Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 PS2 - Deal Dead/Ongoing Discussion

It's ok.

Without a new arcade unit, I'll be an ITG player. To me, most if not all of the fun of dancing games is hanging out with that arcade crowd and socializing. When its just you in the living room at home, it's not quite the same thing.

If you don't have ITG PS2 yet, make sure you picked up a copy of that. :p

I stopped playing DDR a few years ago, but that seems like a good songlist. A few of those songs are classics from 3rd Mix that are finally running at 60fps, so it might be worth picking up.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up, OP! Everybody get ready to cross your arms and do the mamoushka on your pads...

[edit: the default shipping method appears to be 2-day air. You guys will/have probably been carefull to change it to (free) ground shipping, but in case you didn't, 2-day air comes up for about $7). I had to call and have it changed on mine.]

[quote name='BrandonMills']It's ok.

Without a new arcade unit, I'll be an ITG player. To me, most if not all of the fun of dancing games is hanging out with that arcade crowd and socializing. When its just you in the living room at home, it's not quite the same thing.

If you don't have ITG PS2 yet, make sure you picked up a copy of that. :p[/QUOTE]

Most of the time it's my friends and me in the living room. I hardly play by myself at home anymore. I also do frequent the arcade since I can't stand to play difficult songs without the bar. Have you seen the new ITG 2 cabinet?

Well, normally I'd wait for a price drop, but...

1. I'm a DDR Nut
2. The playlist is awesome!
3. Price drops normally don't happen very fast with DDR Games, and not many people trade them in.

So I ordered, thanks OP! I wouldn't have for 39.99 though. Now I want a new Disney mix....shut up, stop laughing.

I'm not a hardcore DDR guy -- I had DDR Max 2. What's the difference between them all (besides the EyeToy in the Extreme series)? Just tracklists?

[quote name='Friedle']I'm not a hardcore DDR guy -- I had DDR Max 2. What's the difference between them all (besides the EyeToy in the Extreme series)? Just tracklists?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much just the tracklists, some new features, but nothing really special. Tracklist is the only reason to buy a new game, but believe me, if it's good...it's worth it. :)

And this one is REALLY worth it!

[quote name='Cmosfm']Pretty much just the tracklists, some new features, but nothing really special. Tracklist is the only reason to buy a new game, but believe me, if it's good...it's worth it. :)

And this one is REALLY worth it![/QUOTE]

In The Groove also ads the battle mode if you are into multiplayer DDR. The ITG workout mode is also broken as the calorie count is WAY off. But the game is worth it for the battle mode. It is a lot of fun.

[quote name='NeoStrider']what's a good dance pad to get? or should I just get the one bundled with DDR?[/QUOTE]

The bundled pad is a good starter pad, but when you start to get good you'll want something that doesn't move a foot across the room by the time you're done with a song. Then you'll want a Red Octane Ignition pad which will set you back 100.00

[quote name='Cmosfm']Then you'll want a Red Octane Ignition pad which will set you back 100.00[/QUOTE]

If you're willing to shell out about a hundred bucks for a dance pad, then you might also be willing to consider this pad from Vortz:

http://www.vortz.com/product_2102_5477.html

It's halfway between a soft pad and a metal pad. It's hard (acrylic? plastic?) and costs a good bit to ship--although not as much as a metal pad--if you're not willing to spend $200-300 for an honest to goodness metal pad. Some reviews have panned these pads for poor durability, but I've been fairly pleased with my own. I am not a hardcore fan, however, and probably do not put mine through as much wear & tear as others might. {these pads were a much better bargain a while back; Vortz upped the prices on all of their pads by a good $30 or so some time ago.}

[edit: cmosfm; yeah, but the buttons on Vortz's pad light up! :) Your method certainly sounds very practical and I can see it working pretty well, too. When I got the Vortz pad, however, it was only about ten bucks more than a decent soft pad ($60) so it seemed worthwhile. I couldn't drag my lazy carcass to the local Home Depot. Oh...the effort....]

