Dance Factory $19.99 at Best Buy

Nice to see it had a price drop. Once it hits $9.99, I'll pick it up since it's the only way I'll be able to play some of my favorite DDR songs at home without using a simulator.

THIS ISN'T WORTH IT. DON'T BUY IT FOR ANY REASON.

The synching sucks on this thing and it can't generate anything harder than the easiest song on the hardest difficulty in DDR (i.e. a 6-footer).

I'll be able to play some of my favorite DDR songs at home without using a simulator.

[quote name='Nohbdy']THIS ISN'T WORTH IT. DON'T BUY IT FOR ANY REASON.

The synching sucks on this thing and it can't generate anything harder than the easiest song on the hardest difficulty in DDR (i.e. a 6-footer).[/quote]
For the record, I bought this as a replacement for one of my eBay buyers but I'm sure other people will appreciate the heads-up. An additional word of warning though: the first copy that I sent to this guy was a dud (failed to play on 3 different PS2s) and the game was factory sealed.

I wouldn't waste my time with ITG

Unless you like dancing to completely boring music

DDR Extreme 2 [US] and DDR 5th mix [PSOne, Japanese] are my favorites [though if I had a modded PS2, then maybe MAX1/2 or Extreme might be the ones]

Hmm... I was thinking this would be good for playing songs that would otherwise not be available on DDR. I was thinking of picking this up when it was cheaper. The only DDR games I have played are the ones that came out on the PSone.

So Dance Factory wouldn't be good idea as my first PS2 DDR, even at a cheap price?

I picked this up last week after having played a friend's copy and felt like chiming in here. No, the game's not that great. The graphics are bare bones and the steps it produces don't always match the music that well. That being said, I'm actually way more into this than into DDR because it doesn't take that long for me to get sick of DDR's track lists. Generic J-Pop and techno tracks are ok for a while, but sometimes you want something way different. I like being able to throw in something that you'd never get to play in a DDR game and jump around to it. I know I won't play this game that much, but I figured that I'd play it from time to time and so I picked up a copy. Basically, if you casually enjoy this type of rhythm game, have eclectic taste in music and a good CD collection, this is probably worth 20 bucks, certainly it would be worth ten down the line

bread's done
Back