Dark City Director's Cut Blu-Ray $18.95 at Amazon or $12 at Tower.com

Thanks, OP. Was about to run out to Fry's, but it's the same price. I rather not pay taxes...but I need to add something else to get the free shipping.

Best Buy is listing at the same price. I have GC there and the whole instant gratification thing makes it preferable, but it's showing no stores around me have it in stock.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Best Buy is listing at the same price. I have GC there and the whole instant gratification thing makes it preferable, but it's showing no stores around me have it in stock.[/quote]

Hmm.. wasn't there a 10% BB coupon somewhere that we can also use this week?

[quote name='cagfansub']Hmm.. wasn't there a 10% BB coupon somewhere that we can also use this week?[/quote]

It expired yesterday. :cry:

Wow what a great deal on a great movie. Anyone know if the director's cut got rid of the narration at the beginning of the movie?

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Wow what a great deal on a great movie. Anyone know if the director's cut got rid of the narration at the beginning of the movie?[/quote]

According to what I read, yes, it was moved to another part of the film.

I was reading that the extra footage is very important to the plot, much in the same manner that the extra footage to Donnie Darko helped take out a lot of speculation of what happened at the end.

[quote name='tacgnol']I was reading that the extra footage is very important to the plot, much in the same manner that the extra footage to Donnie Darko helped take out a lot of speculation of what happened at the end.[/quote]

I hate the director's cut of Donnie Darko... the first one is great. I like that you actually have to think about it and not have it told to you.

[quote name='DestroVega']I hate the director's cut of Donnie Darko... the first one is great. I like that you actually have to think about it and not have it told to you.[/quote]i'm with you on that, that version sucked. i'm assuming the dark city dir. cut is better since it's the original vision, rather than a dead horse beating that the DD cut was.

My just arrived in the mail today, according to the back of the case it also has the theatrical edition for those of you who were wondering about that.

It also has a second disc for your computer so you can have a digital version of it.

[quote name='probablysober']My just arrived in the mail today, according to the back of the case it also has the theatrical edition for those of you who were wondering about that.

It also has a second disc for your computer so you can have a digital version of it.[/quote]

Wow, very good. I hate when they don't include the theatrical cut.

Just chiming in to report that yes, it does have the theatrical.. But after watching the DC, you'll never touch the theatrical again. DC does it so much more justice.

Saw this at FYE for $22 the week of release, used copies are now running $18. If you can find it used, a good deal + FYE card.

[quote name='cagfansub']Hmm.. wasn't there a 10% BB coupon somewhere that we can also use this week?[/QUOTE]Look in B&M store for a pamphlet on upcoming releases. On the back page are two coupons good all month; one for 10% off, 1 for double RZ points

[quote name='probablysober']My just arrived in the mail today, according to the back of the case it also has the theatrical edition for those of you who were wondering about that.

It also has a second disc for your computer so you can have a digital version of it.[/quote]

Is the theatrical cut 1080p as well?

[quote name='moonphrogg']Is the theatrical cut 1080p as well?[/quote]

Yes, it is, but I guarantee you, once you watch the Director's Cut, you'll never worry about the theatrical again.

This is one of my five favorite films of all time. Highly recommended, and a pretty damn good price for the Blu-Ray.

$11 @ Tower.com peoples. Transformers is $23(now shipping from them). Afro Samurai is $12. Free shipping over $25. There's more stuff too there, just look around.

There shipping is pretty good on time.

It was 26.85. Mentally I just rounded down for some reason. I saw a 2 and a 5 and started typing. I'm like the cheap ass version of the monkey trying to hammer out Shakespeare on a keyboard.

I couldn't resist Dark City for only $10. I don't usually care about Blu-Ray/hi-def, but... it's so cheap! I'm a huge Romero fan, so I got it with Dawn of the Dead BD for $25.88.

This site makes my wallet very sad.

[quote name='tacgnol']I was reading that the extra footage is very important to the plot, much in the same manner that the extra footage to Donnie Darko helped take out a lot of speculation of what happened at the end.[/QUOTE]

I also (the post after this) hated the directors cut of Donnie Darko. And the directors cut of Dark City isnt exceptional or really worth it (on top of the already great movie). But if you have to buy one, get this.

Grabbed this, as well... thanks for posting the deal.

I was hoping they'd have a nice price on Nightmare Before Xmas on BD but it's not much better than Amazon's.

Added Christopher Hitchens' book God is Not Great to the cart to net the free shipping, too.

[quote name='Arakias']I also (the post after this) hated the directors cut of Donnie Darko.[/quote]

Really? I thought it made the movie much more coherent...and not just weird for the sake of weird.

I'm thinking about getting this at tower.com, but was wondering if any of you have used google checkout? I've never used it before and was wondering what you thought of it.

[quote name='erehwon']I'm thinking about getting this at tower.com, but was wondering if any of you have used google checkout? I've never used it before and was wondering what you thought of it.[/quote]

Google checkout is fine. It was pretty popular here with some major site-specific discounts for a long time. Surprised you missed it.

Of course, if you are waiting around on a deal like this because you can't decide how to checkout, you won't be getting in on many cheap ass deals anyway ;)

[quote name='turls']Google checkout is fine. It was pretty popular here with some major site-specific discounts for a long time. Surprised you missed it.

Of course, if you are waiting around on a deal like this because you can't decide how to checkout, you won't be getting in on many cheap ass deals anyway ;)[/quote]

Yeah, GCO is fine. I know I got a ton of great deals using it on Buy.com.

I just noticed, Tower is cheaper than Amazon on Twister and Sarah Connor chronicles as well. Dang, I wish I had checked into this before placing my amazon order. Oh welll.
I may just combine Dark city with Nightmare before Christmas (also cheaper than amazon) instead.
The one dis-advantage of Amazon Prime, is that once you place an order, it goes into processing almost right away, so if you want to cancel, it's too late.

I keep trying to stop buying movies, but deals like this keep forcing my hand. I hope it is as good as everyone says that it is.

I decided to add Shinobi to Dark city (and a book for free shipping).
Can't complain for 10.99 per movie. Even though they are blind buys.

[quote name='erehwon']I just got mine today. I think I made a good choice for my first blu-ray movie.[/QUOTE]

My first blu-ray as well, Even though it was a double dip, I watched the hell out of that movie on DVD to the point of the case alone looking like it went through a war zone.

bread's done
Back