[quote name='RBM']If you're willing to shell out about a hundred bucks for a dance pad, then you might also be willing to consider this pad from Vortz:

http://www.vortz.com/product_2102_5477.html

It's halfway between a soft pad and a metal pad. It's hard (acrylic? plastic?) and costs a good bit to ship--although not as much as a metal pad--if you're not willing to spend $200-300 for an honest to goodness metal pad. Some reviews have panned these pads for poor durability, but I've been fairly pleased with my own. I am not a hardcore fan, however, and probably do not put mine through as much wear & tear as others might. {these pads were a much better bargain a while back; Vortz upped the prices on all of their pads by a good $30 or so some time ago.}[/QUOTE]

Actually, your best bet is to do what I did.

Get the Red Octane Ignition pad, go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and have them cut a piece of plywood 31" x 32" and 1/4 inch thick. Put that inside the pad under the dense foam insert. Works amazingly well and is inexpensive.

Besides, that Voltz is ugly as sin, looks like a fucked up Twister game.

[quote name='rickybee2003']Cmosfm how much was this peice of plywood you speak of?[/QUOTE]

I think it was like 10-15.00, maybe more maybe less, can't remember. You have to pay for the entire big sheet and they cut it for you, I got 2 pieces of the big cut sheet. :)

[quote name='Cmosfm']Actually, your best bet is to do what I did.

Get the Red Octane Ignition pad, go to your local Home Depot or Lowes and have them cut a piece of plywood 31" x 32" and 1/4 inch thick. Put that inside the pad under the dense foam insert. Works amazingly well and is inexpensive.

Besides, that Voltz is ugly as sin, looks like a fucked up Twister game.[/QUOTE]
I used corkboard on mine. Gets the job done, and it's much lighter.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I used corkboard on mine. Gets the job done, and it's much lighter.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm not 120 lbs so it'd probably break on me. LOL

Nice price, I'm tempted to pre-order but I'm still undecided (I have all the major import DDR games so most of the older DDR songs in the game I have on other mixes). I am probably going to hold out for a final songlist with unlocks before I decide if I get it or not (if it has some unreleased in a home version songs like Senorita, Petit Love, A Minute (Extended Mix), More Than I Needed To Know etc. then I'll probably get it)

I stopped frequenting DDRFreak so I'd stop spending so much money on DDR!!! Wow, so tempting...okay, ordering. I already have most of the older songs since I have all of the Japanese and US PS/PS2 DDR games but the new framerate should make the price worth it.

I'm picking it up for the new songs.

Playing it every day still cycling through the past 3 DDR PS2 mixes + ITG. I think I need more variety in my DDR life.

For the one who asked: the MSRP is $39.99.

I hadn't played at home in a long time but ITG got me started again, so I'm preordering this. Thanks OP!!

I read came across this a few weeks ago. I badly want DDR Extreme 2, but I'm unsure when I would actually get my pre-order, since I never ordered from Outpost.com.

I just got an e-mail this morning telling me my order is out of stock. I do not know if that means it is a pre-order and they are not shipping it out yet or that so many people ordered it that when they do get it in it will be backordered. Anyone else get this e-mail and does anyone know what it means?

[quote name='WarlordFDC']I just got an e-mail this morning telling me my order is out of stock. I do not know if that means it is a pre-order and they are not shipping it out yet or that so many people ordered it that when they do get it in it will be backordered. Anyone else get this e-mail and does anyone know what it means?[/QUOTE]
All Outpost preorders claim to be out of stock. You'll get this on time.

Hopefully Extreme 2 will make up for Extreme... I hope they don't use that dumb interface again...

I wish I could play my JP mixes here but the HDTV makes the timing really bad.

I actually liked the interface and songs of DDR Extreme a lot. DDR Extreme (U.S.) still has my favorite song to ever be in a DDR game. I'm going to try order this game this weekend, if I find out EB Games isn't getting in the bonus item.

yeah extreme has V for Extreme and its the only song i have every AAA on heavy, plus its kickass.

God thank the lord my older brother's friend let us use his cobalt fluxes and forgot about them :whistle2:D

When does this game come out? I preordered 2 weeks ago and just want to know.

But yes, this deal is dead.

[quote name='tayaf69']When does this game come out? I preordered 2 weeks ago and just want to know.

But yes, this deal is dead.[/QUOTE]

Last I heard it should be out the end of this month.

[quote name='weizur']My frys in Austin started selling metal pads, anyone know if those pads are any good?[/QUOTE]

If you're going to get a metal pad, then I suggest getting a Cobalt Flux. Theyre about $350 shipped, but its pretty much going to last you the rest of your life.

