily discontinued". There really isn't such a thing. Nintendo made, let's say 1 million copies. Thinknig they will make more later. it sold better than they thought and sold out in some areas. Theyare making mre, just not now and won't be out until after the new year.

Both of those articles are bullshit.

Both Gamestop and EBGames were ORDERED to pull the game off the shelves and ship them back to Nintendo. Go check the Gamestop inventory online - EVERYWHERE has 0 available. The game is popular, but you think every gamestop everywhere sold out? Hardly.

The issue is that the peeps that make the mat broke the contract. Not only did they not make enough, but they wouldn't be able to produce any significant quantites until March. If the game is going to be produced again, it will be with a different company making the mats.

Dave

Does no one pay attention to what the fuck I say?

Nintendo issued this official statement, "Nintendo is very pleased with the success of Mario DDR. In fact, there has been such high demand, it has driven out-of-stock situations at retail. Nintendo is currently reviewing its plans to bring in more product in 2006."

That means MORE will be made, and it's not discontinued like some of you dumbass freaks still don't want to believe.

[quote name='David85']Does no one pay attention to what the fuck I say?[/quote]

Yeah they do, they just don't care. The website you use as a reference isn't right. The order to pull the remaining copies at Gamestop came AFTER that article which was written 10 days ago.

That means MORE will be made, and it's not discontinued like some of you dumbass freaks still don't want to believe.

Well, NO, that doesn't mean more are being made. As of this moment, none are being made because they are having a dispute with the people that made the pads. And according to that "official" statement, it says "Nintendo is currently reviewing its plans to bring in more product in 2006". That doesn't mean MORE will be made, it means more MIGHT be made, so STFU.

As i said, not only is gamestop backordered, but ZERO stores within 100 miles of me have any, and that encompasses 70-80 stores. All of them sold out? Yeah right. You may not want to use the word discontinued, but there may or may not be more copies of this game produced again, and its marked as discontinued in Gamestop and EB's system. You can argue semantics all you want.

Dave

Well I believe the people who say it's temporarily discontinued now. But it'll be back. It's too hot a seller.

Well they must me making some. Quite a few places have had some on and off for the past few weeks. And Circuit City, Best Buy and a few other places have told me there getting some more in a couple days, or all the ones coming in are pre-sold. So i'm not so sure about the pad problem. There must still be some there making.

[quote name='MightySlacker']Both of those articles are bullshit.

Both Gamestop and EBGames were ORDERED to pull the game off the shelves and ship them back to Nintendo. Go check the Gamestop inventory online - EVERYWHERE has 0 available. The game is popular, but you think every gamestop everywhere sold out? Hardly.

The issue is that the peeps that make the mat broke the contract. Not only did they not make enough, but they wouldn't be able to produce any significant quantites until March. If the game is going to be produced again, it will be with a different company making the mats.

Dave[/QUOTE]

actually one of my stores is showing 1-3

[quote name='j.elles']Well they must me making some. Quite a few places have had some on and off for the past few weeks. And Circuit City, Best Buy and a few other places have told me there getting some more in a couple days, or all the ones coming in are pre-sold. So i'm not so sure about the pad problem. There must still be some there making.[/QUOTE]

i believe dave also...i would assume the ones that are left are just from inventory. hehe maybe Nintendo should hire RedOctane to do their pads.

bread's done
Back