[quote name='RandomNPC']If you're going to get a metal pad, then I suggest getting a Cobalt Flux. Theyre about $350 shipped, but its pretty much going to last you the rest of your life.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have heard bad things about a lot of metal pads. Basically you get what you pay for. If you pick up one for around $100 it won't be lasting too long, the wires may come disconnected, it may become much less sensitive, ect.

I have had my CF pads for alomst 6 months now and they work just as good as they did when I first got them.

Yeah, any other metal pad other than the Cobalt Flux seems to be a waste of money since they have a very limited life. I have had my Cobalt Flux for almost 2 years and other than a few cosmetic issues like a few scuffs, the pad works perfectly. I'm thinking of picking up a 2nd one for doubles mode and for Pump It Up (I have the version 1 pad that won't work with Pump)

If you're looking for something less expensive, I would go with the Level Six Ignition Style pads. They're $50, foam pads, with a USB cord so you can use it with Stepmania. Those pads lasted me about a year and theyre a pretty good value, considering its almost the same as the $100 RedOctane pads.

[quote name='WilliamG']I ordered this a few weeks back from Outpost, and now I don't even see the game on their website. Anyone else see it?[/QUOTE]

It's out, and Fry's has charged me for it today, so I guess we'll be getting it soon. :)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Yeah, any other metal pad other than the Cobalt Flux seems to be a waste of money since they have a very limited life. I have had my Cobalt Flux for almost 2 years and other than a few cosmetic issues like a few scuffs, the pad works perfectly. I'm thinking of picking up a 2nd one for doubles mode and for Pump It Up (I have the version 1 pad that won't work with Pump)[/QUOTE]

There is an exception to this rule however. I purchased a cheapy ($140...is what is was supposed to be) metal mat from ebay and it's lasted over two years now...and I play almost daily...on Heavy. The only problem I've had with mine is that the wiring was pretty crap...but it took all but ten minutes to solder the wires, and I've had not a single problem with mine...

(Maybe I should find someone with a broken metal pad and try to buy it off them...then solder the wires...then have me a second pad for double mode!)

Now that the game is out, does anyone have a songlist yet? I really want to know what I'm getting...Extreme was a little disappointing, IMO.

[quote name='Rig']There is an exception to this rule however. I purchased a cheapy ($140...is what is was supposed to be) metal mat from ebay and it's lasted over two years now...and I play almost daily...on Heavy. The only problem I've had with mine is that the wiring was pretty crap...but it took all but ten minutes to sauder the wires, and I've had not a single problem with mine...

(Maybe I should find someone with a broken metal pad and try to buy it off them...then sauder the wires...then have me a second pad for double mode!)

Now that the game is out, does anyone have a songlist yet? I really want to know what I'm getting...Extreme was a little disappointing, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and it looks really good!

ABSOLUTE Cuff-N-Stuff it Mix
AFRONOVA
AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL
against all odds
air
as the rush comes
BE LOVIN
block rockin beats
boom boom dollar (kog g3 mix)
BRILLIANT 2U
BRILLIANT 2U K.O.G G3 MIX
BURNIN' THE FLOOR
BURNIN' THE FLOOR BLUE FIRE mix
butterfly (upswing mix)
Can Be Real
CANDY♥
captain jack (gandale mix)
cartoon heroes (speedy mix)
Colors(for EXTREME)
crazy in love
DAIKENKAI
DIVE
DYNAMITE RAVE
DYNAMITE RAVE B4 ZA BEAT MIX
genie in a bottle
get busy
Happy Wedding
Heaven Is a '57 metallic gray (gimmix)
I Need You (Insideout Door Mix)
i will survive
in the heat of the night
INFINITE PRAYER
INJECTION OF LOVE (HINA MIX)
INSERTiON (Machine Gun Kelly Mix)
INSIDE YOUR HEART
irresistiblement
KEEP ON MOVIN' DMX Mix
La Bamba
la copa de la vida
L'amour et la liberté
look at us (daddy dj remix)
Look To The Sky Trance Mix
Look To The Sky True Color Mix
LOVE IS ORANGE
Make A Difference
MARIA (I Believe...)
Miracle Moon ~L.E.D.LIGHT STYLE MIX~
my my my
oops! i did it again
PARANOiA
PARANOiA survivor
PARANOiA survivor MAX
PASSION OF LOVE
play that funky music
Polovtsian Dances and Chorus
pump up the volume
Quickening
SAKURA
Sana Mollete Ne Ente B.L.T.style
Saturday Night Love
SEDUCTION
SEXY PLANET
SEXY PLANET (from NONSTOP MEGAMIX)
silence (airscape mix)
speed over beethoven
spin spin sugar
SWEET SWEET ♥ MAGIC
sync (EXTREME version)
TOMORROW
TwinBee ~Generation X~
un deux trois
wonderful night
you gotta move it

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yep, and it looks really good!

ABSOLUTE Cuff-N-Stuff it Mix
AFRONOVA
AFRONOVA PRIMEVAL
against all odds
air
as the rush comes
BE LOVIN
block rockin beats
boom boom dollar (kog g3 mix)
BRILLIANT 2U
BRILLIANT 2U K.O.G G3 MIX
BURNIN' THE FLOOR
BURNIN' THE FLOOR BLUE FIRE mix
butterfly (upswing mix)
Can Be Real
CANDY♥
captain jack (gandale mix)
cartoon heroes (speedy mix)
Colors(for EXTREME)
crazy in love
DAIKENKAI
DIVE
DYNAMITE RAVE
DYNAMITE RAVE B4 ZA BEAT MIX
genie in a bottle
get busy
Happy Wedding
Heaven Is a '57 metallic gray (gimmix)
I Need You (Insideout Door Mix)
i will survive
in the heat of the night
INFINITE PRAYER
INJECTION OF LOVE (HINA MIX)
INSERTiON (Machine Gun Kelly Mix)
INSIDE YOUR HEART
irresistiblement
KEEP ON MOVIN' DMX Mix
La Bamba
la copa de la vida
L'amour et la liberté
look at us (daddy dj remix)
Look To The Sky Trance Mix
Look To The Sky True Color Mix
LOVE IS ORANGE
Make A Difference
MARIA (I Believe...)
Miracle Moon ~L.E.D.LIGHT STYLE MIX~
my my my
oops! i did it again
PARANOiA
PARANOiA survivor
PARANOiA survivor MAX
PASSION OF LOVE
play that funky music
Polovtsian Dances and Chorus
pump up the volume
Quickening
SAKURA
Sana Mollete Ne Ente B.L.T.style
Saturday Night Love
SEDUCTION
SEXY PLANET
SEXY PLANET (from NONSTOP MEGAMIX)
silence (airscape mix)
speed over beethoven
spin spin sugar
SWEET SWEET ♥ MAGIC
sync (EXTREME version)
TOMORROW
TwinBee ~Generation X~
un deux trois
wonderful night
you gotta move it[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty good. Does that include the unlockable songs? About fucking time on Sakura too!

The stores near me havent gotten it in yet. I think they'll probably have it by tomorrow in my area.

[quote name='Rig']Looks pretty good. Does that include the unlockable songs? About fucking time on Sakura too![/QUOTE]

I think that's including unlockables. I hear a LARGE portion of the songlist is locked at start, but that's just hear-say, so I can't back that up.

[quote name='Rig']There is an exception to this rule however. I purchased a cheapy ($140...is what is was supposed to be) metal mat from ebay and it's lasted over two years now...and I play almost daily...on Heavy. The only problem I've had with mine is that the wiring was pretty crap...but it took all but ten minutes to sauder the wires, and I've had not a single problem with mine...

(Maybe I should find someone with a broken metal pad and try to buy it off them...then sauder the wires...then have me a second pad for double mode!)

Now that the game is out, does anyone have a songlist yet? I really want to know what I'm getting...Extreme was a little disappointing, IMO.[/QUOTE]

solder... not trying to be picky or a smartass.. I only know how to spell it from working making stained glass windows...

on topic, I actually got this game today, picked up a VERY cheap madcatz pad from Target for 5 bucks, got home, modded it to thick board I had used on a previosly modded pad... popped it in (songlist is decent so far... stuff like MARRS Pump up the Volume stood out, the usual Captain Jack crap, oh yeah one of my favorite Chemical Brothers songs: Block Rockin Beats, was on it too, as were alot of remakes of older gons: Against all odds, Oops.. I did it again, Genie in a Bottle, etc,etc)

Played for 45-60, got totally sweaty and nasty, then ran out and jomepd in the pool to cool off... total bliss

bread's done
Back